+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications processed in Pretoria

1Wayne1

Sep 26, 2015
Acecube said:
I've ordered it thrice. You can see if they have started it. In mine they have stated that our relationship is genuine and it was passed.
That's interesting..I just looked at the file they sent. It is 15 pages ,with 1 column on the left side of the pages which consists of codes...there are a few comments here and there regarding fees paid --it does state the following...Family Class Sponsorship - PASSED and it states I've been approved as a sponsor. Makes no reference to our relationship . Like I said, It's 15 pages of codes in 1 long column. It is dated June,2015..maybe I'll order another one.

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
IP March 2015, PPR Sep 2015
Zaara0804 said:
Hello Acecube,

My husband has deposited the passport with the agent and they despatched it this morning.

I went online and checked the application status. It still shows 'in Process' and there is still no mention of medicals received.

Yeah it is normal. After I submitted mine, it was still in process. When they will despatch it to your attention, ecas will change to decision made. Don't be stressed and the wait is almost over for you.

I got my passport after a week. When do you expect to travel??

Is this normal?

Zaara0804

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-15
AOR Received.
29-06-15
File Transfer...
31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
30-09-15. Received passport with visa 19-11-15
Oh thanks! I was worried about the online status :)

Lets hope we get back the passport by end of next week.

My husband is planning to join me in the first week of November.. Any idea where we can get cheap tickets to Montreal (2 way ticket since he will go back after 3 months)

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Zaara0804 said:
Oh thanks! I was worried about the online status :)

Lets hope we get back the passport by end of next week.

My husband is planning to join me in the first week of November.. Any idea where we can get cheap tickets to Montreal (2 way ticket since he will go back after 3 months)
I am going through Atom. You can get a quote from them or any travel agency.

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
1Wayne1 said:
BTW, sorry to hear its been so long for you too. Its as if we are being punished for something !
Yeah, I think my son has suffered. After maternity leave I sent him to be with my aunt in the Caribbean when I started a new job, after six months he returned and then my husband convinced me to send my son to him in Zambia since he wasn't working and now he's back and my son spends 3 nights a week at a great caretakers in London, Ont while I wait for a daycare spot in Hamilton where I work.

He's not acting right since this last move - I have to take him to a therapist. If you ask him where daddy is he just shakes his head and says, 'i dunno' and when my husband tries to talk to him via phone he gets angry at him- he thinks his dad left him. When he really upset he hurts himself or me - trying to share him just messed him up worse than if he never knew his father.....

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
basketballfan said:
Yeah, I think my son has suffered. After maternity leave I sent him to be with my aunt in the Caribbean when I started a new job, after six months he returned and then my husband convinced me to send my son to him in Zambia since he wasn't working and now he's back and my son spends 3 nights a week at a great caretakers in London, Ont while I wait for a daycare spot in Hamilton where I work.

He's not acting right since this last move - I have to take him to a therapist. If you ask him where daddy is he just shakes his head and says, 'i dunno' and when my husband tries to talk to him via phone he gets angry at him- he thinks his dad left him. When he really upset he hurts himself or me - trying to share him just messed him up worse than if he never knew his father.....
Hi Basketballfan.

Sorry to hear that. The immigration doesn't care how many families get affected by the long wait. I pray to God that you hear from thenm real soon and your family is reunited.

Did they acknowledge receipt of your medicals??

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
1Wayne1 said:
That's interesting..I just looked at the file they sent. It is 15 pages ,with 1 column on the left side of the pages which consists of codes...there are a few comments here and there regarding fees paid --it does state the following...Family Class Sponsorship - PASSED and it states I've been approved as a sponsor. Makes no reference to our relationship . Like I said, It's 15 pages of codes in 1 long column. It is dated June,2015..maybe I'll order another one.
Hi Wayne

I've just gone through my last set of notes and you should get all the necessary details on the second and third page in respect of the principal applicant. Meaning if they have already assessed eligibility. medical and if they have started criminal and security check.

