+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications from the UK can anyone please help?

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
Hi there
I applied to be a sponsor for my husband back in march 2012. Beginning of July 2012 I received a letter stating that I had forgotten to sign a piece of paperwork and that indeed we had to have a medical for his 18 year old daughter that we have no relationship with. Anyway we had it done and sent all the relevant paperwork back to Mississauga at the end of August to a specific officer. I realise now I am back at the end of the queue and will now be an other 69 days or so to be approved as a sponsor from the end of August. ( this is what I have been informed by the offices in both London and Mississauga)
Now my question is.......on the website it says total application process time is 8 months at the moment for London so would it now take 8 months - 69 days? I have been in touch with London and they have said "rest assured we endeavour to have all applications processed before the medical expires"
The medical will expire the 5th jan and London have not received anything yet and I don't expect they will until mid November at the earliest. (That's working on 69 days from end of August when I sent back the medical for husbands daughter and unsigned paperwork)

Thanks for reading! Hope someone can help!

Felicity

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
It is 8 months after London receives the application. Sometimes they do not make people sending in extra requested documents wait from the beginning at Mississauga, so you might be lucky and not be waiting 69 days from August.
8 months is also the time it takes to process 80% of the applicants. This time can change. And your application might get done faster than the average, or at least faster than 8 months.

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Hey,

London may well say they endeavour to have applications done before medicals expire. That may or may not be true. They have had my application since beginning of July and my medicals run out on October 31st (2 weeks time) and I have not heard a peep from them as of yet. I almost certainly will need an extension (it is at their discretion) or I need to have a re-medical, worst thing is..... I wish they would inform me 1 way or the other so I can either have the medical or hang fire. Best of luck to you and hope your application is a speedy 1! :D

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Bumblecheck said:
Hi there
I applied to be a sponsor for my husband back in march 2012. Beginning of July 2012 I received a letter stating that I had forgotten to sign a piece of paperwork and that indeed we had to have a medical for his 18 year old daughter that we have no relationship with. Anyway we had it done and sent all the relevant paperwork back to Mississauga at the end of August to a specific officer. I realise now I am back at the end of the queue and will now be an other 69 days or so to be approved as a sponsor from the end of August. ( this is what I have been informed by the offices in both London and Mississauga)
Now my question is.......on the website it says total application process time is 8 months at the moment for London so would it now take 8 months - 69 days? I have been in touch with London and they have said "rest assured we endeavour to have all applications processed before the medical expires"
The medical will expire the 5th jan and London have not received anything yet and I don't expect they will until mid November at the earliest. (That's working on 69 days from end of August when I sent back the medical for husbands daughter and unsigned paperwork)

Thanks for reading! Hope someone can help!

Felicity
Hey Felicity,

On the positive side - normally since you already had a name for the officer etc, you are not back at the end of the queue... so your file should be approved pretty soon, in fact it's a little strange that it has not been approved as a sponsor yet - when were the additional documents received? if it was end of August, I think it's reasonable to call CIC and ask about your application, stating your initial date, as it should be done and on its way to London VO...

Good luck,
Sweden

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
R151NG5UN said:
Hey,

London may well say they endeavour to have applications done before medicals expire. That may or may not be true. They have had my application since beginning of July and my medicals run out on October 31st (2 weeks time) and I have not heard a peep from them as of yet. I almost certainly will need an extension (it is at their discretion) or I need to have a re-medical, worst thing is..... I wish they would inform me 1 way or the other so I can either have the medical or hang fire. Best of luck to you and hope your application is a speedy 1! :D
Hmmm going by yours then I will not hold hope for receiving anything before the medical expires. Thing is we have booked our tickets for 1st feb thinking surely that will be enough time! So frustrating I wish they could go into your particular case and just tell you how long! Good luck with yours! Hope you hear something soon and they give you the extension for your medical!

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
Sweden said:
Hey Felicity,

On the positive side - normally since you already had a name for the officer etc, you are not back at the end of the queue... so your file should be approved pretty soon, in fact it's a little strange that it has not been approved as a sponsor yet - when were the additional documents received? if it was end of August, I think it's reasonable to call CIC and ask about your application, stating your initial date, as it should be done and on its way to London VO...

Good luck,
Sweden

Thanks Sweden.
I keep trying to get in touch and all they say is we received file march 27th, sent back to you June 28th blah blah blah! So frustrating as we have our tickets booked for feb!
Thank you for your reply
Felicity

R151NG5UN

Jun 28, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 May 2012
AOR Received.
09 July 2012. 2nd stage AOR: 23 Oct 2012
Med's Done....
01 November 2011 (Expired)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
11/12/12
LANDED..........
12/12/12
Bumblecheck said:
Hmmm going by yours then I will not hold hope for receiving anything before the medical expires. Thing is we have booked our tickets for 1st feb thinking surely that will be enough time! So frustrating I wish they could go into your particular case and just tell you how long! Good luck with yours! Hope you hear something soon and they give you the extension for your medical!
Hey,

Hope you manage to get it all sorted well before the time you fly. I am very dissatisfied with CIC and London VO in general. I mean the lack of information and file updates is abysmal. This is a long stressful road and should I add extremely expensive, once everything is complete (application, medicals, PCC's, Photo's, stationery and any other expenses) it is the thick end of £1500 and for the service, co-operation and updates that you receive, frankly CIC should be disgusted with themselves!!!

Bumblecheck

Oct 10, 2012
Well finally after 7 months of waiting I have finally been approved as a sponsor!! Forms are on their way to London! unfortunately my husbands daughters medical has not been received at Mississauga so we have been emailed and asked to forward that onto London. Bloody nightmare! A least now I have a name and a personal email address to contact someone! Hopefully now it won't take too long!?????

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
Bumblecheck said:
Well finally after 7 months of waiting I have finally been approved as a sponsor!! Forms are on their way to London! unfortunately my husbands daughters medical has not been received at Mississauga so we have been emailed and asked to forward that onto London. Bloody nightmare! A least now I have a name and a personal email address to contact someone! Hopefully now it won't take too long!?????
Well congratulations on your approval as a sponsor, that's great to hear! and welcome to London VO - it's been a rather frustrating one for the last few weeks, but feel free to join the thread (and add yourself on the spreadsheet, you'll find the link in my signature and it's open for all) http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/thread-for-outland-london-uk-applications-t49436.5955.html

I think the medicals should go straight to London so that's maybe why they have not received it in Mississauga... Just to warm you in advance, London is not very good at answering queries and questions, so if you don't hear back from them - don't take it personally, it's definitely not!

Good luck with stage 2,
Sweden