+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for study permit but Correspondence letter says work permit

MinaDi

May 4, 2021
Hi everyone. I had filled out and online application for a study permit + co-op from within Canada. Today I received the message on my account that my application has been approved. However on the confirmation letter it says: Summery of documents issued:
Permit - WP-Ext. & eTA.
It doesn’t list the study permit.
I haven’t received any mail with the visas yet. It can take up to 6 weeks to receive it. I just wanted to be sure if I will receive the study visa. Does anyone know why the study permit wasn’t listed/ experienced the same? Also why does it say Work permit extension for the co op?

Kind regards
Mina

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Was it an extension ?
The processing time of the WP (38 days) is less than the SP(10 weeks).
Probably they approved WP first, however since they approved your WP , you would have no issue in the SP approval I guess.

MinaDi

May 4, 2021
No it is not an extension I’m applying for both the first time. That’s why I’m so confused.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Try to call them, but I don't find a reason for you to worry , you have one approved, this means the other one would be approved by default.

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Please let us know how it goes , so we'll know what happens in such situations.
Thanks in advance.

ashrut05

Jul 16, 2020
Hey can you let me know when did you apply for extension? I applied back in Mid- January, no update so far. Also did you attach a supporting letter to explain your situation? Thanks

UBC 2017

Apr 8, 2017
Hey can you let me know when did you apply for extension? I applied back in Mid- January, no update so far. Also did you attach a supporting letter to explain your situation? Thanks
No supporting letter, just the documents in the checklist.
SP Extension within Canada
Application : 19 April 2021
Bio : Not Needed
Background Check: NA
Medical : Not Needed
Eligibility Review: Not Started
1 ghost update on April 21
Approved today 28 May together with work permit.
Took 39 days although website says 57.

Reactions: ashrut05