+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for BOWP, did not submit AOR

apriloneil

Mar 10, 2019
Hi,

I was in Canada on an IEC which expired February 2019. Prior to that, I've submitted an application for my PR December 2018 and received an "Acknowledge of Receipt - application for permanent residence" within 24 hours.
A few days before the expiration of my IEC visa, I submitted an application for a Bridging Open Work Permit.
I did everything on my own without an immigration consultant or lawyer and now I'm worried I may have not done everything correctly.
Now I'm reading up that I needed to upload my AOR as a support document along with my BOWP application - which I have NOT done so. I've already submitted my application so it's too late to upload the supporting document. Would my BOWP be rejected without the AOR and is there any way I can correct this mistake?

Since my valid work visa has already expired, I am now in Canada with an implied status. If my BOWP gets rejected, what will my status in Canada be?

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

ContactFront

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2017
Send it via web form immediately.
If your BOWP application is rejected, you might be given an option to restore your status as visitor but obviously you wouldn't be able to work any more.

apriloneil

Mar 10, 2019
Send it via web form immediately.
If your BOWP application is rejected, you might be given an option to restore your status as visitor but obviously you wouldn't be able to work any more.
Thanks for your quick response. What does it mean to send it by web form? I've already submitted my online application and could not find any options to upload additional documents. Could you provide some guidance on that? Thanks

donkykong

Jan 9, 2019
Thank you kindly!
I did exactly this, it was accepted and I received my BOWP without a problem. It’s a little unforgiving that IRCC outright rejects applications that don’t have the AOR attached, considering there is no space to upload it on the application.

Becikl007

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
I did exactly this, it was accepted and I received my BOWP without a problem. It’s a little unforgiving that IRCC outright rejects applications that don’t have the AOR attached, considering there is no space to upload it on the application.
Off course there is space to upload it with the application. I did it no problem.

Anubhav97

Star Member
Oct 13, 2018
Did you upload the aor after you submitted the application for BOWP ??

donkykong

Jan 9, 2019
Yeah, I actually added the AOR about 2 months after I submitted my BOWP and my application got approved a few days later

Reactions: jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi is compulsory to attach previous work permit copy with the BOWP apllapplica. ??
Yes....

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

"Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of receipt - Application for permanent residence letter with their open work permit application."

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Supporting documents
When you submit your work permit application, include the supporting documents listed in your document checklist and add a copy of your Acknowledgment of Receipt letter.