+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Hi you all,
My file moved to pretoria on 02 December 2019 after medical examination but till date, no news.
I need to take a decision and btw...im a Quebec Skilled Worker Category
can anyone of you advise me when they will request passport since im hitting the processing time in April 2020
Thanks a lot

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Hi you all,
My file moved to pretoria on 02 December 2019 after medical examination but till date, no news.
I need to take a decision and btw...im a Quebec Skilled Worker Category
can anyone of you advise me when they will request passport since im hitting the processing time in April 2020
Thanks a lot
Hello, have you heard anything fromPretoria regarding your case?

Reactions: NAZ1978

JUNIORSTAR

Mar 13, 2019
This could be base on your own assumptions there is no way IRCC will stop issuing permanent resident as a result of Corona virus if that the case they may as well cancel all flight leaving in and out of Canada because the Corona virus does not only comes from Permanent resident holders as we speak people are flying in and out of Canada so what will you say about flight that leaving China every day as in the Case of Cathy pacific airlines and also that it will be communicated on their website that they are suspending permanent resident issuing as a result of XYZ

Reactions: Diamond David

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
This could be base on your own assumptions there is no way IRCC will stop issuing permanent resident as a result of Corona virus if that the case they may as well cancel all flight leaving in and out of Canada because the Corona virus does not only comes from Permanent resident holders as we speak people are flying in and out of Canada so what will you say about flight that leaving China every day as in the Case of Cathy pacific airlines and also that it will be communicated on their website that they are suspending permanent resident issuing as a result of XYZ
Wow.....i hope so since im hitting processing time by the end of April

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Anyone have any updates? I still haven’t received any new information or even the request for medical yet from Pretoria. I know some people waited 5 months for a request for medical. I’m just hoping to hear some good news, from someone :)

Last edited:

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Visa Offices, outside Canada, will be relunctant to issue PR, in our own best interest...for the sake of our health....believe me ...these are not assumptions. Im hitting processing time next month and for the best or the worst, i will beg for my PR from the Pretoria embassy and rushed to Canada.....its not Coronavirus that will decide my fate!!!

Diamond David

Jan 25, 2020
Application Received - March 6
AOR1 - April 6
SA - April 18
Transfer to Pretoria - April 29
AOR2 - May 3
BR - June 4
MR - August 6
Pre-arrival services email - September 11
Additional documents request - September 27
DM: March 13
Congratulations Brown_Sugar!!! Amazing news. Thanks for the update!

Reactions: Brown_Sugar

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Application Received - March 6
AOR1 - April 6
SA - April 18
Transfer to Pretoria - April 29
AOR2 - May 3
BR - June 4
MR - August 6
Pre-arrival services email - September 11
Additional documents request - September 27
DM: March 13
Wow....almost 1 year after your file transferred to Pretoria

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
Wow....almost 1 year after your file transferred to Pretoria
Yes, unfortunately our file was sent for security screening at the end of September. For cases that don't require a comprehensive security screening, Pretoria is pretty quick compared to other visa offices.