+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for PR+OWP, linked PR application online but unable to link OWP

veilance008

Aug 11, 2019
Hi! Sponsoring my wife from South Korea for PR and we also applied for an open work permit at the same time. We have successfully linked our PR application online but we were unable to like the OWP. We called CIC and they told us we could not link it because the OWP has not been entered into the system. Isn't this strange as we sent both the PR and OWP at the same time? Was wondering if anyone else had the same issue.

We tried every single combination of entries we could think of. Thank you!

Rsp1990

Aug 24, 2019
Same here too. I was only able to link my PR and not the OWP. When did you submit your application?

Here's my timeline tho:

PR+OWP
Submitted Application: 12th July 2019
Application Receipt: 19th July 2019
AOR: 27th August 2019
AOR linked Online: 27th August 2019
OWP: Unable to link - present (tried all the combinations but it didn’t work)

For those who are able to link OWP online, please help us. Thank you my friends. I’m wishing all of us a smooth journey and successes in the end.

riverphoenix

May 17, 2018
These are actually 2 different applications and are processed in different places which explains why you can link the PR but not the OWP.

Rsp1990

Aug 24, 2019
These are actually 2 different applications and are processed in different places which explains why you can link the PR but not the OWP.
Yes. Cause IRCC will forward OWP application to Vegreville. It is likely that the application is not entered to the system yet that's why we're unable to link it. I have read a forum where some were able to link OWP the same day they got their AOR for PR, some after 3 days, some after a week, and some after three weeks from linking PR Application online.

I hope everything is going well with our application and soon will be entered soon in the system. We're just worried cause we know that there's is no notification for returned applications.