+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for the work permit under common-law

Aymsek

Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
Hi, I am hoping to chat and exchange the information with who recently applied for the open work permit under common law.

I am an international student, submitted common law applications with my Canadian partner and work permit at the end of March 2018. I have been waiting for the work permit for 3 months for now.

I haven't heard anything about my work permit yet, am so worried about how the process is going.
Did anyone hear the good news from CIC and please make me feel relieved!haha

Thank you!!

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi, I am hoping to chat and exchange the information with who recently applied for the open work permit under common law.

I am an international student, submitted common law applications with my Canadian partner and work permit at the end of March 2018. I have been waiting for the work permit for 3 months for now.

I haven't heard anything about my work permit yet, am so worried about how the process is going.
Did anyone hear the good news from CIC and please make me feel relieved!haha

Thank you!!
Hi

The stated time for the OWP is 4 months, so you are worrying a bit early.

Aymsek

Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
Hi

The stated time for the OWP is 4 months, so you are worrying a bit early.
Thank you for your reply.
I know it'll take 4 months but do you know if CIC would send me an email when start reviewing my application? ( however, I trucked and got a signature when delivered) Because I got a message for PR so I could link my paper document to my online account.
Literally, there is no reaction, that makes me worried...

Aymsek

Jun 24, 2018
Toronto
Hey there, I applied ten days ago for PR as a common law Outland, since I heard that might help speed things up. However, I’m also waiting for my PGWP which I will hopefully receive this week for 3 years
Thank you for your reply!
If you can apply for PGWP, PR as a common law outland would be faster and the great choice for you.

Hope you will get it asap :)