+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

applied for extension of my work permit but medical card is expired

irfan1983

Jul 11, 2019
i already applied for extension of my work permit on the same emplyei already applied for extension of my work permit on the same employee.My wife Medical card is also expired and she is expecting a baby as well in august and i am sure my work permit answer will not coming till that time.so any body here what i can do so please advise me

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
i already applied for extension of my work permit on the same emplyei already applied for extension of my work permit on the same employee.My wife Medical card is also expired and she is expecting a baby as well in august and i am sure my work permit answer will not coming till that time.so any body here what i can do so please advise me
Do you have private insurance?

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
You have 2 options right now.. First is that you explain your situation to the hospital, provide them with your work permit extension documents. It should be fine if they accept and no further action needed from your side.

However, if they refuse, then you have no other option than to cover non-resident dues for all the expenses. Therefore, it is VERY important that you reach out to HR and ask for your insurance to provide you PPR (Provincial Plan Replacement) ASAP for the time it takes for your WP to process. This should give you 100% coverage on all the health expenses.

irfan1983

Jul 11, 2019
You have 2 options right now.. First is that you explain your situation to the hospital, provide them with your work permit extension documents. It should be fine if they accept and no further action needed from your side.

However, if they refuse, then you have no other option than to cover non-resident dues for all the expenses. Therefore, it is VERY important that you reach out to HR and ask for your insurance to provide you PPR (Provincial Plan Replacement) ASAP for the time it takes for your WP to process. This should give you 100% coverage on all the health expenses.

irfan1983

Jul 11, 2019
Thank you friend.any chances the hospital accept my extension documents?
How long they take a time for work permit extension ?

arkhamdominion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2019
Thank you friend.any chances the hospital accept my extension documents?
How long they take a time for work permit extension ?
Your best chance is to talk to the hospital. Usually they are very understanding and should give you the details to follow up.

irfan1983

Jul 11, 2019
Hello every one I need one information I already appplied LMIA and CAQ almost 7 months ago. Now I got my CAQ today but LMIA is still pending.how many chances they give me positive LMIA ? Please help me

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello every one I need one information I already appplied LMIA and CAQ almost 7 months ago. Now I got my CAQ today but LMIA is still pending.how many chances they give me positive LMIA ? Please help me
No one here can comment on whether an LMIA will be approved or not.