+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications Conflict - Declaration of Commitment.

Michal

Jun 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
IELTS Request
Never
Med's Done....
July 2015
Passport Req..
04-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-12-2015
Hi there,

I got an ITA back in July, submitted application Aug. 21st, on Aug. 24th my application was cancelled "by CIC mistake". I sent 3 CSEs and am still waiting for the reply. In the meantime, my wife received ITA from New Brunswick to apply for Provincial Nomination. We thought it is a good idea to use this opportunity and apply while we wait for a reply to my CSEs and (hopefully) reopening my application - just in case, as in 3 months I will have my next birthday and loose points for any future ITA.

So we started filling out the documents for NB. One of the forms is the "Declaration of Commitment" - I copied the text of the declaration below. If we send all the forms to NB (that have to be signed both by my wife and me) we will in fact have one application (mine) without any strings attached (meaning PNP) and one application where we both declare that we want to reside in NB.

The declaration is worded in a way, that even before my wife is even accepted and nominated, we already have to declare commitment. The thing is that if I get my application reopened I will not want to take the advantage of the provincial nomination, but my signed declaration to reside in NB will still be in force... I don't know if I am clear about the issue here. We wanted to have the PNP "just in case", but I do not want it to stand in my way of residing freely in any province in case my application is reopened.

What do you think?

"I declare that if my application is approved by the Government of New Brunswick under the terms of the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, I make a commitment to reside in New Brunswick with my dependent family members and to work or operate a business in New Brunswick and assume an active role in that business. I understand that if my application is approved, I will be nominated by the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program for permanent resident status, as well as the family members accompanying me.
I am aware of the fact that, following this New Brunswick nomination, any visa which may be issued to me
and my dependents by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on the basis of my nominee status, will identify New Brunswick as my/our province of destination and settlement."

caththisking

Nov 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
23-04-2015
Med's Done....
20-04-2015
Passport Req..
18-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-09-2015
LANDED..........
Planning in DEC 2015
Michal said:
Hi there,

I got an ITA back in July, submitted application Aug. 21st, on Aug. 24th my application was cancelled "by CIC mistake". I sent 3 CSEs and am still waiting for the reply. In the meantime, my wife received ITA from New Brunswick to apply for Provincial Nomination. We thought it is a good idea to use this opportunity and apply while we wait for a reply to my CSEs and (hopefully) reopening my application - just in case, as in 3 months I will have my next birthday and loose points for any future ITA.

So we started filling out the documents for NB. One of the forms is the "Declaration of Commitment" - I copied the text of the declaration below. If we send all the forms to NB (that have to be signed both by my wife and me) we will in fact have one application (mine) without any strings attached (meaning PNP) and one application where we both declare that we want to reside in NB.

The declaration is worded in a way, that even before my wife is even accepted and nominated, we already have to declare commitment. The thing is that if I get my application reopened I will not want to take the advantage of the provincial nomination, but my signed declaration to reside in NB will still be in force... I don't know if I am clear about the issue here. We wanted to have the PNP "just in case", but I do not want it to stand in my way of residing freely in any province in case my application is reopened.

What do you think?

"I declare that if my application is approved by the Government of New Brunswick under the terms of the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program, I make a commitment to reside in New Brunswick with my dependent family members and to work or operate a business in New Brunswick and assume an active role in that business. I understand that if my application is approved, I will be nominated by the New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program for permanent resident status, as well as the family members accompanying me.
I am aware of the fact that, following this New Brunswick nomination, any visa which may be issued to me
and my dependents by Citizenship and Immigration Canada on the basis of my nominee status, will identify New Brunswick as my/our province of destination and settlement."
Personally I would say go ahead with the commitment and we can always reject back later. Our plans are not fixed and it will definitely have changes. If you reject between and do not use the VISA then looks like it wont be issue but once they offered you PR and everything is done then you might have some problems. Again decision is your sole discretion.