+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied PGWP on implied status

NAVNII

Jan 6, 2019
Hi canuck_in_uk,
As you are VIP member here in this forum , I would be very thankful to you if you can provide your thoughts on my situation. I applied for SP extension on 24 september 2019 , meanwhile I graduated from my college on 28 Jan 2020 , I applied for PGWP on 05 Feb 2020 on implied status because my study permit already expired on 30 november 2019.Now For SP extension they requested transcripts of winter / summer 2019 from me , that I uploaded . According to these transcripts I already graduated from studies , So in this situation what do you think they will cancel my SP extension application or not ?
In case if they cancel my SP extension application then what I can do next : like do I need to withdraw my PGWP application first and then apply again PGWP along with restoration status. OR can I pay restoration fee including $ 155 for SP extension because I already applied for PGWP .
I called IRCC to ask about this they told me to wait until 26 Feb 2020 for SP extension decision , because acc. to them they will give you extension ( on what basis they are saying this , i do not know).
Pls, pls pls reply your any suggestion would be highly appreciated.
Thank you

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Hi canuck_in_uk,
As you are VIP member here in this forum , I would be very thankful to you if you can provide your thoughts on my situation. I applied for SP extension on 24 september 2019 , meanwhile I graduated from my college on 28 Jan 2020 , I applied for PGWP on 05 Feb 2020 on implied status because my study permit already expired on 30 november 2019.Now For SP extension they requested transcripts of winter / summer 2019 from me , that I uploaded . According to these transcripts I already graduated from studies , So in this situation what do you think they will cancel my SP extension application or not ?
In case if they cancel my SP extension application then what I can do next : like do I need to withdraw my PGWP application first and then apply again PGWP along with restoration status. OR can I pay restoration fee including $ 155 for SP extension because I already applied for PGWP .
I called IRCC to ask about this they told me to wait until 26 Feb 2020 for SP extension decision , because acc. to them they will give you extension ( on what basis they are saying this , i do not know).
Thank you
Maybe extension based on BOWP ?
I heard sometimes they offer you an extension just to apply for PGWP.

Others can comment.

ree14

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi canuck_in_uk,
Thank you
What's the update on your application?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You can apply for PGWP on implied status. You can also get a 3 months or so study permit extension if you only need it to apply for PGWP you just need to explain that is what you are doing in your application.

Mar 22, 2021
You can apply for PGWP on implied status. You can also get a 3 months or so study permit extension if you only need it to apply for PGWP you just need to explain that is what you are doing in your application.
Hello I am an international student waiting for study permit extension. I am graduating in a month and I have now start thinking about applying for PGWP. Did you apply for PGWP while you has a implied status or after getting your extended study permit? Kindly answer my querries.

Thank you

Mar 22, 2021
What's the update on your application?
Hello I am an international student waiting for study permit extension. I am graduating in a month and I have now start thinking about applying for PGWP. Did you apply for PGWP while you has a implied status or after getting your extended study permit? Kindly answer my querries.

Thank you

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014

Thank you
The extension was granted already.
But as I said you can apply on implied status, not clear if you can work immediately https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/permit.html

Peace.zone

Dec 30, 2022
Can we work if applied PGWP while waiting for study permit extension. My study permit is already expired but no decision on study permit extension yet. I have not applied PGWP hoping i will get SPE soon. Any suggestions