+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied from Egypt

vigoretta

Apr 10, 2016
Dear all,

I'm new in here. It's all confusing to me you guys communicate with a lot of abbreviations :) Trying to wrap my hear around everything.

Okay I and my husband just submitted our application 2 weeks ago (Sponsorship outside of Canada) He's a Canadian citizen, I'm an Egyptian. We've been married 10 years and living in Egypt until a few months ago. Right now I'm in Egypt and he's in Canada and of course we're worrying a lot about how long it's going to take to hear from CIC.

We submitted everything required. It says on CIC website that it takes 17 months processing time... My friend (Egyptian who has a Canadian passport) just sponsored her husband (Egyptian) and it took them 6 months from the time they applied to the time he got his PR (they are married only a few months). Some say 4 months. So how long is it exactly? I know it varies but we've been married so long and were never apart until now! I applied for a visitor visa twice and was rejected. So I'm just gonna wait until they get back to me :)

I appreciate if you share your experience :) Thank you

AladdinsGirl

Dec 3, 2014
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-06-2016
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
12-08-2016
Med's Done....
10-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
There is a thread started for Cairo applicants, just look under search "CAIRO VISA OFFICE" sorry I can't put the link here (and yes it's all capitalised).

Jinny61

Apr 4, 2016
vigoretta said:
Thank you I found the thread :) I hope I find my answers there.
Hello i am new here me too... i have send request for my husband living in Égypt ( i am Canadian )

Since 26 october 2015 all is in Immigration Canada we are accepted 30 december
after i have all sent for Quebec we are accepted too
The Embassy have started our request since 21 february 2016 and we have not news since this time

26 april will be 6 months all is send...

i am not able find the link for the thread for Cairo :eek:

May.Egy

Star Member
Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi ladies and welcome to the group!

I too applied through Egypt. I sent my application back in October 2015. Febuary 21 2016 Cairo visa office started processing my file and I haven't heard anything since (I am not applying through Quebec though).

17 months is the general time frame that they give anyone who applies..whether from Egypt or India or China or anywhere. It's the maximum amount of time you'll ever wait. For Egypt, recently I heard it takes from 6-10 months depending on the case and if you have complications.

Thank you for sharing that your friend had hers done in 6 month ;D it gives me hope! A couple of other ppl who were on the Cairo Visa office thread had there's in 6 and 8 months :)

M

mikeymyke

May.Egy said:
Hi ladies and welcome to the group!

I too applied through Egypt. I sent my application back in October 2015. Febuary 21 2016 Cairo visa office started processing my file and I haven't heard anything since (I am not applying through Quebec though).

17 months is the general time frame that they give anyone who applies..whether from Egypt or India or China or anywhere. It's the maximum amount of time you'll ever wait. For Egypt, recently I heard it takes from 6-10 months depending on the case and if you have complications.

Thank you for sharing that your friend had hers done in 6 month ;D it gives me hope! A couple of other ppl who were on the Cairo Visa office thread had there's in 6 and 8 months :)
Yes just remember, the short processing times are for people with straightforward cases with minimal red flags.