+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for express entry from outside Canada(non-quebec FSW), I now have a post doc offer in Quebec

vv566

Jan 8, 2020
Hello every one,

My situation is quite strange due to the fact that I recently applied for Express entry program a couple of days ago with my spouse as the primary applicant and waiting for my ITA.Also, I recently got a post doc offer from a university in Quebec for 1 year which is supposed to be LMIA exempted job. Soon I'll start my work permit process for both of us and I will move in a couple of months to Quebec.

We would like to choose our final destination as Ontario and our intention never was to stay in Quebec. But if we had to stay in Quebec for more than 2 years for any reason.

1. Do the work permit request conflict with the PR process?
2. Will my job offer in Quebec contradicts to our final destination intention?
3. Will my citizenship application is impacted due to the fact that i stayed in quebec without PR through Quebec FSW?

Also i have seen that quebec immigration process is slow and unpredictable.

I would like to have your advise as i am totally in a confused state of mind.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello every one,

My situation is quite strange due to the fact that I recently applied for Express entry program a couple of days ago with my spouse as the primary applicant and waiting for my ITA.Also, I recently got a post doc offer from a university in Quebec for 1 year which is supposed to be LMIA exempted job. Soon I'll start my work permit process for both of us and I will move in a couple of months to Quebec.

We would like to choose our final destination as Ontario and our intention never was to stay in Quebec. But if we had to stay in Quebec for more than 2 years for any reason.

3. Will my citizenship application is impacted due to the fact that i stayed in quebec without PR through Quebec FSW?

You haven't applied for EE. You've submitted a profile.

1. No.

2. Yes. You can expect an EE app to be refused because you live in Quebec.

3. N/A since you likely will not be approved for EE because you live in Quebec.

vv566

Jan 8, 2020
You haven't applied for EE. You've submitted a profile.

1. No.

2. Yes. You can expect an EE app to be refused because you live in Quebec.

3. N/A since you likely will not be approved for EE because you live in Quebec.
What if I receive an ITA and I submit my documents, pay and submit my eAPR. Can I start applying my work permit after getting AOR? what will be my chances of EE acceptance?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
What if I receive an ITA and I submit my documents, pay and submit my eAPR. Can I start applying my work permit after getting AOR? what will be my chances of EE acceptance?
You still have to update IRCC with your Quebev address, at which point you will have problems.

Rahal2000

Star Member
Nov 23, 2022
Hello every one,

What did you end up doing? your reply will be highly appreciated, thank you