October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
monkeydluffy said:
i agree perfect as i say i am currently in correspondence with my lawyer and i will inform you guys what happened as soon as i know.i am very frustrated as i was advised that if you make inquiries in some cases they will put you at the bottom of the pile.
Im frustrated for you too, this immigration stuff is soo contagious. Good luck with everything we are right behind you. Its going to be okay... ;)

Pharoh

Oct 5, 2010
41° 59' N, 87° 54' W
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/11/10
Doc's Request.
WAIVED
AOR Received.
28/01/11
Med's Request
Med's Received
Med's Done....
02/10/10
Interview........
WAIVED
Hey guys,

I hope you don't mind me asking this. I didn't know where Pretoria was, so I looked it up. I've always wanted to go to South Africa, so that at the very least, I can say I have visited the continent!

What's it like over there, anyways? I've been to Europe and live in the U.S. and have obviously been to Canada. What are some of the similarities and striking differences? Do people venture outside of South Africa, into other African nations? I've heard many of them are extremely dangerous...

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
@ Monkey

I'm sure we don't have all the information but the facts you've given us would make me seriously question your lawyer. Your application WILL NOT be put at the bottom of the people for making a reasonable enquiry. (anything that is beyong the normal timeline is completely reasonable). I know of three of us who have applications processing in Pretoria submited AFTER yours and all of us have received further communication from Pretoria... I believe I waited the longest with the second letter coming almost two months after the first.

I know you're paying good money to a lawyer to help you through this process but I'm just saying that ultimately it's not his/her life on the line so in the end it is up to you to make sure things are as they should be. There are plenty of horror stories out there about crappy lawyers.

What does your ECAS status say?? Seriously, I would say at this point you really need to do some digging yourself and not just trust what your lawyer is saying... unless, as I said, there's a key peice of information that you haven't told us to explain the year and a half silence.

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
@ Waitngz...I found the link below on another thread and thought it would be useful to track what stages our applications are. We are in the final stages..well close enough. Its such a reliever though just looking back where we've come. But then again the final stage could take the longest lool.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/3900Eprocess.pdf

@Monkey..I would send in a case specific enquiry, your lawyer failed to get useful info for you for the past year and a half, I would not trust him very much. IT doesn't really matter whether you inquire or the lawyer does..at this point I would be desperate for some news..any news!!! Ive also heard my fair share of lawyer horrific stories on this thread. Good luck!!

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Hi everyone!

So I went to the Police department here in Monterey California to get my fingerprints done for yet another SA Police check. Didnt get anywhere!! UGH!!!!
SA police said to just get a form at the local police department and have my prints done and send it to them in SA.Local police here told me to get a form from SA police sent here to get the prints! So now what? I guess wait a few weeks for them to eventualy send me a form?
Are there any finger print forms I can download or something?

Hope you are all well!!

We might find out about our sponsorship approval soon!!!! Cant wait!

monkeydluffy

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2009
as i have said b4 the processing times on canadian cic website changed very recently and i was still below the 80% time frame as it used to be 25 months.just figured i would say.i have just for the last few days been trying to see if the lawyer actually is worth even a little of what i payed him but yes if he does nothing i absolutely will.i am not sitting on my hands.i was trying to be patient and keep busy as the time frame used to be massively long.i just found out they had atleast sent one more letter 20th, October ,2009 , receipt of the right of permanent Residence,i think it was the fee that i had already payed.i will keep you guys posted.

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
@Perfect - thanks for that. Looks like you cruised right through to the medical check so that's great! I'm hoping since we've been told our interview is waived and been asked for the Police Check that means we're at that stage as well. At least I feel like this last part is the least subjective so if we know all the background and medical is clear then there should be no reason for a rejection.

@Jacque - we had a bunch of that back and forth with the Zim check. For SA we did just get the finger printing down at the local police station. The only thing I can think of is maybe bring in the document where it says to use the local fingerprinting form in with you when you go again. Our clearance *should* be ready to collect in the next few days. CAN'T WAIT!!!

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
The saga of the SA Police Clearance continues...

Last week we called them again and told them that the first clearance they allegedly sent never arrived and anyway, we need one with a new date on it because it's been so long since we requested it (JULY!!!) that it's already expired by now. They say okay, it will take a few days and to call Monday to confirm it's ready for a courier to collect (not taking chances with mail any more).

SO we call yesterday and the lady we spoke to before isn't there. Now the system says that the letter was mailed to us last Thursday! No longer any record of a first one that they supposedly send us and no way to find out whether they actually reissued it with the new date or not.

Stuck waiting AGAIN to see if it shows up and, if it does, what date is on the damn thing. SO fed up. This has now caused us 7 weeks delay already!!!

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Oh my gosh Waitingz that is soo ridiculous. This keeps going round in circles..oh bouy! My heart and fingerz are crossed for you..they better have sent it this time around!!! :-*

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Holy Sh#t Waitings!! Jeez we all feel your pain and frustration!
Just think, when eventualy you have your pr you wouldnt have to deal with the incompetence any more!

I am trying to get my police clearence sorted out too, hopefuly I will have luck on my side!

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
Quick update:

FINALLY received the SA police clearance on Friday! My partner's sister very efficiently sent it right on to immigration except that she did it before telling us it had arrived so didn't have a chance to ask her to check the date on it! So, we don't know if it's expired or not but I'm hoping for the best and thinking that as we aren't in SA hopefully if it's a little past the date they won't make a fuss about it (wishful thinking right??)

Anyway, I guess that means all our documents are submitted and now we go back to waiting. Hoping for a really great Christmas present from immigration!

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
Yaaaay, thats a good start to the week. PPR would be the ideal next best thing right about now. Im still waiting, haven't heard anything from them yet. I saw some post the other day someone was saying they have been waiting for the past 13 months, so I kinda braced myself to wait that long least I get really depressed. The struggle continues...

jacquevw

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Wooohhpooooooo!

I finaly got a "decision made" on ecas!!!! they sent the letter out on the 18th so we should get it soon!

Waiting im glad you finaly got your clearence!!

SA Police emailed me a fingerprint form and said that I can just scan it with my prints and email it them with a copy of my passport! Seems quite simple,but I guess I willl just have to wait and see if I get it in time!

Hope you are all well!!

waitingintz

Jul 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2010
Doc's Request.
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
28-09-2010
File Transfer...
24-08-2010
Med's Done....
22-06-2010
Interview........
waived!!
Passport Req..
16-02-2011
VISA ISSUED...
22/02/2011
LANDED..........
19-5-2011 (hopefully!)
Congrats Jacque! On to the next stage!

Perfect - I am definitely NOT prepared for 13 months! I just can't imagine that the background check would take so long. I started processing Aug 31 so we're at around 3 months now... if we hit 6 months and I haven't heard anything I'm going to start to panic. Probably by mid-January I would order my CAIPS notes if I haven't heard anything further. We're pretty much locked into our dates at this point so I have no idea what we would do if we don't hear back in time!! Scary...!

monkeydluffy

Nov 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-04-2009
File Transfer...
26-03-2009
so here is a fun fact even though i started processing from in canada here is what i received back from pretoria.we have scheduled a interview for you on 15 March 2011 in pretoria.so yeah i will keep you guys informed.