+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied in October for visitor, got the answer today, I have until Wednesday (!)

carol_sama

Apr 2, 2020
Did anybody had a short notice like this?
I got the invite for PR (Express Entry), submitted application and have been waiting for 4 months. I understand that now I need to apply for a visa record before wednesday (2nd); will I be able to stay while they process this record?
Am i missing anything?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Did anybody had a short notice like this?
I got the invite for PR (Express Entry), submitted application and have been waiting for 4 months. I understand that now I need to apply for a visa record before wednesday (2nd); will I be able to stay while they process this record?
Am i missing anything?
It's not quite clear what you are asking from your post.

Are you saying that you applied for an extension to your visitor status and only received approval until next Wed? If so, then yes, you need to apply to extend your status again. IRCC needs to receive your application before your status expires.

carol_sama

Apr 2, 2020
It's not quite clear what you are asking from your post.

Are you saying that you applied for an extension to your visitor status and only received approval until next Wed? If so, then yes, you need to apply to extend your status again. IRCC needs to receive your application before your status expires.
Yes. But I appiled in october last year! It took them 8 months to reply, just to say that I have 1 week left? I mean couldn't they at least give a 30 days notice?

My main question is: Am I allowed to stay while they review my extension for visitor stay?
My second question is: If I leave to the US and come back, dont they issue a new visa?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes. But I appiled in october last year! It took them 8 months to reply, just to say that I have 1 week left? I mean couldn't they at least give a 30 days notice?

My main question is: Am I allowed to stay while they review my extension for visitor stay?
My second question is: If I leave to the US and come back, dont they issue a new visa?
Yes - you can stay while they review your extension as long as the extension is received by IRCC before your status expires.

You can leave to the US but you won't necessarily be allowed back into Canada. Right now there are travel restrictions in place so you would need to meet one of the exception criteria in order to enter the country.

Reactions: armoured