+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied to become a Permanent Resident in March 2019 and considering Writ of Mandamus

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hi all,

I applied to become a permanent resident on March 22nd, 2019. I was requested to submit a police clearance certificate in October 2019. Last update was in April 2021 when I passed eligibility. My application was transferred to Montreal's immigration office for further processing (which was very cryptic, to begin with) the same day. Security has not started yet and criminality is still in progress. It's been the case since October 2019 and it's highly unlikely it will move forward anytime soon. I have requested my notes again and I expect the same results as those in the notes I received in May 2021 after a recent call to IRCC, during which the agent said that no progress has been made.

Given the trajectory of the process, would a writ of mandamus be appropriate at this time? To sum it up, I applied in March 2019. The processing should have been finalized in March 2021 based on the most recent processing time available on the CIC website. As of today, it has been 3 years, 5 months, and 8 days since the submission (A delay of 17 months with no actions in sight by IRCC)

Please let me know what you think and let me know if you need additional information.

• Wow
Reactions: Tamiou

usmm

Jan 7, 2022
Hi all,

I applied to become a permanent resident on March 22nd, 2019. I was requested to submit a police clearance certificate in October 2019. Last update was in April 2021 when I passed eligibility. My application was transferred to Montreal's immigration office for further processing (which was very cryptic, to begin with) the same day. Security has not started yet and criminality is still in progress. It's been the case since October 2019 and it's highly unlikely it will move forward anytime soon. I have requested my notes again and I expect the same results as those in the notes I received in May 2021 after a recent call to IRCC, during which the agent said that no progress has been made.

Given the trajectory of the process, would a writ of mandamus be appropriate at this time? To sum it up, I applied in March 2019. The processing should have been finalized in March 2021 based on the most recent processing time available on the CIC website. As of today, it has been 3 years, 5 months, and 8 days since the submission (A delay of 17 months with no actions in sight by IRCC)

Please let me know what you think and let me know if you need additional information.
Hi did you ask for gcms notes or talk your local MP about your case I suggested ask for gcms note or talk local mp

Adamdear

Apr 29, 2018
Hi did you ask for gcms notes or talk your local MP about your case I suggested ask for gcms note or talk local mp
I exhausted every option possible. I talked to my MP, sent webform messages, called them endless times, requested notes, and sent them a letter last year to no avail.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I exhausted every option possible. I talked to my MP, sent webform messages, called them endless times, requested notes, and sent them a letter last year to no avail.
There's no harm trying mandamus if you have the cash to pay for a lawyer. Good luck.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all,

Writ of Mandamus will be the right call... otherwise they will keep on dragging your application. You are way outside processing time