Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Cappuccino said:
House selling is terrible. We've had to drop the price from £137,950 to £129,950 (now fully £15,000 less than we paid for it!) just to get our first proper viewing. We've also offered to include the white goods in the kitchen (since we won't need them) and pay the stamp duty on the sale.
Hoping we can at least have an offer in place by the time we land at the end of August. But just so damn annoying, last year our house was valued £140,000 to £145,000!! The reason we didn't sell then was because we had 1 year left to run on our fixed rate mortgage and didn't want to pay the £5,000 penalty - but now that mortgage provider (Northern Rock) is writing to customers saying they are waiving the penalty for early redemption. Why couldn't they do that last year??? Thankfully we have saved up our settlement funds separately to our house equity, so we have enough bank funds to land anyway, but the equity loss is very annoying. Ah well, it's only money ;) Once we get to Canada rent will be cheap so we can save up for a decent house deposit over a few years.
Wayne.
Well Wayne, I can tell you one thing after having 18 years of experience in Construction Industry and experience of three booms and two busts - A value of house is what someone is ready to pay for it. So if someone has given you an offer even if it is below your expectation or you have to take a hit, i suggest you signing up with the first guy who gives you an offer. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush and so on.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I do not think so.

Last year I traveled back to India through UK airport, no transit visa required if you have connecting flights. If you wish to go inside UK or may be travelling by road from one airport to another as London has 3 airports you may need the visa.

Better check with your agent and airline

kolhapuri said:
Indira,

For Indian Passports travelling thru London, you will require a Airport Transit Visa for UK. This is as expensive and tedious as a normal visit visa to UK. If you have the visa then its alright. If not, I suggest going via Amsterdam or Frankfurt which do not require transit visas the last time i checked.

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Cappuccino said:
House selling is terrible. We've had to drop the price from £137,950 to £129,950 (now fully £15,000 less than we paid for it!) just to get our first proper viewing. We've also offered to include the white goods in the kitchen (since we won't need them) and pay the stamp duty on the sale.

Hoping we can at least have an offer in place by the time we land at the end of August. But just so damn annoying, last year our house was valued £140,000 to £145,000!! The reason we didn't sell then was because we had 1 year left to run on our fixed rate mortgage and didn't want to pay the £5,000 penalty - but now that mortgage provider (Northern Rock) is writing to customers saying they are waiving the penalty for early redemption. Why couldn't they do that last year???

Thankfully we have saved up our settlement funds separately to our house equity, so we have enough bank funds to land anyway, but the equity loss is very annoying.

Ah well, it's only money ;) Once we get to Canada rent will be cheap so we can save up for a decent house deposit over a few years.

Wayne.
Tell me about it...
I'm selling an apartment but in our case, our apartment IS our proof of funds :(

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
kolhapuri said:
Indira,
For Indian Passports travelling thru London, you will require a Airport Transit Visa for UK. This is as expensive and tedious as a normal visit visa to UK. If you have the visa then its alright. If not, I suggest going via Amsterdam or Frankfurt which do not require transit visas the last time i checked.
Oops ::), I did book the tickets directly from BA 8). I'll try to contact the BA office here and confirm this. We will not leave the airport in UK as it is just a 4 hours wait for us :). Thanks for the heads up :).

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

magdy580

Star Member
Sep 25, 2010
Cairo, Egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-09-2010
AOR Received.
31-01-2011 / 31-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Med's Request
02-04-2011
Med's Done....
06-04-2011 / 28-06-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-8-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-9-2011
LANDED..........
3rd of November 2011
Hello guys,

A question that came thru my mind ...

If I got a PR VISA to Canada and I landed just before it expires ... Shall I be able to go back to my country, spend extra time and then after a year or something I move to Canada permenantly ? & If yes, how much time can I spend outside Canada continuously after a temporary landing ?

Magdy

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
magdy580 said:
Hello guys,

A question that came thru my mind ...

If I got a PR VISA to Canada and I landed just before it expires ... Shall I be able to go back to my country, spend extra time and then after a year or something I move to Canada permenantly ? & If yes, how much time can I spend outside Canada continuously after a temporary landing ?

Magdy
As long as you land before your visa expires (1 year from the date of your medicals) then you can return to your home country for up to 3 years. This is because after landing, your permanent residency status is renewable every 5 years. In order to renew it, you must have been living in Canada for 2 years (730 days) during that period. That doesn't have to be continuous - just 730 full days. So in theory you could land, go back to your home country for 3 years, come back to Canada for 2 years and renew your residency.

Wayne.

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
I have a question about landing and proof of funds.
On CIC site i found this:
You must present the following documents upon your arrival:

Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada. You can find more information under Proof of funds in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

in my case, the proof of funds that i've submitted with an application to COI, was the proof of ownership of our apartment and recent evaluation of apartment. I'm selling apartment now. What documents may i show as a proof of funds in the port of entry to Canada? What if i just have it in cash with me - do i have to show some additional documents to prove that those are my money?

