+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
We had requested for notes in July and they had not done the background check,not even sure how long that takes or what it entails
I really have a hard time understanding why they don't start background checks earlier in the process. Like once they've done a preliminary review of eligibility, they should start the background check. If upon reviewing it's very obvious that they don't meet eligibility, then it's reasonable to delay the background check. Just my two cents.

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
lol i dont know. we also have a previous marriage situation so we're also a bit tentative
No previous marriage for us, but we're also expecting possible delays lol. My husband's country of origin is notorious for taking ages when it comes to criminal/security checks. It took about 4 months to get a police certificate that they claim will take a few weeks o_O

Reactions: Vaughan

Vaughan

Apr 2, 2019
The waiting is horrible but the idea of us being together with our loved ones in Canada is so exciting that it will make the wait seem worth every minute :)

Reactions: Brown_Sugar

Brown_Sugar

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
The waiting is horrible but the idea of us being together with our loved ones in Canada is so exciting that it will make the wait seem worth every minute :)
Indeed. It's crazy to think how much time has already passed. Just a little more to go and we'll have forgotten all about the agonizing wait.

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019
Hello everyone -has anybody here received any communication from Pretoria recently-we have just passed the one year mark and still no word.

Patnyn86

Aug 28, 2018
Johannesburg
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Hello everyone -has anybody here received any communication from Pretoria recently-we have just passed the one year mark and still no word.
Hi, i have also passed the one year mark 24th August. I received a communication from Pretoria on the 13th August requesting a new police clearance and proof of communication between me and my wife from January 2019 to today.

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019
Hi, i have also passed the one year mark 24th August. I received a communication from Pretoria on the 13th August requesting a new police clearance and proof of communication between me and my wife from January 2019 to today.
Oh thats crazy -are there any children involved in your application and is there a previous marriage situation?

Vaughan

Apr 2, 2019
Hi. May I ask if you submitted your biometrics before or after file transfer to Pretoria? When did you receive the medical request?

mboxkasemu

Apr 8, 2019
Hi. May I ask if you submitted your biometrics before or after file transfer to Pretoria? When did you receive the medical request?
We got the bio medical request a day after the S.A(sponsorship approval) and in the same month the file was transferred to Pretoria.This was Jan.We received the medical request on the 27th of Feb

Vaughan

Apr 2, 2019
We got the bio medical request a day after the S.A(sponsorship approval) and in the same month the file was transferred to Pretoria.This was Jan.We received the medical request on the 27th of Feb
I sympathize with you. It must be difficult having waited so long. Stay positive, it has to be close now