+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for study permit as a family of 4 ( wife - husband and 2 sons)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Can’t comment because don’t know what spouse and sons applied for. They are not processed at same time as your. If sons are school age then should be applying for study permits.

Reactions: Hanh Pham 90

Hanh Pham 90

Mar 25, 2024
Can’t comment because don’t know what spouse and sons applied for. They are not processed at same time as your. If sons are school age then should be applying for study permits.
Dear Naturgrl, My husband applied for SOPW, my first son ( 8 years old ) applied for Study Permit, my second son ( 2 years old ) applied for Visitor. Please help to comment as I am getting worried that I need to travel to Canada alone which I don't want to and that's why I take risk and applied for whole family as the same time.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear Naturgrl, My husband applied for SOPW, my first son ( 8 years old ) applied for Study Permit, my second son ( 2 years old ) applied for Visitor. Please help to comment as I am getting worried that I need to travel to Canada alone which I don't want to and that's why I take risk and applied for whole family as the same time.
Where did you apply from. All three applied for different visas so all have different processing times. That is why timelines are different for all. Nothing agent can do.

Hanh Pham 90

Mar 25, 2024
Where did you apply from. All three applied for different visas so all have different processing times. That is why timelines are different for all. Nothing agent can do.
I applied from Viet Nam. But can I have guaranty that 4 members will all have visa? as I applied as a family as a whole, if pass all pass and if fail all fail? am I correct?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied from Viet Nam. But can I have guaranty that 4 members will all have visa? as I applied as a family as a whole, if pass all pass and if fail all fail? am I correct?
Visas for all family members are never guaranteed. They can be refused. Each has different requirements. Your permit may be the only one approved. Hopefully you will all get approved. Assume you have secured housing and daycare for children in the meantime. Canada is in a housing crisis.

Hanh Pham 90

Mar 25, 2024
Visas for all family members are never guaranteed. They can be refused. Each has different requirements. Your permit may be the only one approved. Hopefully you will all get approved. Assume you have secured housing and daycare for children in the meantime. Canada is in a housing crisis.
I have searched for some daycares and asked them to put my son's name into waitlist. There is one says they have some spots for September 2024. But I can not decide now for house rental ( 4 members ) or only room rental ( only me) as other members are still waiting for visas. That makes me confused and worried a lot.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have searched for some daycares and asked them to put my son's name into waitlist. There is one says they have some spots for September 2024. But I can not decide now for house rental ( 4 members ) or only room rental ( only me) as other members are still waiting for visas. That makes me confused and worried a lot.
When do your studies start? What is the program? You may need to go ahead, settle and start your studies. If you don’t want to then you may want to defer.

Hanh Pham 90

Mar 25, 2024
When do your studies start? What is the program? You may need to go ahead, settle and start your studies. If you don’t want to then you may want to defer.
I will study Business Management - Post Grad 1 year Program in Saskatchewan Polytechnic. The course starts in September 2024. I also can not book flight tickets now as waiting for other members. I do not think I will defer as I am 34 years old now. The worst thing is I need to travel alone in last minutes. :(

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will study Business Management - Post Grad 1 year Program in Saskatchewan Polytechnic. The course starts in September 2024. I also can not book flight tickets now as waiting for other members. I do not think I will defer as I am 34 years old now. The worst thing is I need to travel alone in last minutes. :(
But you have been approved. So all you can do is wait for remaining family members.