RBVO - Mar-25-11
Can you please update my ecas status "CIO-S Eligibility Review complete"

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
The British Council have a policy apparently where they will not send duplicate results to you, but they can send them to another body.

I suggest anyone who is really stuck approach The British Council and cough the words "Data Protection Act" their way. If they are based in the UK then they are subject to UK law, and therefore information held on their computer systems is subject to The Data Protection act. Under this act any information held about you on their computer systems (which I think includes test results) must be divulged to you in writing upon request - they are allowed to charge an admin fee for this but IMO they are in breach of the Data Protection Act if they refuse to supply the details.

It's a bit of legal nit-picking and I'm certainly no lawyer so do double check this for yourself, and not sure anyone's ever taken it that far, but IMO refusing point blank to issue duplicate results is very short-sighted of IELTS.

Wayne.
Hi Wayne,
I was also under the same impression that they do not provide a duplicate copy to the Applicant. Everybody told the same and so did their website. But, believe it or not, i managed to get my duplicate copy of the IELTS. Yes, there was a rigorous follow-up involved. But eventually i succeeded. The just charged my Rs.750 extra as admin fee.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mptocanada said:
Hi Wayne,
I was also under the same impression that they do not provide a duplicate copy to the Applicant. Everybody told the same and so did their website. But, believe it or not, i managed to get my duplicate copy of the IELTS. Yes, there was a rigorous follow-up involved. But eventually i succeeded. The just charged my Rs.750 extra as admin fee.
I think the wording in the Data Protection Act is something like "without undue charge or delay". So they are allowed to charge an admin fee and they are allowed to take a couple of weeks over it. But they cannot delay for months on end, nor can they charge an extortionate amount for it.

We received our PER now so I cannot see our needing to get a copy IELTS for any reason, but if we ever do and British Council refuse you can bet your ass I will be wafting the Data Protection Act in their face quite a lot before I take "no" for an answer! :)

Wayne.

mrni007

Jun 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2011
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Can anyone tell me what is "PER"?

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi - haven't received anything yet since PER in December.

What makes you think London will be next?

Wayne.
Hi,
No substantial research to support that statement. Just out of intuition, and also partly on the basis of the VO rankings posted by someone in the past. More so, the operating times of all the major VO's could be conincidental.

pardis1975

Star Member
Sep 26, 2010
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
D/Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8th Nov
AOR Received.
22th feb.
mrni007 said:
POSITIVE ELIGIBILITY REVIEW

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
mptocanada said:
Hi,
No substantial research to support that statement. Just out of intuition, and also partly on the basis of the VO rankings posted by someone in the past. More so, the operating times of all the major VO's could be conincidental.
Well IMO it largely depends on when the visa offices are ALLOWED to start working on the >J26 applications. IMO the majority of cases will not require much in the way of background checks, hence as we have seen with Manila medical requests can be sent in a matter of days after 2nd AOR. We think that security checks will happen in parallel with medicals being done.

So it's very much a question of when a visa office starts on the >J26 applications.

It's clear from Manila that visa office will not wait until all the <J26 applications are processed before they start on >J26.

What I am guessing happens is:
- When a >J26 application arrives it goes straight into the pile for Security/Background checks in with all the <J26 applications which have already reached this stage (i.e. had the docs after 120 day letter and passed VO eligibility review and selection/admissability)
- All the applications in this "pile" - >J26 and <J26 - are processed in the order they arrived at the visa office

So when the VO hits the first >J26 application largely depends on how big their pile of <J26 applications at Security/Background stage was at the time!

Just guesswork of course, but this is how I imagine it happening.

Wayne.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
mrni007 said:
Hi MRNI: Looks like you are new in town. Welcome! When I first came to this forum I didn't realize that there was a search option at the top right corner. If you come across things you want to know more about you can use that little box and you will be amazed at the treasures you will find! Good Luck.

mptocanada

Star Member
Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Well IMO it largely depends on when the visa offices are ALLOWED to start working on the >J26 applications. IMO the majority of cases will not require much in the way of background checks, hence as we have seen with Manila medical requests can be sent in a matter of days after 2nd AOR. We think that security checks will happen in parallel with medicals being done.

So it's very much a question of when a visa office starts on the >J26 applications.

It's clear from Manila that visa office will not wait until all the <J26 applications are processed before they start on >J26.

What I am guessing happens is:
- When a >J26 application arrives it goes straight into the pile for Security/Background checks in with all the <J26 applications which have already reached this stage (i.e. had the docs after 120 day letter and passed VO eligibility review and selection/admissability)
- All the applications in this "pile" - >J26 and <J26 - are processed in the order they arrived at the visa office

So when the VO hits the first >J26 application largely depends on how big their pile of <J26 applications at Security/Background stage was at the time!

Just guesswork of course, but this is how I imagine it happening.

Wayne.
Well, i think your 2 cents are now long overdue.. It's on your way once we meet in Canada. 'coz your reasons are more justifiable then mine, even if we consider the fact that both of "imagined" the acutal process. And your's have more concrete ground then mine.

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
TheDoctor,
I got your PM but your inbox is full for my reply. Pls can you delete some messages.
Thank
Shalom

PNPvsFSW

Dec 9, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing, China
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
AOR Received.
24-01-2011
Update:

My ECAS status just turned to "Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete"

Come on, VO! :-*

khai

Aug 6, 2010
Philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2010
AOR Received.
08-12-2010/17-03-2011
IELTS Request
GT IELTS request: January 21, 2011
File Transfer...
13-04-2011
Med's Request
03-05-2011
Med's Done....
24-05-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2011
LANDED..........
04-08-2011
Me ecas reads: Centralized Intake Office Sydney (CIO-S) Eligibility Review Complete.
Strange. I am yet to send my GT ielts results next week..

chetana

Star Member
Oct 3, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Bd encashment 15-10-2010,PCC submitted with application
AOR Received.
9th Feb,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
3rd March,2011 changed to in process on 17th March
VISA ISSUED...
10th MAY 2011
CB said:
Thanks Indira,

Its through ordinary post with Rs 10/- Postage

CB
Friends OMG if it is through ordinary mail in spite of email, then what will happen with us in Nepal because our VO is also ND.

ammaartahir

Jun 30, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
12-12-12
Cappuccino said:
ammaartahir, don't notify them by email, use a case-specific query on your visa office's website. If you have moved to another country it is vital that the visa office acknowledges your new address. Have a look around here for the online form for London:
http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/update-how_mettre-comment.aspx?lang=eng#email

Regarding your PCC, wait until visa office contact you. For someone people, who have had med requests, the visa office has said they will accept PCC up to 6 months told, in which case you should have enough time to use your existing ones.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Thanks a lot for the reply Wayne! :)
Only one more thing: I'm still confused about the PCC's. The 6 months old PCC's are acceptable by the Manila VO. What if we are unable to get the PCC request soon and what if the request says that the PCC's are acceptable upto only 3 months? In either case, it would be a disaster for me, for I won't be able to collect the PCC's! Could you tell me if I send my PCC's now, is there any harm in that? Won't they update my file accordingly? Although, I suspect they might've sent the 2nd AOR by now; might be through post? Kindly suggest me what should I do?

Thanks,

Ammaar