+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for Extension of Work Permit & Approved Extended Period of Work u/s 186(u)!! Confused!!

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi everyone!

I have a question!

I have applied for my work permit extension on Oct 27th, 2020. My original WP will be expiring on Dec 2nd, 2020. Today i got a message in my account stated that

"
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.
".

It has been extended till Feb 25, 2021. What are the chances of getting it approved ? I know that i can keep working with the same employer under same conditions imposed until Feb 2021. But still I am curious to know if that means it will be approved because i read somewhere that the Extended work permit approves only when the conditions are fulfilled.

Please let me know about your experience and opinions.

Thank You in Advance.

Regards

Sahil

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
Hi everyone!

I have a question!

I have applied for my work permit extension on Oct 27th, 2020. My original WP will be expiring on Dec 2nd, 2020. Today i got a message in my account stated that

"
Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working.
".

It has been extended till Feb 25, 2021. What are the chances of getting it approved ? I know that i can keep working with the same employer under same conditions imposed until Feb 2021. But still I am curious to know if that means it will be approved because i read somewhere that the Extended work permit approves only when the conditions are fulfilled.

Thank You in Advance.

Regards

Sahil
Hi Sahil
It seems like you have extension until Feb 25.
Can you please advise that what kind of work permit did you have and on what basis did you apply extension.
My friend is in same situation her work permit was expiring on Oct 28 and she applied for extension on Oct 27. Her work permit was LMIA based. Her Employer has applied for LMIA for her on Oct 26. She applied for extension with LMIA application number provided by the employer.
You help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Hi Sahil
Can you please advise that what kind of work permit did you have and on what basis did you apply extension.
My friend is in same situation her work permit was expiring on Oct 28 and she applied for extension on Oct 27. Her work permit was LMIA based. Her Employer has applied for LMIA for her on Oct 26. She applied for extension with LMIA application number provided by the employer.
Hi

My work permit is LMIA exempt and my job offer has been extended upto Dec 2022. Based on that, I applied for extension. I'm still waiting for the final decision. It seems like it'll take two weeks minimum but I'm not sure. It's under NOC 0015.

Jimi01

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hi everyone!

I have a question!

"
".

Thank You in Advance.

Regards

Sahil
It only means you are under implied status and allowed to keep working under the condition of old wp while waiting for the new one to be approved. I received the same after submitting my wp application. I think the date they mentioned in the letter takes into consideration the current processing time. It doesn't mean it's approved though...

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
It only means you are under implied status and allowed to keep working under the condition of old wp while waiting for the new one to be approved. I received the same after submitting my wp application. I think the date they mentioned in the letter takes into consideration the current processing time. It doesn't mean it's approved though...
Thank you. I hope it will be approved soon! Eagerly waiting for it.

navidhillon

Nov 13, 2020
Hi Sahil
my case is similar to your friends case , applied for WP extension on 7 sept , still waiting .

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
Can anyone please let me know the detailed meaning of this condition mentioned below :-

Unless authorized, must not attend any educational institution or take any academic, professional or vocational training course"

I looked into the forum and found out that you can get yourself enrolled in training which is less than six months. Is dat true?

i mean training for security license and truck driving? Just wanted to know. Please.

daf450

Star Member
Dec 9, 2019
hi @sahilarora2003 i got an update in my profile for inland my work permit extension that i have submitted on October 24th.
now it says: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

have you got the same update too?

does anyone have any idea how long does it take starting from this update to get a response?

Thanks a lot!

sahilarora2003

Mar 13, 2013
Surrey
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
09-09-2022
Doc's Request.
20-12-2022
AOR Received.
09-09-2022
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2022
hi @sahilarora2003 i got an update in my profile for inland my work permit extension that i have submitted on October 24th.
now it says: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements

have you got the same update too?

does anyone have any idea how long does it take starting from this update to get a response?

Thanks a lot!
No Update for me yet!! It all vary from case to case but usually in view of the covid 19 situation, i hope you’ll get an update within a week maximum.