Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
Is anyone else here experiencing delays with receiving their SIN?

I applied for my SIN online the same day I received my Confirmation of Permanent Residency, September 28. I called after 30 business days, as per the instructions on their website, to ask about its status. The Call Center agent told me she could see the application, and it was waiting to be processed. She could not expedite it or give me and ETA. Just told me to wait it out.

mkdirjavac

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2020
Is anyone else here experiencing delays with receiving their SIN?

I applied for my SIN online the same day I received my Confirmation of Permanent Residency, September 28. I called after 30 business days, as per the instructions on their website, to ask about its status. The Call Center agent told me she could see the application, and it was waiting to be processed. She could not expedite it or give me and ETA. Just told me to wait it out.
I booked an appointment with Service Canada, get the SIN onsite, maybe you should try that route.

PrincessButtercup

Oct 1, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
30-10-2019
AOR Received.
24-12-2019
Med's Request
07-28-2020
Med's Done....
08-05-2020
Interview........
N/A (COVID)
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
N/A
LANDED..........
09-28-2020
I booked an appointment with Service Canada, get the SIN onsite, maybe you should try that route.
Thanks, but once you've applied online, you can't withdraw your application to apply in person.

After 3 calls and a visit to Service Canada, they were kind of able to tell me what happened. My application was referred to the National Identity Services (NIS). They said this happens to some people, through no fault of the applicant's. They couldn't tell me what exactly triggered it, just that my application was complete, and filed correctly. It it's ever referred to NIS, it can take 3 months to get SIN (with zero notification to the applicant, I only found out because I pressed). Finally the next day after the last call to the Service Canada Call Centre, an experienced agency called me back, and said my application has been processed, and the delay and NIS referral was linked to the COPR letter. Now it's been a week and I'm just waiting to get it in the mail. As of today I'm exactly at the 60-day mark since applying. Hoping it's over, but very frustrating, nonetheless.

• Sad
Reactions: EnthuChap

brb2288

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
05-12-2022
LANDED..........
12-01-2024
How did you booked the appointment was it by phone or online?Can you share more information.

mkdirjavac

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2020
How did you booked the appointment was it by phone or online?Can you share more information.
I submitted a request for in-person service. From the following link.
https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/
It says they will return a call within two business days. A representative called me back the next day, I explained I need SIN asap as oppose to apply online and waiting for mail to come in. The representative searched Service Canada centers near me and scheduled an open slot for me.

However, when I arrive at the Service Canada center(Vancouver-west broadway), they are indeed taking walk-ins as well. But line was long so I recommend submit the request for appointment online and wait for their call back.

Rkcad2021

Star Member
Dec 4, 2020
I submitted a request for in-person service. From the following link.
https://eservices.canada.ca/en/service/
It says they will return a call within two business days. A representative called me back the next day, I explained I need SIN asap as oppose to apply online and waiting for mail to come in. The representative searched Service Canada centers near me and scheduled an open slot for me.

However, when I arrive at the Service Canada center(Vancouver-west broadway), they are indeed taking walk-ins as well. But line was long so I recommend submit the request for appointment online and wait for their call back.
did you get the SIN in the same visit ??

mkdirjavac

Dec 21, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
20-10-2019
Passport Req..
05-03-2020
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2020
did you get the SIN in the same visit ??
Yes I did, same visit. Took about 10 mins. It's different than the actual social security card from US, that Canadian SIN is just a paper with your number on it. They can print it out for you right away.

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Thanks, but once you've applied online, you can't withdraw your application to apply in person.

After 3 calls and a visit to Service Canada, they were kind of able to tell me what happened. My application was referred to the National Identity Services (NIS). They said this happens to some people, through no fault of the applicant's. They couldn't tell me what exactly triggered it, just that my application was complete, and filed correctly. It it's ever referred to NIS, it can take 3 months to get SIN (with zero notification to the applicant, I only found out because I pressed). Finally the next day after the last call to the Service Canada Call Centre, an experienced agency called me back, and said my application has been processed, and the delay and NIS referral was linked to the COPR letter. Now it's been a week and I'm just waiting to get it in the mail. As of today I'm exactly at the 60-day mark since applying. Hoping it's over, but very frustrating, nonetheless.
I applied on 14 Sep in-person and still waiting to get my SIN. They have referred my case to Immigration and what could be the cause of that, they couldn't say. I got 2 jobs and both employers denied onboarding me as I don't have the SIN and when I informed Service Canada about this, they changed priority to 'urgent' and that is as much as they could do. Unless immigration responds to them, they can't do anything.

CBAB

Feb 6, 2023

Hello. I’m in the same situation. How long did it take to get your SIN eventually?