+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied paper application for SOWP from inside Canada.

Jun 18, 2018
Hello,

I have applied for paper based SOWP from inside Canada on 3rd of March 2023. It’s been 3 month and I have only received the biometric request. According to Canada immigration site, the processing time for paper based application is 13 days. I would really appreciate any advice that you guys want to give.

Thank you

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
Hello,

I have applied for paper based SOWP from inside Canada on 3rd of March 2023. It’s been 3 month and I have only received the biometric request. According to Canada immigration site, the processing time for paper based application is 13 days. I would really appreciate any advice that you guys want to give.

Thank you
Processing times are an avg only. You can try calling iRCC and checking

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

Thank you
Why did you apply by paper?

Jun 18, 2018
Because processing time was less. Paper based 15 days and online 154 days. I got biometric letter but after that no reply yet

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Because processing time was less. Paper based 15 days and online 154 days. I got biometric letter but after that no reply yet
You should have applied online. Paper applications are for those who are unable to apply online because of for example a disability. It is not meant to circumvent processing times. You may not get a response for some time.

Reactions: BA101
Jun 18, 2018
You should have applied online. Paper applications are for those who are unable to apply online because of for example a disability. It is not meant to circumvent processing times. You may not get a response for some time.
What you suggest ?

should I apply online file as well

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Thank you
Posted processing times are often incorrect and are always averages. There are likely minimal SOWP paper applications making the posted processing times not representative of typical processing times. Assume you are a spouse of someone on a SP or WP. Processing times are typically 4-6+ months. At this point likely doesn’t make sense to apply for online processing since you have already waited for so long.

Jun 18, 2018
Posted processing times are often incorrect and are always averages. There are likely minimal SOWP paper applications making the posted processing times not representative of typical processing times. Assume you are a spouse of someone on a SP or WP. Processing times are typically 4-6+ months. At this point likely doesn’t make sense to apply for online processing since you have already waited for so long.
Do you know someone who got the work permit through paper based file?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What you suggest ?

should I apply online file as well
I'm not sure you need to submit another application.

As others have said, you were supposed to apply online. My guess is that IRCC has put your application in queue with online applications and you need to assume the online processing times apply to you.

So you probably still have at least a month to wait before there is a decision for your application.

Jun 18, 2018
I'm not sure you need to submit another application.

As others have said, you were supposed to apply online. My guess is that IRCC has put your application in queue with online applications and you need to assume the online processing times apply to you.

So you probably still have at least a month to wait before there is a decision for your application.
Do you know anyone in your contact who actually received work permit through paper based application ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Do you know anyone in your contact who actually received work permit through paper based application ?
There are lots of people here who have been approved. I have absolutely zero idea if they applied online or via paper. Presumably almost all of them applied online since you are not supposed to apply via paper.

If you are concerned, I guess you could withdraw the paper application and apply online.

I don't know. I'm not a lawyer.