If they have reviewed your application, there should also be notes they have written about your relationship.

basketballfan

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
SW Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2014
AOR Received.
Feb 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
August 2013 ; September 2015
Passport Req..
November 2015
No, they haven't acknowledged receipt of medicals. My husband went back to request the tracking sheet from the panel physician but they refused to give it to him so we are hoping this doesn't affect us - I emailed them about this. Also thanks for the encouragement...

On another note, did you guys hear about this case (see link)? It was on CBC radio this morning. South African child denied visa. Apparently, " Canadian officials in Pretoria gave her the wrong advice — telling her to apply for a visitor visa "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/bad-advice-family-stranded-south-africa-1.3261972

abddayo

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 28-07-2015 AOR2 08-09-2015
File Transfer...
30-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
Any updates here?

Zaara0804

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-15
AOR Received.
29-06-15
File Transfer...
31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
abddayo said:
Any updates here?
No updates for me :(

Today is exactly 1 week since Pretoria received the passport.. But no visa yet.. Also today i checked the online application status, still in process..a new line has been added today ( i checked yesterday and it was not there).. Added: Medical results received..

So thats it.. Looking from past trend from mtiusbride and acecube, i thought we would be getting the visa this week but i do no think so..koz online status still in process..no decision made yet :( :(

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Zaara0804 said:
No updates for me :(

Today is exactly 1 week since Pretoria received the passport.. But no visa yet.. Also today i checked the online application status, still in process..a new line has been added today ( i checked yesterday and it was not there).. Added: Medical results received..

So thats it.. Looking from past trend from mtiusbride and acecube, i thought we would be getting the visa this week but i do no think so..koz online status still in process..no decision made yet :( :(
Hi Zaara.

You should receive it by next week and it can be tracked provided it was sent through VFS Mauritius.

As for ecas, it will change to decision made only after Pretoria has despatched your passport.

P.S I got 10 years visa with multiple entry to USA :D :D

Zaara0804

Star Member
May 23, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-15
AOR Received.
29-06-15
File Transfer...
31 07-15, AOR2 18-08-15
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
15-04-15
Passport Req..
Acecube said:
Hi Zaara.

You should receive it by next week and it can be tracked provided it was sent through VFS Mauritius.

As for ecas, it will change to decision made only after Pretoria has despatched your passport.

P.S I got 10 years visa with multiple entry to USA :D :D
Hello Acecube,

Hey congrats for the US visa :D ;D Once you are in Canada, you could now go visit the US, especially during the holidays :) they have some amazing sales deals for black Friday (bt if the crappy exchange rate, i do not know if its still worth it). Btw, was it easy to obtain the visa.. What did they ask you (questions, reasons, etc).

Yeah, i do hope i get the visa by next week. I sent it through GMS so I cannot track it :-\ I guess i should just be a bit more patient :p

Acecube

Nov 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 2014
File Transfer...
Nov 2014
Passport Req..
Zaara0804 said:
Hello Acecube,

Hey congrats for the US visa :D ;D Once you are in Canada, you could now go visit the US, especially during the holidays :) they have some amazing sales deals for black Friday (bt if the crappy exchange rate, i do not know if its still worth it). Btw, was it easy to obtain the visa.. What did they ask you (questions, reasons, etc).

Yeah, i do hope i get the visa by next week. I sent it through GMS so I cannot track it :-\ I guess i should just be a bit more patient :p
Yeah will definitely for a trip there after I get the pr card.

It was very easy. You have to apply online on their website and schedule an interview. During the interview, the person asked me what is the purpose of my visa to US. When I told him that I will be a pr in Canada, he made up his mind at that moment and asked some random questions after. The interview lasted less than five minutes and I got my passport back after two days.

MissSA108

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 AOR2-18-08-2015
File Transfer...
30-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
abddayo said:
Any updates here?
Hi abddayo
Unfortunately no update on my end.. how about u?
Will let you know if I hear anything.

MissSA108

Sep 2, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015 AOR2-18-08-2015
File Transfer...
30-07-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-04-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2015
Acecube said:
Hi Zaara.

P.S I got 10 years visa with multiple entry to USA :D
:D
Congrats Acecube :D
You should definitely go shopping there coz I heard things are way cheaper there than Canada ;)