+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PRTD gave Client ID instead of PR card number

Harry99

Aug 3, 2016
Hi,
Last month I applied for a PRTD through VFS Jalandhar.

I just realised that in the section where I was supposed to write "The number on your Record of Landing, Conformation of Permanent Residence or Permanent Resident Card", I wrote the client ID which was written on my COPR and PR Card(the ID No)

But along my documents I did include the xerox copy of both, my PR card(front and back) and of my COPR.
Will there be a problem ? If yes, what should I do, should I contact the VFS ?

And wasn't the vfs supposed to correct me ?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Harry99 said:
Hi,
Last month I applied for a PRTD through VFS Jalandhar.

I just realised that in the section where I was supposed to write "The number on your Record of Landing, Conformation of Permanent Residence or Permanent Resident Card", I wrote the client ID which was written on my COPR and PR Card(the ID No)

But along my documents I did include the xerox copy of both, my PR card(front and back) and of my COPR.
Will there be a problem ? If yes, what should I do, should I contact the VFS ?

And wasn't the vfs supposed to correct me ?
VFS sends the documents to canadian embassy after you submit it and they might have forwarded your documents already to the canadian embassy. They are just supposed to check if the paperwork is in order or not. They are not supposed to check the details about the forms only canadian embassy will check it.
As you have already submitted the photocopies, i think it may be fine however, if you still want to get hold of VFS as well as the embassy, you can try.

Harry99

Aug 3, 2016
Thanks, your reply helped more than you known. I was really worried, hope everything works out.

I wonder how much more time it's going to take.....

Shahid malik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Winnipeg MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
7-2-2018
AOR Received.
20 -03-2018
Med's Request
28-March
Med's Done....
04-April 2018 and passed 13 April
Harry99 said:
Thanks, your reply helped more than you known. I was really worried, hope everything works out.

I wonder how much more time it's going to take.....
I am also going to apply for prtd pl tell what is the validity of prtd in months
Thanks

Harry99

Aug 3, 2016
Shahid malik said:
I am also going to apply for prtd pl tell what is the validity of prtd in months
Thanks
Replied on your other post as well, it's valid for 6 months from the date of stamping.

Shahid malik

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Winnipeg MB
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
7-2-2018
AOR Received.
20 -03-2018
Med's Request
28-March
Med's Done....
04-April 2018 and passed 13 April
Harry99 said:
Replied on your other post as well, it's valid for 6 months from the date of stamping.
Thanks dear