+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Urgent process under secondary review

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Hi all,
I applied for an urgent process under secondary review. I sent my application in May 2015 Secondary review in Sept 2015 nothing since then! I booked my flight tickets it will be in July and applied to urgent process throw specific case webform 5 days ago. I didn't get any response yet!

1- Is there any fees for that as I didn't get any fees request online when I was trying to fill in that form.
2- Are not they required to respond for that WITHIN 2 BUSINESS DAYS? I PAID 6000$ FOR MY FAMILY TICKETS to travel back home.|

Please respond with your opinions and inputs.

Thanks

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
What reason did you give for needing urgent processing? Having bought tickets to travel back "home" is generally not accepted as a valid reason.

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Thanks for your input buddy. from what I read in the case specific web form, they never mention that, we have to give any reason to travel. All they asked about proof of tickets and payments. I'm not sure we are obliged to disclose any reason to travel out of country especially if I proofed to them I have been in the country for 3.5 years straight unless we are in prison and we need a permission from correction officers to visit our over 80 years old parents.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianME said:
Thanks for your input buddy. from what I read in the case specific web form, they never mention that, we have to give any reason to travel. All they asked about proof of tickets and payments. I'm not sure we are obliged to disclose any reason to travel out of country especially if I proofed to them I have been in the country for 3.5 years straight unless we are in prison and we need a permission from correction officers to visit our over 80 years old parents.
Sorry mate, but they have specific criteria for urgent processing, read below :

Examples of when we may process an application for citizenship urgently:

You can't apply for a job or could lose your job because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You cannot go to a Canadian school, college or university because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You need to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and cannot get a passport in your current nationality.
You received a decision on a previous application for citizenship that you successfully appealed to the Federal Court.

here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
I'm talking about PR renewal not citizenship.

ambient2 said:
Sorry mate, but they have specific criteria for urgent processing, read below :

Examples of when we may process an application for citizenship urgently:

You can't apply for a job or could lose your job because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You cannot go to a Canadian school, college or university because you are not a Canadian citizen.
You need to travel because of death or serious illness in the family and cannot get a passport in your current nationality.
You received a decision on a previous application for citizenship that you successfully appealed to the Federal Court.

here is the link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-urgent.asp

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

I am... (required)
And... (required)
First, check your application's status online.

Based on its status:

If your application is already in process
Contact us through the case specific webform and follow the instructions for applying for urgent processing of your renewal/replacement permanent resident card. If you do not include a valid email address under Enquirer identification, we will not be able to contact you.

What happens next

If you send us all the information we ask for, including a valid email address, we will email you within two business days to tell you if we can speed up your application.

If you do not provide all of the information we ask for, we may not process your application urgently. We will continue to process it normally.

When your card is ready, we will usually mail it to you. In some cases, we may ask you to pick it up in-person at a local office.

If your application is not yet in process or does not appear in the system
Fill out another PR card application.

You must include all the supporting documents in this new application, including another set of pictures and certified copies of documents (if applicable).

With your application, include a photocopy of your proof of travel and proof of full payment for your travel.

The proof of travel, such as tickets or an itinerary, must show:

the dates you will be traveling,
your personal information including your full name,
that you have a return ticket leaving from Canada, and
your destination (where you are going).
The proof of payment must show that you paid for your ticket in full. It must show:

the date that you paid,
the full amount paid, and
how you paid.
If you do not send all this information, we may not process your application urgently. We will process it normally.

Please provide an email address where we can contact you if there are any questions.
Also include a photocopy of your receipt of payment form (IMM 5401) or electronic receipt for the application you previously submitted. Do not make a new payment.
On your envelope, write:

Urgent — Proof of travel included

What happens next: When we get your application, we will review it and decide if you qualify for urgent processing. When your card is ready, we will mail it to you. However, we may ask you to pick it up in-person at a local office.

If you do not receive your PR card before you have to travel, follow the steps for how you can return to Canada without a PR card.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadianME said:
I'm talking about PR renewal not citizenship.
Well, you are in the wrong section of this forum then. Anyway, it is expected from CIC to screw up everything and everyone, unless you are not just trying to immigrate here with hundred + thousands of dollars in your pocket. Then they will welcome you, give you a warm milk and sing you, and your family a lullaby (until your money runs out, that's when your honey moon with Canada is over).

CanadianME

Star Member
May 31, 2015
Yep! my bad sir. I guess I'm in the wrong section. I'll take it to the right one now.

Thanks for pointing me out didn't have my lunch yet ;D