+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applied for a study permit, received medical request after a month and a half of

Mb_92

Nov 18, 2017
Hello bro and sis
Am new in this forum although I do follow up with the forum discussion I just register today on this forum, please dear bro and sis help me out am kind of really worried
I reapplied for study permit last month October 19 and I did upfront medical I track my application on 15 of this month it was written that my process pasport has been dispatched from the Canadian visa office on 15 dat same day to the Canadian visa application and am really worried because it seems to be very fast and am yet to received any email regarding it yet from CIC cos I had people got approval mail and I asked my agent she said what she kw is dat they will sent me an email that my pp is ready for collection to pick up and there is usually an attachedment to dat email that's wen I will be able to kw if I got tit or not and a frd told me dat since I did upfront Michal I might not kw the outcome until I pick up my pp that it might have my visa on it pleas bro and sis am kind of worried that's am here asking God bless thanks for time

Aug 1, 2018
Please i apply for study permits and i did upfront medicals and the doctor called me after one month to tell me that i did't do chest x -ray and the problem now is that am not in the country again

aanu2202

May 28, 2018
Hi everyone,
I am going through a similar situation wherein I received the message ' You have passed the medical exam' on 8th August. I had applied for the Visa on 17th May and it was stuck because of the medical issue. So, when you did you guys receive your visa? My program starts on 27th August and I am very anxious.
Thanks!

aanu2202

May 28, 2018
I have made two case processing enquiries while I have been waiting. One was before medical on Jul 18th and the second was this month on August 08th. None of those enquiries were replied, I am getting really panicky and antsy. Made my life really restless these days. Don't even understand what to do? How long could they possibly take after medicals ans if background checks is what they're doing how come it took them so long to send a medical request and start a background check now.
Someone please guide...

Hi wollyking,
I am going through a similar situation wherein I received the message ' You have passed the medical exam' on 8th August. I had applied for the Visa on 17th May and it was stuck because of the medical issue. So, when you did you guys receive your visa? My program starts on 27th August and I am very anxious.
Thanks!

Reactions: FMAS

FMAS

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hey fcabrales,
By the look of whatever amount of research I have done so far, the background checks begin right after passing the medicals. I believe those background are supposed to last between 2 and 4 weeks... so the earliest we might hear is by next weekend and latest by beginning September.

I applied on 18th April, asked for medical on 23rd June....there has been silence since than....my program starts on 27th Aug

Any

FMAS

Star Member
Jul 26, 2018
Hey fcabrales,
By the look of whatever amount of research I have done so far, the background checks begin right after passing the medicals. I believe those background are supposed to last between 2 and 4 weeks... so the earliest we might hear is by next weekend and latest by beginning September.

I applied on 18th April, asked for medical on 23rd June....there has been silence since than....my program starts on 27th Aug

Any advices? Uni has No Deferral policy so that option is out of list

Jagzdhalial

May 1, 2018
i was applied my study visa on 21 july
After dat 13 th august i received e mail from vfs they need further tests of my heart .. at 19 th august i done my re medical so just i want to know they getting me visa if my medical report is okk or they check all documents after see medical report is ok or not ??

T4YO

Aug 3, 2018
I have made two case processing enquiries while I have been waiting. One was before medical on Jul 18th and the second was this month on August 08th. None of those enquiries were replied, I am getting really panicky and antsy. Made my life really restless these days. Don't even understand what to do? How long could they possibly take after medicals ans if background checks is what they're doing how come it took them so long to send a medical request and start a background check now.
Someone please guide...
Did you get the visa?

Chenna_g

Star Member
Mar 25, 2018
Thats good news. This means the Visa officer is satisfied with your application. The next step are the background checks. If you haven't given any fraudulent documents, or lied in your application or had a criminal history, your chances of approval are very high.
I submitted to bangalore vfs Aug 1st. My medical got updated last week. Aug 23rd. I did upfront medicals. Is that still good news and when shall I expect the approval?

R@kesh

Sep 14, 2018
Hi,

I have got a chance to take admission in one of the Canadian university. The class will start by 7th Jan'2019. I am done with all the paper works required for the Visa application. ( College offer letter, College fee receipt, Gic account, and etcetera). Ten days back, i have gone through my medical fitness test and here starts the issue. I had a history of Tuberculosis and Medical immigration department has reverted back with further medical information is required.

So, my question is can I apply my student visa with my current Medical report as further medical test is on process or else i have to wait till i got clearance from medical immigration department.

Dear, sir/mam further medical test requirement needs to have a X-ray look of my chest after 3 months which is on 1st December'2018 and my class will start by 7th January. Kindly let me know, what to do in current scenario. As per my knowledge, student visa in Canada takes more than 1 month.

qasim95

Star Member
Dec 11, 2017
Pakistan
App. Filed.......
26 October 2018
Med's Request
14th November 2018
Med's Done....
19th November 2018
Passport Req..
16 December 2018
hi,
I have applied for study permit online on 8th september , done with biometrics on 10th September .

After that the status shows " we are processing background check ......................."

is it normal to get background check started just after biometerics ?anyone else encountered it ?

Dipsonbaba

Feb 6, 2019
Please ,does it mean if by 45 days after application and you're not notified to go for medicals, the hope is dashed to expect a good news?

ellis77

Nov 27, 2019
i applied for study permit through an agent ,they applied it paperbased ,i got a letter requesting me for a medical test from the embassy ,
i passed the medical test and the clinic sent it to the immigration office 26th of nov.the following day 27th i already received a letter that a decision was already made ,is it a possibility that its already approved?because after they recieved the result a decision was made right away