+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Supervisa but got Visitor visa

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
Dear All,

I applied for my mother's supervisa when she was in the country of origin in June. I have done upfront medical and purchased medical insurance, and submitted our household NoA and all the necessary documentation for Super Visa. I used the new portal (Not the GCkey). I got the visa and passport request in about 2-3 weeks. After I got the visa Stamp, I did not realize that it was visitor visa and not super visa. I realized it when my mom entered Canada and the border control told us that this visitor visa and not supervisa. I contacted the visa office through webform twice. The first time they said that they had only received a visitor visa application. The second time I mentioned that there was only one option available "super visa or visitor visa". But the application asked when she would enter Canada and leave. In the Government of Canada website it mentioned that if we want to visit for more than 6 months then it is processed under super visa. I applied for a couple of years visit.. We attached the upfront medical that is required for Super Visa application. We have also done the biometrics again although the previous biometric was still valid. I told them this must have been a glitch in the system. They replied saying they can't ammed a closed application and suggest that we apply for extension. But extension can only be applied for 6 months at a time and every six months I have to go through this period of anxiety as opposed to Super visa where you don't have to worry for about 5 years. Please let me know if anyone else faced this issue and how to rectify this situation.

asc456

Nov 12, 2018
Dear All,

Anything?

Also, can I apply for Super Visa from anywhere outside of Canada or does it need to be country of origin? And can my mom come to Canada on her existing Visitor visa after she applied for super visa? When there is a PPR how do we send the passport from within Canada?