+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

nikka_ganda68

Star Member
Jul 8, 2010
Good day everyone...

I would like to ask on how fill up the IMM5406. I am a common law partner... Whom should i put as applicant? my partner who is the principal or me? I've read somewhere from this forum that i should put myself as the applicant so as to put the information regarding my family... Is this right?

Hope you can advice me on this...

Thanks...

odin2404

Jan 27, 2011
Burlington
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-09-2010
Doc's Request.
sent with application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
27-01-2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
23rd Feb 2011
Med's Request
03rd March 2011
Med's Done....
30th March 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03rd March 2011 PPR/RPRF sent: 13th April 2011 RPRF encashed: 29th April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
05th May 2011
LANDED..........
19th July 2011
nikka_ganda68 said:
Good day everyone...

I would like to ask on how fill up the IMM5406. I am a common law partner... Whom should i put as applicant? my partner who is the principal or me? I've read somewhere from this forum that i should put myself as the applicant so as to put the information regarding my family... Is this right?

Hope you can advice me on this...

Thanks...
Filled the forms a while back, but the applicant is the one who's applying! Best wait for some more answers!

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Currently the applications received toward the overall cap is 7,030 ... has anyone have kept a track of previous cap figures? and also my neg increased by 3 without doing anything...lol

om saif

Dec 3, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.canadavisa.com/total-number-of-federal-skilled-worker-applications-received-by-cic.html

mperei02 said:
Currently the applications received toward the overall cap is 7,030 ... has anyone have kept a track of previous cap figures? and also my neg increased by 3 without doing anything...lol

mperei02

Aug 1, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Social Worker
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/12/2010
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
20/6/2011
Med's Request
Currently ECAS shows in process since 26 Aug 2011
Med's Done....
20th September Completed / Received 7th October.
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
13 Jan 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Jan 2012
LANDED..........
May 2012....returned Nov 2012
Thanks mate...

om saif said:
http://www.canadavisa.com/total-number-of-federal-skilled-worker-applications-received-by-cic.html

donmar

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20, 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Could you update me please?

ecas says IN PROCESS

thanks

donmar

C

Cam1234

marocain said:
This is not exactly true, the 250.000 PR that are processed each year by different VO contains all categories (FSW, canadian Experience, PNP, Quebec Selected, Business category, family member sponsorship....), the FSW represent the majority of the 250.000 applications with around 70.000 to 80.000 applications proceed each year. Now, the only PR category that was limited is FSW, which means that they will not dig too much in the backlog applications this year. Also with the current quota, they will prevent at least the FSW backlog from growing year over year.
Hi Marocain:

You are right, and I stand corrected :) Thanks for the input.

@ wenstumped: I am open to the idea that the Maple Flu was introduced by Aliens, actually that ties up the whole thing nicely ;D

Cam

C

Cam1234

physiocraze said:
Op 6 –Section.13. Procedure: Selection decision

For applications received on or after June 26, 2010:

If ...
The applicant‘s total score is
equal to or greater than the
pass mark

Then the CIO officer will ...

•forward the entire application to the visa office identified by
the applicant on the IMM 0008 for a selection decision.

If ...

The applicant‘s total score is
less than the pass mark

Then the CIO officer will ...

•refuse the application (negative selection decision);
•record outcome and reasons; and
•send a letter to inform the applicant (see Appendix C for
sample letter).

Note: CIO officers will only make negative selection decisions. Applications that meet the pass mark are forwarded to a visa office. The visa officer will review the application and case analysis provided by the CIO and make the selection decision.

Regards

physiocraze
Thank you physiocraze, this piece of information is what I wanted to bring to the attention of the board yesterday and discuss. Most applicants, including myself, are under the impression that once you get your PER you are 80% there. OP6 is telling us that the biggest hurdle, the decision to "select" you as a permanent resident, is done at the visa office. This entails the re-examination of the whole application. I think we can only consider ourselves 80% there, when we have received our medical request.

Cam

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Thank you physiocraze, this piece of information is what I wanted to bring to the attention of the board yesterday and discuss. Most applicants, including myself, are under the impression that once you get your PER you are 80% there. OP6 is telling us that the biggest hurdle, the decision to "select" you as a permanent resident, is done at the visa office. This entails the re-examination of the whole application. I think we can only consider ourselves 80% there, when we have received our medical request.

Cam
I guess the only way we'll get to know for sure is once someone hears from the VO. Till then all we can do is speculate. I just hope our initial hunch is right and that our 'positive final determination of eligibility' really does mean what it says.

mayankpandya

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2011.
Doc's Request.
PER on 24- MAR- 2011.
AOR Received.
20-APRIL-2011
File Transfer...
In-Process on 30 May 2011
Med's Request
14 July 2011
Med's Done....
22 July 2011
Passport Req..
14 -Jul- 2011 Passport send on 26-Jul-11
VISA ISSUED...
29-AUG-11
LANDED..........
16-OCT-11
Dear Anil,

Thanks for your reply.

I need help for documents preparation.

