+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for study permit on 3rd June 2013 and still waiting

akashp89

Jul 21, 2013
Hi All,

I am from Gujarat , India and got admission in Ryerson University, Toronto. My file reached to Delhi High Commission on 4th June 2013 and I am still waiting for their decision. Is there some direct link in visa office where we can ask about visa application status because VFS people are really unaware about things. I heard from people who got visa during June and July though so called PAFOS strike is going on and my application is stuck since last 2 months. My program is going to start from 3rd September, 2013. Will I be able to get my passport back from High Commission of Canada before this? I have tried all means to communicate with High Commission of Canada but they are not giving any details about my application status. I have also visited High Commission of Canada located on Shantipath, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi on 18th July and they told me that they are still reviewing my application. I dont know what is the truth. Please help me if anybody knows some strong point of contact inside High Commission of Canada, New Delhi so I can contact the person regarding my visa application.

Merg

May 3, 2013
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the strike has effected their visa application and caused any delays, etc? I am a journalism student in Canada and I'm doing an assignment on the effect of the strike on International students. Any help would be great! Thanks!

akashp89

Jul 21, 2013
Hey Merg, it has affected me a lot. I have submitted my study permit to High Commission of Canada before 3 months from the date my classes were going to start in Fall 2013 term. I have to wait for one year to start my studies due to the delay caused by immigration services and the course in which I have admission has only one intake every year in September month.