+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied PR and my IELTS is about to expire in a month

srinivas44

Aug 21, 2019
I submitted my PR application last month and received AOR. My IELTS is about to expire this month and I would like to check if I need to retake the IELTS exam as my PR is still in processing and may take 1-2 months

I sent an email to IRCC few weeks ago however there is no response from them so far. I reads few blogs and many of them say that the IELTS score gets locked when we submit for PR application but wanted to make sure if it is accurate. I would like to check if anyone faced this situation and have you received any objections from IRCC regarding IELTS expiry.

Looking forward for your guidance

Appreciate your help!!

lampbreaker

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2015
No, your exam will be locked once you submit your application. If in a rare case they need you to retake it, they will specifically ask for it.

srinivas44

Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for your comment. I want to make sure they dont reject my application just because my ielts has expired

Aptechvisa

Mar 26, 2020
Hi,
In general, Canada immigration does not ask for re submission of IELTS score though it may change as well. If you have submitted your application, your exam will be locked. Meanwhile, just keep on practice better IELTS scores for further back up plan.
After submitting PR application, you have 60 days to submit your fees as well as all supporting documents. You can gain higher points scores if you are able to receive good IELTS score. You can gain maximum 24 points if you score 9 CLB in IELTS which implies scoring 8 band in listening while 7 bands in all three modules of reading, writing and speaking.
Hope this Helps!