(1) In Schedule-1 Back Ground form

Column 10 - Education detail :

I want to know that after filling details of 10th (S.S.C ) in next line I Only need to fill time period of 12th (H.S.C ) Class or need to cover time period of 11th class also ?

Column 12- Membership Details :

I am registered Pharmacist under Rajasthan State Pharmacy Council .

Do i need to fill that detail here ? Is this applicable to me ?

As i am attaching Notarised Copy of my Registration Copy.

(2) IMM 5406 Additional Family Information :

What to write in name of Applicant when form filled by my Spouse ? I am the Prime Applicant . So Do i need to fill my Name both time ? I am confused ?

(3) What should i write title of my JOB in all forms "PHARMACIST OR RETAIL PHARMACIST? In my reference letter from Employer it is mentioned " Retail Pharmacist "

Regards,

Mayank Pandya

anil04_10 said:
Dear mayank
The account should be on your name (or spouse with joint a/c). You have to show the amount as required in PoF. Let it be in 2/3 accounts...... you have to get letters from all the banks. Basically you have to prove your stand.....

Cheer,Anil

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
wenstumped said:
I guess the only way we'll get to know for sure is once someone hears from the VO. Till then all we can do is speculate. I just hope our initial hunch is right and that our 'positive final determination of eligibility' really does mean what it says.
My few cents :)

When they say the application has received a POSITIVE FINAL DETERMINATION FOR ELIGIBILITY, they say the application is very much fine to proceed to process. Here, The Process means background, security and medical checks :). We clearly know a PER means, an application corresponds to the MI, 6 selection factors, 67 points etc., So, after all these, the VO has just to confirm the documentation is genuine using background checks and then proceed to the security and medicals.

Note: CIO officers will only make negative selection decisions. Applications that meet the pass mark are forwarded to a visa office. The visa officer will review the application and case analysis provided by the CIO and make the selection decision.

The reason for the above note is the CIO cannot do the background checks and without doing that they can't establish if the documentation are genuine(standard background checks are a cake walk for the VO and CIO are nowhere near there). Were they able to do that, we would have received medicals from CIO :p :p directly. But they can DECIDE if an application will not pass through if it fails in the MI/6 selection factors/67 points, which they can easily establish with all the supporting documents we have provided. Whereas they cannot be 100% sure if an application that looks OK, is actually OK(unless the BC is done). So, they pass on the file to the VOs to do the Background checks.

Hope that makes sense :)

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
indira_prab said:

When they say the application has received a POSITIVE FINAL DETERMINATION FOR ELIGIBILITY, they say the application is very much fine to proceed to process. Here, The Process means background, security and medical checks :). We clearly know a PER means, an application corresponds to the MI, 6 selection factors, 67 points etc., So, after all these, the VO has just to confirm the documentation is genuine using background checks and then proceed to the security and medicals.

The reason for the above note is the CIO cannot do the background checks and without doing that they can't establish if the documentation are genuine(standard background checks are a cake walk for the VO and CIO are nowhere near there). Were they able to do that, we would have received medicals from CIO :p :p directly. But they can DECIDE if an application will not pass through if it fails in the MI/6 selection factors/67 points, which they can easily establish with all the supporting documents we have provided. Whereas they cannot be 100% sure if an application that looks OK, is actually OK(unless the BC is done). So, they pass on the file to the VOs to do the Background checks.

Hope that makes sense :)
Thanks,
Indira Prabhakaran.
Spot on Indira, That is the difference from the pre and post june apps. In the pre june thing it was only few pieces of forms. So the VO had to do all the evaluation. In our case, the CIC can determine the points one gets. The authenticity of these documents (Background Check) is what the VO will do. All of us (I presume) are genuine and so there will be no issue with this. If VO have a problem with any doc, they will seek clarification/ resubmission more than rejection. So in a way our PER is one step ahead of AOR. But for the percentage of progress, i think the only percentage that matters is 100% and that will be with the PR. So i will refrain form attaching any percentage to the PER stage.

C

Cam1234

indira_prab said:
Thank you Indira for sharing your opinion, this is the kind of discussion I was hoping for. While I agree with what you have written, it still makes me uncomfortable knowing that they can still go over what was done at CIO. However, as kolhapuri also pointed out, if the background check verification goes well, there should be no problems and I can't believe VO will overturn the CIO decision.

Cam

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Thank you Indira for sharing your opinion, this is the kind of discussion I was hoping for. While I agree with what you have written, it still makes me uncomfortable knowing that they can still go over what was done at CIO. However, as kolhapuri also pointed out, if the background check verification goes well, there should be no problems and I can't believe VO will overturn the CIO decision.

Cam
I agree Cam, there would have to be some very serious problems with an application for the VO to overturn the CIO's decision. I think the main role the VO will play now would be to make sure the documents submitted are authentic, the applicant has no criminal record and then of course issue the medical request to make sure the applicant is in good health. After this, the only thing remaining would be the passport request. Then all of us can finally relax a bit; before we start stressing about settling down in our new homes... ;D