Upfront Medical 15 December
Visa Filed 28 December
Biometrics 19 January
Category SDS
Country India
Medical not Updated
Review not started
Submission confirmation 9 Feb
I have a similar timeline and no review started yet. Got submission confirmation on 6th Feb.

Qwerty098

Jul 31, 2018
Hello! Here's my timeline.

Application submitted: December 21, 2020
Biometrics submitted: December 24, 2020
Application Status: In progress
Latest Update: Biometric Completed
Type & Country: SDS from India
No updates so far.

Since I've applied through an agent, I'm completely clueless about my application progress.
I have a couple of questions/Thoughts.

1.A lot of them have mentioned about ghost updates, in their application. Can Someone let me know, if my agents will be able to see them?
2. Reading all the threads, I'm beginning think, Taking a deferral as a good option now, Either September 2021 or Jan 2022.
3. Webforms, I understand that, Via this form we can communicate to the officials re our application status-Is that right? If So, Can we (Individual/Agent) contact them regarding the status of our study permit.

Thank you very much in Advance.

Reactions: Shaild

Daviantarch

Star Member
Feb 8, 2021
Hi,

Below is my timelines.

Non SDS DEC 2020 Applicant
Online Application
Application filed: 31/12/2020
Biometrics Request: 1/1/2021 (Received BIL)
Biometrics Submitted: 6/1/2021
Biometrics Completed: 12/1/2021
Medical Upfront Passed: 14/1/2021
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: 31/12/2020
BIL: 1/1/2021
Submission confirmation: 8/2/2021
Reviewing Eligibility Started: 10/2/2021
BVL: ????
Decision: ???
?

Planning to defer to 2022 intake due to mandatory quarantine $2000 per head.( Coming with wife and a child)

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Hello! Here's my timeline.

Application submitted: December 21, 2020
Biometrics submitted: December 24, 2020
Application Status: In progress
Latest Update: Biometric Completed
Type & Country: SDS from India
No updates so far.

Since I've applied through an agent, I'm completely clueless about my application progress.
I have a couple of questions/Thoughts.

1.A lot of them have mentioned about ghost updates, in their application. Can Someone let me know, if my agents will be able to see them?
2. Reading all the threads, I'm beginning think, Taking a deferral as a good option now, Either September 2021 or Jan 2022.
3. Webforms, I understand that, Via this form we can communicate to the officials re our application status-Is that right? If So, Can we (Individual/Agent) contact them regarding the status of our study permit.

Thank you very much in Advance.
If I was you I would ask for the login details. I would like to have control over what's going on in my application as the agents can make mistakes or miss important communications considering they deal with large no of profiles.

Ghost updates can be either a glitch or could be a VO reviewing your file or opened your application. You wont be able to tell the difference so I would take these updates with a pinch of salt.

You can send webform, however, as per IRCC guidelines asking status update will only be considered if your application has passed the set processing timelines. This method lately has been rendered useless for status updates by many applicants.

If your file is in Sept 21, should still be fine as lots of things might change considering the success of vaccination in many countries.

Reactions: Qwerty098

Qwerty098

Jul 31, 2018
If I was you I would ask for the login details. I would like to have control over what's going on in my application as the agents can make mistakes or miss important communications considering they deal with large no of profiles.

Ghost updates can be either a glitch or could be a VO reviewing your file or opened your application. You wont be able to tell the difference so I would take these updates with a pinch of salt.

You can send webform, however, as per IRCC guidelines asking status update will only be considered if your application has passed the set processing timelines. This method lately has been rendered useless for status updates by many applicants.

If your file is in Sept 21, should still be fine as lots of things might change considering the success of vaccination in many countries.
Thank you for your response. Yeah, opting an agent to process my application is turning out to be an inconvenience, especially NOW with the Pandemic.
Agent never share their credentials with their clients. Its of No use.

At least, there's a way to contact them. (Something good)

I have applied for May 2021. I'm thinking if I should take a deferral. Just 9 more weeks to May! (Where does time fly! Phew!!)

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you for your response. Yeah, opting an agent to process my application is turning out to be an inconvenience, especially NOW with the Pandemic.

At least, there's a way to contact them. (Something good)

I have applied for May 2021. I'm thinking if I should take a deferral. Just 9 more weeks to May! (Where does time fly! Phew!!)
Not entirely true. Is your agent IRCC approved ? They should share the details as I dont see why they should not.

This was the only reason I decided to do it myself. At least I can be sure that I have submitted all documents, etc as required ? Did they write your SOP as well ?

Qwerty098

Jul 31, 2018
Yes, Its an approved one. I did ask them about it, but the wouldn't share. Let me keep trying then.
Yep, Its best to do it on your own. (I made a rookie mistake 101).
Oh NO! I wrote my own SOP. would never give it to a 3rd Party!

seff786

Apr 26, 2019
Hey guys, so after narrowly missing out on converting my ITAs from 2019 and 2018, and after having waited a while with all the hope in the world, I have thrown in the towel.
I have been waiting for the home run and it has simply not materialised, so gonna do my masters now, I just got an admit at UofT for the mba program so hopefully things don’t change two years down the line. I am 29 btw so a little worried how this will pan out.

study permit status - approved; request for passport stamping and in the process of doing this

Qwerty098

Jul 31, 2018
Hey guys, so after narrowly missing out on converting my ITAs from 2019 and 2018, and after having waited a while with all the hope in the world, I have thrown in the towel.
I have been waiting for the home run and it has simply not materialised, so gonna do my masters now, I just got an admit at UofT for the mba program so hopefully things don’t change two years down the line. I am 29 btw so a little worried how this will pan out.

study permit status - approved; request for passport stamping and in the process of doing this
Glad to hear!
Please do share your time line.

Best wishes for your studies! :)

abre196

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Not entirely true. Is your agent IRCC approved ? They should share the details as I dont see why they should not.

This was the only reason I decided to do it myself. At least I can be sure that I have submitted all documents, etc as required ? Did they write your SOP as well ?
IRCC approved agents have their own separate portal and the applications for all of their clients are submitted from that one portal. This is why they can never share the login credentials with you as it could jeopardize the privacy of the rest of their clients

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
IRCC approved agents have their own separate portal and the applications for all of their clients are submitted from that one portal. This is why they can never share the login credentials with you as it could jeopardize the privacy of the rest of their clients
Is it, never heard that before. But if this is true then it makes sense. Glad I know this now so I would never approach any agents in future.

Qwerty098

Jul 31, 2018
Hi,

Below is my timelines.

Non SDS DEC 2020 Applicant
Online Application
Application filed: 31/12/2020
Biometrics Request: 1/1/2021 (Received BIL)
Biometrics Submitted: 6/1/2021
Biometrics Completed: 12/1/2021
Medical Upfront Passed: 14/1/2021
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: 31/12/2020
BIL: 1/1/2021
Submission confirmation: 8/2/2021
Reviewing Eligibility Started: 10/2/2021
BVL: ????
Decision: ???
?

Planning to defer to 2022 intake due to mandatory quarantine $2000 per head.( Coming with wife and a child)
If your visa is approved, why don't you start online classes?