+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applied for student visa got email today stating TRV got approved

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
applied for cousin student visa ( india ) last month, today got email saying temporary resident visa is approved and need to send passport for stamping . does this mean she got student visa ?

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
applied for cousin student visa ( india ) last month, today got email saying temporary resident visa is approved and need to send passport for stamping . does this mean she got student visa ?

Why would they ask you for the passport if it wasn't approved ?

Reactions: GagandeepAhluwalia

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018

Why would they ask you for the passport if it wasn't approved ?
did u get my question correct? as I was not able to see any thing about study visa in email & received TRV and passport request I asked this.
if you don't have answer it all good

Last edited:

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
did u get my question correct? as I was not able to see any thing about study visa in email & received TRV and passport request I asked this.
if you don't have answer it all good
There is no such thing as study visa. You get a TRV visa to enter Canada. You get a study permit once you reach Canada with a letter of introduction that you will receive in your GC Key account.

I though this was basic knowledge.

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
There is no such thing as study visa. You get a TRV visa to enter Canada. You get a study permit once you reach Canada with a letter of introduction that you will receive in your GC Key account.

I though this was basic knowledge.
thanks some one else helped me out thou
since i didn't came to Canada on study visa i don't have this basic knowledge . thought people are here to help not to give sarcastic answer

selvakk

Champion Member
Nov 28, 2018
thanks some one else helped me out thou
since i didn't came to Canada on study visa i don't have this basic knowledge . thought people are here to help not to give sarcastic answer
I think this is general knowledge, not something that you need have come a study permit to know. A TRV is used for travel , work and studies, with permits being issued to authorise status. This is just part of civics.

newuser86

Jan 30, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
30-03-2023
Med's Done....
09-02-2023
The simple and humane answer: yes it was approved, after landing in canada the immigration officer will then issue the study permit. Congrats!

Reactions: Courayy

kk2018

Oct 24, 2018
The simple and humane answer: yes it was approved, after landing in canada the immigration officer will then issue the study permit. Congrats!
Agree totally , nobody here to teach others civics are general knowledge .
Better not to answer then posting rude comments .
Thanks for understanding