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
indira_prab said:
Oops ::), I did book the tickets directly from BA 8). I'll try to contact the BA office here and confirm this. We will not leave the airport in UK as it is just a 4 hours wait for us :). Thanks for the heads up :).
Thanks,Indira Prabhakaran.
No harm in checking, i may be wrong and for Canada it is different. When i came from Singapore to Dublin, i had my flight booked via UK and i also was not leaving the airport but they said i required an airport transit Visa even if I had a work visa with me of a European country. I changed the ticket instead of getting a visa.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Cay_sha said:
I have a question about landing and proof of funds.
On CIC site i found this:
You must present the following documents upon your arrival:

Proof that you have sufficient funds to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada. You can find more information under Proof of funds in the Related Links section at the bottom of this page.

in my case, the proof of funds that i've submitted with an application to COI, was the proof of ownership of our apartment and recent evaluation of apartment. I'm selling apartment now. What documents may i show as a proof of funds in the port of entry to Canada? What if i just have it in cash with me - do i have to show some additional documents to prove that those are my money?
You cannot show property as proof of funds at point of entry.

At this stage, the funds must be liquidated and in a readily transferrable currency (CAD, USD, Euro or UK Sterling).

So in short, you cannot land until you have sold your property, unless you have additional funds saved up. When are you planning to land?

They do not always ask for proof of funding at point of entry, but if they do ask - they will not accept property valuation and it will have been a wasted trip, since you won't even be able to enter the country unless you have a travel visa or from a visa-exempt country.

IMO don't risk it, just make sure you have sold the property before you attempt to land.

We originally used our property as proof of funding when we applied, but in the meantime have saved up the settlement funds in the bank over the last 10 months. Good job we did since our house value has plummeted since then!

Wayne.

xplorin82

Star Member
May 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2010
AOR Received.
10-02-2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Los Angeles - Feb 2012
Med's Request
28-03-2012
Med's Done....
21-05-2012 (med recvd line on eCas)
Passport Req..
30-05-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2012
Hi entemaria,
Sorry to hear about your loss. Be strong.

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Cappuccino said:
You cannot show property as proof of funds at point of entry.

At this stage, the funds must be liquidated and in a readily transferrable currency (CAD, USD, Euro or UK Sterling).

So in short, you cannot land until you have sold your property, unless you have additional funds saved up. When are you planning to land?

They do not always ask for proof of funding at point of entry, but if they do ask - they will not accept property valuation and it will have been a wasted trip, since you won't even be able to enter the country unless you have a travel visa or from a visa-exempt country.

IMO don't risk it, just make sure you have sold the property before you attempt to land.

We originally used our property as proof of funding when we applied, but in the meantime have saved up the settlement funds in the bank over the last 10 months. Good job we did since our house value has plummeted since then!

Wayne.
Thank you. But if i'll sell my apartment and i'll have the money on my bank account - what kind of document will i have to show in port of entry as a proof of funds?

Neha0631

Jul 8, 2011
indira_prab said:
Folks,

Our tickets are booked for 10th Sep for Chennai - London - Toronto. We are trying to find a place to rent before we land in vain. We are looking at Mississauga currently. Almost all of the listings on the craiglists etc., are like, they need personal references, pay-stubs and employment contracts to sign a minimum 1 year lease. We thought a 6 month lease would make us more comfortable in case we will need to move to some other place, for jobs etc.,

Anyone living there and can help us on this regard with info?

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

Contrats Indira, All the very best. I have sent you a query on ur blog. Please reply on the same at the earliest.

Regards,

Neha

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
Cay_sha said:
Thank you. But if i'll sell my apartment and i'll have the money on my bank account - what kind of document will i have to show in port of entry as a proof of funds?
Some people of this forum say bank statements can be a problem, but I also use the British Expats forum and everyone on there reckons they are fine. A bank certificate (letter from the bank confirming your exact balance) might also be advisable.

We are just planning to take UK bank statements to be honest, since we are not planning to transfer the majority of our funds until we need to, owing to the current poor exchange rate UK Sterling v CAD.

Wayne.

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Cappuccino said:
Some people of this forum say bank statements can be a problem, but I also use the British Expats forum and everyone on there reckons they are fine. A bank certificate (letter from the bank confirming your exact balance) might also be advisable.

We are just planning to take UK bank statements to be honest, since we are not planning to transfer the majority of our funds until we need to, owing to the current poor exchange rate UK Sterling v CAD.

Wayne.
bank statements from what time period? Last 3 months or longer?
do you think that bank certificate will be enough (if i sell apartment, there will be big inflow on my account, so bank statement from last 3 months will be useless)

nazafarin

Apr 11, 2011
Toronto
hi frienda
i've got an e-mail from warsaw that my application was sent to this visa office( at first, they said that my visa office is Damascus) .it is what they

have sent to me:

"""""This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada which was received at this office on 15/07/2011.
This is to inform you that your application was transferred to the Embassy of Canada in Warsaw, Poland for processing. The purpose for this transfer was to expedite the processing of your application. Please note that all correspondence pertaining to your file should now be sent to the Embassy of Canada in Warsaw, Poland at the address provided below. Please do not send any documents or correspondence to the Embassy of Canada in Damascus, Syria or the CPC in Sydney, Canada. """""""

what does it mean? it means I WENT to " in process" step?!!!!!!!!! :( :(