+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for student visa from the Philippines

terrier

Aug 10, 2017
Anyone here that applied student visa from the Philippines, been receive Letter of Acceptance from the school, and now ready for visa application. I had difficulties regarding my settlement fund / show money. Any idea about sponsorship? is it really required that your family will be your sponsror? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: roks

jman25

Jul 27, 2017
Anyone here that applied student visa from the Philippines, been receive Letter of Acceptance from the school, and now ready for visa application. I had difficulties regarding my settlement fund / show money. Any idea about sponsorship? is it really required that your family will be your sponsror? Thanks in advance.
It's not a requirement but it may be a great advantage to your case if your family writes a sponsorship letter for you to say they will be your sponsor while in Canada.

terrier

Aug 10, 2017
It's not a requirement but it may be a great advantage to your case if your family writes a sponsorship letter for you to say they will be your sponsor while in Canada.
thanks jman25 for the quick response. what if in my family, we dont have any business? in short, my family can't really sponsored me but I met a friend, and her family wanted to sponsored me in my studies in Canada. Is it possible that the embassy will grant me visa in the future? what are my chances? thanks a lot!

Anime

Star Member
Jul 1, 2017
Not a requirement, but better. If not, you can find someone like CLOSE RELATIVES. e.g. Uncle or Aunt, and or both.

mayee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
How about if I have a sister who is willing to sponsor me with my studies? Is it fine? Thank you.

RizaBree

Star Member
Aug 25, 2017
How about if I have a sister who is willing to sponsor me with my studies? Is it fine? Thank you.
In my application my sister is sponsoring me. We showed documents of her finances and all. She even wrote a letter stating that she is taking me in during the course of my schooling.

mayee

Star Member
Aug 14, 2017
In my application my sister is sponsoring me. We showed documents of her finances and all. She even wrote a letter stating that she is taking me in during the course of my schooling.
Hello how about if you have a gap in employment, will it wraken the application for student visa?

Poa

Dec 9, 2018
Did they ask you about the details where the sources of funds of your sisters came from. Thank you.

yzarcking

Dec 27, 2018
How much proof of funds is being required by the Philippine embassy/VISA officer?

rogelcorral

Champion Member
Jun 15, 2018
How much proof of funds is being required by the Philippine embassy/VISA officer?
Liquid funds enough to cover tuition for the whole program duration plus cost of living covering the same period. Better yet, apply under SDS where only 1 yr tuition paid plus GIC of Cad$10k deposited at Scotiabank are required for financial proof.

roks

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
How many days or month willthe show money be in the bank? if my friend is willing to lend me the money, how many months do i need to put it there. I already got my LOA afterwhich I will pay my enrollment if the money is ready.

yanimc

Feb 14, 2019
Hi! How long does it take to a get social insurance number? Would you know what is the average period to get a part-time job for students in St. John’s? Salamat!

Ysthyr

May 3, 2021
Hi,
I have already submitted my application for admission from bow valley college and I’m waiting for my LOA. I’m planning to apply for a student visa thru non-SDS. Yung class ko ay magsa start pa on January 2022. When po is the best time to lodge my application? Is best ba na magpamedical na or as per request na lng. Kasi from province pa ako, medyo mahirap magtravel puntang manila.
thank you po

myze

Apr 8, 2021
Hi,
I have already submitted my application for admission from bow valley college and I’m waiting for my LOA. I’m planning to apply for a student visa thru non-SDS. Yung class ko ay magsa start pa on January 2022. When po is the best time to lodge my application? Is best ba na magpamedical na or as per request na lng. Kasi from province pa ako, medyo mahirap magtravel puntang manila.
thank you po
I'm in the same boat. Pero i heard na it's better to submit your application kung kumpleto na papers mo.

myze

Apr 8, 2021
Hi,
thank you po
How do you plan pala to travel to mnl if they ask you to submit your biometrics? I'm coming from a GCQ area kasi and worried if possible na magcommute or private vehicle ang kailangan

Reactions: Ysthyr