+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied outland to London, but my app was forwarded to Ottawa?!

Aislingh250

Oct 9, 2013
Hey everyone,

I am applying Outland, stated London as the visa office but after my boyfriends sponsor approval it said online that my appliaction was forwarded to Ottawa..

Ive just received the letter stating my boyfriends approval, but on this it says my app was sent to London and to contact the London visa office for any additional information etc....

Im so confused, im really hoping it did go to London, for the shorter processing times! Has anyone had this same thing happen?!

Thanks!

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
You might want to check with CIC about that. Occasionally, an application gets sent to the "wrong" visa office and it delays processing - so the earlier you can catch it, the better it is.

Now - I'm not saying that your application has indeed been misplaced, but you might want to check. The sponsorship letter indicating the right VO is a good sign, but you can contact CIC to let them know that ecas is indicating Ottawa as a VO, and that there is a discrepancy with the letter. You can also try to contact London - they don't usually send any confirmation that the file has been received, but if you explain that you're contacting them because of the discrepancy, you might get an answer - or a correction on ecas.

Either way - I would check where your file actually is!
Good luck ( and if you do end up in London, feel free to join the thread for applicants going through London, it's quite a supportive one!),
Sweden