+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Work Permit, Passport returned without any stamp with a medical form

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
Guys,

Recently my friend applied for work-permit to practice family medicine in Toronto, Ontario. After submitting all the documents, the Buffalo embassy returned his passport without any stamps with a medical form. He went for his medical and got it done the next day.

Now my question is that how will he get his passport stamped, when the Buffalo embassy returned his passport without any stamps.

Will they request his passport at a later date to get it stamped or will they send him a letter once his work permit is approved.

So does that mean that the Canadian Boarder Immigration Officers will stamp his passport at the Buffalo Border?

Answers appreciated!

Best Regards,
Colin

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

datcolin said:
Guys,

Recently my friend applied for work-permit to practice family medicine in Toronto, Ontario. After submitting all the documents, the Buffalo embassy returned his passport without any stamps with a medical form. He went for his medical and got it done the next day.

Now my question is that how will he get his passport stamped, when the Buffalo embassy returned his passport without any stamps.

Will they request his passport at a later date to get it stamped or will they send him a letter once his work permit is approved. He won't get a "stamp" at the border, he needs the TRV from Buffalo and the LOI for the work permit.

So does that mean that the Canadian Boarder Immigration Officers will stamp his passport at the Buffalo Border?

Answers appreciated!

Best Regards,
Colin

1. Either they requested in the letter that he return the passport after the medical to Buffalo. If not, then they will request it when they receive the medical results in about 3/4 weeks.

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
Thanks for the reply.

My friend informed me that that post he received from the Buffalo embassy only had the passport along with medical forms.

I guess he just needs to wait then.

I will update the forum how the situation turned out to be.

Cheers!
Colin

xsrevelo01

Apr 30, 2012
Hi Colin,

I am exactly on the same boat. I just received my passport back with no work permit but the medical form to be filled by a authorized doctor. No instructions of how to handle this at all. I went ahead and got my medical done and the doctor's office will send the forms to Immigration Canada but I have no idea of what to do next. Please let me know if you figure this out.

Thank you!
Xavier

SARA13

Star Member
Dec 30, 2011
hi seniors

i want to apply work permit in susketchwen what is the procedure for that do i need a employer to sponsor me for the work permit as well need guidence

thanks

xsrevelo01

Apr 30, 2012
datcolin said:
Thanks for the reply.

My friend informed me that that post he received from the Buffalo embassy only had the passport along with medical forms.

I guess he just needs to wait then.

I will update the forum how the situation turned out to be.

Cheers!
Colin
Colin,

Any updates on this? I am also waiting for the passport request but I am thinking if sending the passport before they request it will speed up the process. Any thoughts anyone?

Thank you!

datcolin

Jul 3, 2011
Guys,

well finally my friend received their passports.

Both the primary applicant and the spouse got their work permits.

They are now packing and heading to Toronto. They are now using http://settlement.org/ website which outlines all the key areas to take into consideration before moving to Canada.

Thank you all for your support.

Cheers!
Colin