+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied inland canada(with Greencard of U.S)

Jul 27, 2020
Me and my wife applied for inland application on march 12th, 2020. We are aware that because of covid 19 all the paper work is delay. its been almost 6 months plus. The visitor extension i applied incase of safety got approved by canada which allow me to stay in canada till nov 29, 2020
But because i held u.s greencard i cannt stay more than a year in canada, because of covid 19 all borders are close and so i cant travel by road for 2 days
I do plans to settle down with my wife in canada, but i got no information related to my documents nor about my owp which i send with my PR application.
my family is forcing me a lot to travel by air, but i cant express them that i dont have much savings for the tickets left. and its depends on agents if they let me canada back after my visit in usa. I hear lot of scary news all over about it that how people got stuck.

I wanted to know is there any way i could travel by my car to usa ? because i am u.s resident and come back after whole day? by showing them the papers?
because i cant afford the plane tickets.
and on the other hand i am thinking of giving up u.s resident greencard and dont travel and just keep on extending my stay here while waiting for my PR and OWP.

What you all advise ?

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
Me and my wife applied for inland application on march 12th, 2020. We are aware that because of covid 19 all the paper work is delay. its been almost 6 months plus. The visitor extension i applied incase of safety got approved by canada which allow me to stay in canada till nov 29, 2020
But because i held u.s greencard i cannt stay more than a year in canada, because of covid 19 all borders are close and so i cant travel by road for 2 days
I do plans to settle down with my wife in canada, but i got no information related to my documents nor about my owp which i send with my PR application.
my family is forcing me a lot to travel by air, but i cant express them that i dont have much savings for the tickets left. and its depends on agents if they let me canada back after my visit in usa. I hear lot of scary news all over about it that how people got stuck.

I wanted to know is there any way i could travel by my car to usa ? because i am u.s resident and come back after whole day? by showing them the papers?
because i cant afford the plane tickets.
and on the other hand i am thinking of giving up u.s resident greencard and dont travel and just keep on extending my stay here while waiting for my PR and OWP.

What you all advise ?
One of your problems is leaving Canada during the process of an inland application can be seen as abandoning your application and may cause you to have to restart your application.

Second a visitor extension is not the same as a guaranteed entry when you leave Canada and come back you wont have that guaranteed status till date. You will have to make a another full entry and deceleration. If you have proof of your common law relationship you do fall under the immediate family exemption to re enter Canada. However it is never a guarantee considering it is then up to that border agent.

Third being a us resident means that you can reenter the us through the land border they can not stop citizens or residents from entering. It is kind of hard to determine what your next best move is. but i would take in all the information. Two facts that are true is public policy allows you to complete a pr application out of status however then you do not fall under the ability to get a work permit. Do you have any want or reason to keep your us status. Both of these things wiegh heavily into decision making,.

if you applied for PR using your green card documents you will have a problem if the us revokes your status. Air travel is alot harder than land however it still is a chance you may get stuck.