+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Visitor's Visa, Should I apply for Spousal Sponsorship immediately or wait for the outcome of the Visitor's Visa

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Hello,

I need clarification on what to do.
I got married in August 2021 with my wife being a Permanent Resident in Canada
Waited for September 7th travel exemption as released by IRCC
Applied for Visitor's Visa September 11th 2021 (with Letter of Invitation from my wife)
Got Biometric Notification September 13th 2021
Biometric updated September 14th 2021

Still awaiting the feedback of the visitor's visa. Should I go on to apply for Family Class (Spouse) Outland Sponsorship immediately or wait for the outcome of the visitor's visa before taking the next step?

Will apply for spousal sponsorship concurently affects in anyway?

Kindly advice!!!

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello,

Applied for Visitor's Visa September 11th 2021 (with Letter of Invitation from my wife)

Still awaiting the feedback of the visitor's visa. Should I go on to apply for Family Class (Spouse) Outland Sponsorship immediately or wait for the outcome of the visitor's visa before taking the next step?

Kindly advice!!!
If you want to apply for Outland sponsorship, you can start right away. It doesnt affect anything.

But for inland sponsorship, you have to wait till you reach Canada on visitor visa and start the application

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

Kindly advice!!!
Seems like you should have an answer about whether you’re granted a TRV within a month or two. If you will apply for outland sponsorship and your spouse is back in Canada then you should apply as soon as possible. If you hope to apply for inland sponsorship if your TRV is approved then you should wait for an answer about your TRV application.

tigerc

Sep 16, 2021
If you want to apply for Outland sponsorship, you can start right away. It doesnt affect anything.

But for inland sponsorship, you have to wait till you reach Canada on visitor visa and start the application
Per IRCC's definition of Dual Intent, it is okay to apply for spousal sponsorship and a Visitor Visa (and for the matter, Study Permit/ Work Permit) at the same time. As long as you satisfy the requirements of the application.

There are theories of how ongoing spousal sponsorship could impact an officer's reasoning around whether you meet the requirements of a Visitor Visa. In particular, that you will leave at the end of your granted stay. I have no data or evidence on this.

bluffmaster88

Jun 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Per IRCC's definition of Dual Intent, it is okay to apply for spousal sponsorship and a Visitor Visa (and for the matter, Study Permit/ Work Permit) at the same time. As long as you satisfy the requirements of the application.

There are theories of how ongoing spousal sponsorship could impact an officer's reasoning around whether you meet the requirements of a Visitor Visa. In particular, that you will leave at the end of your granted stay. I have no data or evidence on this.
Those are just speculations. For dual intent, they analyze, on top of other requirements, whether you would return if sponsorship gets rejected.

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
Seems like you should have an answer about whether you’re granted a TRV within a month or two. If you will apply for outland sponsorship and your spouse is back in Canada then you should apply as soon as possible. If you hope to apply for inland sponsorship if your TRV is approved then you should wait for an answer about your TRV application.
Thank you!
I will prefer to do inland but concerned the TRV is taking too much time while the time can start counting for spousal anyway.

AyodejiA

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019

Thank you

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hello,

Kindly advice!!!
visitor visa maybe denied..but let us know if you receive it or not

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you!
I will prefer to do inland but concerned the TRV is taking too much time while the time can start counting for spousal anyway.
TRV isn’t guaranteed so if you plan on applying outland no matter what would start the sponsorship application.