+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

APPLICATIONS TO U OF MANITOBA FOR FALL 2015

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
mine is reading " complete. under review in department....but am yet to get a supervisor. did u get any?

i did for civil eng

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
Applied for MS in computer science ( Course work) in U of Manitoba . So no supervisor is necessary (info from website - only for thesis it is mandatory).

My application status is COMPLETE. UNDER REVIEW IN DEPARTMENT. :). Waiting. Fingers crossed...

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
AHYO said:
BUT I THINK IF ONE CAN GET, THE BETTER CHANCES FOR GETTING ACCEPTED
@ AHYO : When did you submit your application??? Which course ve u applied for? did u secure a supervisor????

shubzy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
14-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-07-2019
AHYO said:
HELLO HOUSE, WHO APPLIED TO MANITOBA FOR MASTERS...I DID
hi
got accepted for summer 2015 intake, MSc Pharmacology and Therapeutics

kartz

Jun 25, 2014
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Can someone here detail on the requirements for the masters at manitoba? I am planning to apply for the Masters in mechanical engineering. I have 60% in my bachelors degree, on the university website it says 70%, B Grade is the cutoff. Can you guys tell me how i can convert my indian score to compare with the canadian requirements?

Thanks!

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
There is a link to calculate your GPA in university of manitoba site. There is a sample explained for indian GPA. Go through it and calculate.

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
LJ2CAN said:
@ AHYO : When did you submit your application??? Which course ve u applied for? did u secure a supervisor????
Am yet to get one.submitted Jan, i applied for M.eng civil engr, environmental section. still trying to passuade one prof am on to, to accept me. but she is leavin for sabatical soon...though i kept her as proposed supervisor, and would cont.n disturbing her. she fixed me another date we can talk, what about u.

LJ2CAN

Jan 21, 2015
AHYO said:
Am yet to get one.submitted Jan, i applied for M.eng civil engr, environmental section. still trying to passuade one prof am on to, to accept me. but she is leavin for sabatical soon...though i kept her as proposed supervisor, and would cont.n disturbing her. she fixed me another date we can talk, what about u.

Am yet to get one. I never wrote for one. Will be writing this weekend. R they approachable??? I am worried lil bit..

Wats ur CGPA???? any work experience??? will it count... ???

shubzy

Star Member
Mar 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Edmonton
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-03-2019
AOR Received.
14-03-2019
Passport Req..
19-07-2019
hi... did any of you got acceptance letter?

i have one condition in my LOA.. they want my mark sheet copies which are certified by either Registrar or Controller of Examination... but the problem is, at University of Mumbai... we dont get documents attested by registrar or COE.. rather, there is a whole different department for transcript issuance for "higher education in abroad" purpose. and U of Manitoba ppl are not accepting transcripts certified and sent by that department...
i dont know what to do...!!
it took me almost 3 months to get my transcript sent.. just to to be said that they are not acceptable!! what a mess!!

i've been accepted for May intake.. dont have anymore time to waste..

AHYO

Jan 17, 2015
:(

:(
WAS NOT ACCEPTED FOR ADMISSION AT MANITOBA..........LEFT WITH REGINA

"MSG"
I am writing regarding your application for admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies at the University of Manitoba. Every term the Faculty of Graduate Studies receives far more applications than there are positions available. Admission to the Faculty of Graduate Studies is, therefore, competitively driven and acceptance depends on the number of positions available and the pool of applicants. Your application for admission to a graduate program in Civil Engineering for Fall 2015 was carefully considered but I regret to inform you that your application was not successful. Please note that given the large number of applicants and the limited number of positions available, even if you have met the minimum Faculty requirements, our inability to consider your application further at this time is not necessarily a reflection on you as a candidate for graduate level studies.

In closing, I would like to express my sincere thanks for your interest in the University of Manitoba. As the oldest University in Western Canada, we take pride in our laurels, our high standards, our internationally recognized graduate programs, and the quality of service to our students and faculty.

On behalf of all of us in the Faculty of Graduate Studies, I wish you every success in your future endeavors and wish you all the best.

Yours sincerely,

John Doering, Ph.D., P.Eng., FCSCE, FEC
Vice-Provost (Graduate Education)
& Dean of Graduate Studies

cc: Civil Engineering

Print

canadabound2015

Star Member
Aug 2, 2014
Africa
Category........
Visa Office......
Africa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
06-05-2015
Interview........
N/A
I also applied...Still showing ..Under Review in Dept. Reading this makes me scared!