upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Hi everyone,

Are you one of those who applied for family sponsorship in 2015 or even earlier and still waiting for PR?
I would appreciate it if you can share the following details:

1) When did you apply?
2) Which country did you apply from?
3) How long have you been waiting at the background check stage?
4) Are there any known reasons causing the delay? (ex. missing docs, application returned, application lost, etc..)
5) Is the person waiting for the PR a male or a female (because female applications are usually processed faster)

I personally applied to sponsor my husband who lives in Lebanon and have been waiting since December 2015. Unknown reason for delay.

Your experience may provide some help to other applicants. We can learn from each other mistakes or advice.

Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I_Miss_Him said:
5) Is the person waiting for the PR a male or a female (because female applications are usually processed faster)
Why do you think that female apps are processed faster?

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I_Miss_Him said:
Hi everyone,

Are you one of those who applied for family sponsorship in 2015 or even earlier and still waiting for PR?

1) When did you apply?
4) Are there any known reasons causing the delay? (ex. missing docs, application returned, application lost, etc..)

I personally applied to sponsor my husband who lives in Lebanon and have been waiting since December 2015. Unknown reason for delay.

Your experience may provide some help to other applicants. We can learn from each other mistakes or advice.

Thank you.

My wife ( Female ) waited 17 Months before receiving her CPR , applied end of Sept. 2015 , approved end of Feb. 2017

IuliaMB

Mar 13, 2017
We applied in March 2015.

I am the sponsor and my husband is Nigerian so our application went to Accra.

We first heard from them in February 2016 when they said they doubt that our marriage was genuine. Fortunately, at that point i had been staying with my husband in Nigeria for 6 months so we had plenty of proof to send them. We put together over 200 pages of additional proof.

Then they also asked for police records from both Nigeria and Canada (my husband went to school in Canada). He had been fingerprinted by the Canadian police before so because his prints were on record, it took 8 months for a police report to be released to us, even though it was a charge he was found not guilty of.

In December 2016 they asked him to re-do his medicals. On March 3 2017 they finally sent us PPR. We are now waiting to get pick up email and hopefully by the end of this month my husband will be home.

This past year has been one of the hardest in our lives and we are both looking forward to not having to deal with CIC ever again.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
canuck_in_uk said:
Why do you think that female apps are processed faster?
I know three guys who applied to sponsor their wives two months after I submitted my application to sponsor my husband. The 3 wives were called to an interview in June on the same day with my husband and they got their visas 2 weeks after. So basically they applied in February and got their visas in June. It took them only about 4 months. My husband is still waiting since December 2015. That's 15 months.

When I did my search on why they got their visas much faster, I found websites and forums that mention that females get their visas faster because background checks are not as extensive and thus they are done faster.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
TANMEX said:
My wife ( Female ) waited 17 Months before receiving her CPR , applied end of Sept. 2015 , approved end of Feb. 2017
Yes, one of my relatives had the same experience. He applied to sponsor his wife in January 2016 and is still waiting. However, in their case there were problems. They had hired a representative to fill their application and submit it on their behalf and the representative missed some papers. Their application was returned and they had to resubmit it along with the missing papers. After that, they were told by CIC that their application had been lost and it took them a while to find it.

It also depends on the country. The females I am talking about are all from Lebanon.

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
IuliaMB said:

We first heard from them in February 2016 when they said they doubt that our marriage was genuine. Fortunately, at that point i had been staying with my husband in Nigeria for 6 months so we had plenty of proof to send them. We put together over 200 pages of additional proof.

Then they also asked for police records from both Nigeria and Canada (my husband went to school in Canada). He had been fingerprinted by the Canadian police before so because his prints were on record, it took 8 months for a police report to be released to us, even though it was a charge he was found not guilty of.

In December 2016 they asked him to re-do his medicals. On March 3 2017 they finally sent us PPR. We are now waiting to get pick up email and hopefully by the end of this month my husband will be home.

This past year has been one of the hardest in our lives and we are both looking forward to not having to deal with CIC ever again.
Thank you for sharing your experience. Sorry to hear that they gave you a hard time. Congratulations to you and to your husband. I hope you reunite soon and start a wonderful life in Canada.

Palidino

Feb 8, 2017
I_Miss_Him said:
Hi everyone,

1) When did you apply?

Thank you.
Sent my application on November 1. Arrived November 3 at CIC Mississauga. I sponsored my wife from china. Got a PPR email late February. Received her passport back with visa, march 7

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Palidino said:
Sent my application on November 1. Arrived November 3 at CIC Mississauga. I sponsored my wife from china. Got a PPR email late February. Received her passport back with visa, march 7
Thank you for sharing and congratulations!

julia7

Mar 18, 2017
Hi I_MISS_HIM

I just wanted to let you know I have the exact same timeline as you.
applied Beirut dec 2015-
aor1 jan,2016
interview june 2016
still waiting no updates :(

Seherhanif

Mar 11, 2017
Applicant Dec 2015

Salam! I am 2015 Dec applicant ...application received mississauga on 2nd December 2015
Sponsor approval feb 1st 2016
Additional documents request sep 23rd 2016
Remedical assessment request sent on Oct 14 2016
Remedical done on Oct 31 2016
After that no updates? I asked London office via email they said officer determined that an interview may be necessary with principal applicant ..but no updates till now ...can anybody will help me on this regard? Thankyou

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
IuliaMB said:

Wow. sorry to read about your experience. you can join us in the Accra Thread. we are many.all the best. wishing you speedy pick up mail

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
julia7 said:
Hi I_MISS_HIM

I just wanted to let you know I have the exact same timeline as you.
applied Beirut dec 2015-
aor1 jan,2016
interview june 2016
still waiting no updates :(
It's weird, almost everyone else who applied in 2015 got their visas by most early this year except applicants from Lebanon (Unless they were missing files or there are issues with their application). The average processing time for Lebanon is 13 months and now we are hitting the 15th month.

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
I_Miss_Him said:
It's weird, almost everyone else who applied in 2015 got their visas by most early this year except applicants from Lebanon (Unless they were missing files or there are issues with their application). The average processing time for Lebanon is 13 months and now we are hitting the 15th month.
Can I ask, where you have gotten the information about the applicants from Lebanon not getting visa, and everyone else has?

I_Miss_Him

Star Member
May 22, 2016
Visa Office......
Beirut
App. Filed.......
December 2015
AOR Received.
January 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
June 2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
16-06-2017
Re: Applicant Dec 2015

Seherhanif said:
Salam! I am 2015 Dec applicant ...application received mississauga on 2nd December 2015
Sponsor approval feb 1st 2016
Additional documents request sep 23rd 2016
Remedical assessment request sent on Oct 14 2016
Remedical done on Oct 31 2016
After that no updates? I asked London office via email they said officer determined that an interview may be necessary with principal applicant ..but no updates till now ...can anybody will help me on this regard? Thankyou
Salam Seherhanif,

Hopefully you will hear back from them soon. Have you tried requesting GCMS notes to see what's going on or if they will really ask your spouse for interview? The interview is part of the Eligibility check. If they think you need an interview, under Eligibility, they would write "recommended interview". Otherwise, if they say "passed", it means there is no need for an interview anymore.
An interview also may be recommended as part of the background check but it is not as common as the eligibility interview.