Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
fma said:
NO Katy

It was my assumptions, keeping in mind the attitude of CIC for post 26/6. as u know according to my knowledge pre 26/6 only 20% of indian applicant got interview calls, not necessarily every one will get call but it is my assumtion.

Hope it is clear to u.

Cheers

FMA
So would you mind clarify what this attitude is like? What's the difference interview-wise between pre June 26 and post June 26?

fma

Mar 28, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Landed on 7th Oct 2010
KATY

I never faced an interview as im in pre june and already landed , as post june 26 rules has been changed and it is getting tougher and tougher for applicants if u missed anything what i learnt form posts that they are rejecting applications. this is the attituce im talking about.

I am sure even after strict scurtiney in CIO, again VO will take tough decisions, even if they get ray of doubt in application I assume that they will call for interview.

again it is my assumption.....

Cheers

FMA

Naija Pikin

Sep 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-8-2010
VISA ISSUED...
2-4-2012
katyspring said:
Dear Indira

Thank you very much for your words of support. That's great to know that you have taken up the right measure in the right time. And I sincerely wish the whole process will go smoothly with you, just the way you wish.

I am on the phone with the courier in my country every monent and a very nice friend of mine is doing the same from inside Canada.But they've got nothing to say except that it is missing. They don't know even where and when they have lost track of it.You know , that's disgusting when you think some reckless ppl have lost an invaluable package that was a gist of your whole life and that was meant to bring a life-changing process into your life and the life of your loved ones. I am in a very desperate situation, just don't want to pass my anxiety and deep sad moments on the thread specially when I see all the joy an dexcitement of getting the PER's by our friends I feel it would be so silly and selfish to pass on some negative emotions.

Anyway,The whole story gose like this;My package which I submitted on Dec 1st to courier has been lost on it's way to the CIO. The courier is not sure where it has lost the track of my package. After several days of follow-up the driver has gone to the CIO to see if it has been delivered without scanning, but has been denied any info due to privacy matters. On the other hand that friend of mine in Vancouver who has been following my case very seriously has called the CIO asking for information. First he was asked for an authorization form signed by me. After we provided that and sent it to the CIO, CIO told my friend that they couldn't give him any information because they are still working on 7th Oct applications and they do not have any info on my app. or any other app. filed after Oct.7. He has said that my case could be followed at least 2 months later. Until then NO INFO. could be given from my case. When asked by my friend whether I should gather and send another package-which of course would be very hard particularly with my original IELTS that has gone lost- the agent had said; NO!!!! Because in case we have received it -without being scanned by the driver- then there would be two cases for the same person and that's against rules. So they wanna to keep me up in the air at least for two other months just to let me know whether or not the app. is with them. My method of payment has been money order, that's kind of cash you know. So I cannot know anything from that either. Now after two months, in case I somehow solve the IELTS problem, would there be any vacancy in 3131???? God knows.

I am desperately in need of your prayers friends.

Wish you all luck and happiness
Katyspring, this is really pathetic, I am deeply sad about what has happened to your application. Please do not give up prodding the CIO and your courier company, there ought to be consequences on the courier company. In the mean time, I think you should gather another set of of documents, you can add a photocopy of your IELTS result, with a cover letter detailing all you've gone through. At the bottom of the IELTS report, there is a restricted link to confirm the authenticity of the result, and the CIO is one of the organizations that have access. You may still be lucky to make it before they reach the cap.
Please put pressure to bear on the damn courier company, it is their responsibility to sort out this mess.
Trust me, we would always remember you in our prayers, the ALMIGHTY GOD will see you through. I wish you all the best, dear friend.

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Transferred to Warsaw on 30/03/2011
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with application/PCC included
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
Naija Pikin said:
Katyspring, this is really pathetic, I am deeply sad about what has happened to your application. Please do not give up prodding the CIO and your courier company, there ought to be consequences on the courier company. In the mean time, I think you should gather another set of of documents, you can add a photocopy of your IELTS result, with a cover letter detailing all you've gone through. At the bottom of the IELTS report, there is a restricted link to confirm the authenticity of the result, and the CIO is one of the organizations that have access. You may still be lucky to make it before they reach the cap.
Please put pressure to bear on the damn courier company, it is their responsibility to sort out this mess.
Trust me, we would always remember you in our prayers, the ALMIGHTY GOD will see you through. I wish you all the best, dear friend.
I just cannot understand what kind of ppl these courier people are. They are just sitting aside, shrugging off in a very inconsiderate manner. It seems that they don't even think of the extent of the blow they have delivered to me. They haven't even offered a simple apology for recklessly losing such a vital package. They justify their irresponsibilty as a mishap and bellittle it as if nothing much has happened. They are rude enough to say that under the rules and regulations, there is no insurance existent for documents but they are so generous that are ready to send the replacement package for me FREE OF CHARGE!!! What a generosity and deep understanding!! They literally put me on the verge of a breakdown. :'( The way they act feels appalling to me. And as for CIO agents, the too seem to be living in Mars and not knowing of what the realities are on the ground. They advise me to wait for +2 months just to know if my package is or is not in their possession. :eek:

engy

Oct 24, 2010
egypt
Category........
Visa Office......
cairo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 Aug 2010
AOR Received.
15 Dec 2010 ---2AOR 21 FEB 2011
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
10 Feb 2011
Med's Request
2 May 2011
Med's Done....
12 May 2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
27 July 2011
VISA ISSUED...
8 August 2011
LANDED..........
24 march 2012
ashokrenwa said:
Congrats :) :) :) Engy... and to all of them who received therir PERS.

aSHOK...
thanks ashok , basmalah and all friends who congratulated me
God bless you all

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cam1234 said:
Hi wenstumped:

From what I understand, they have approximately 400,000 applications in backlog and are trying to process 200K this year and 200K next. As for the process itself, for applicants after July 1st 2011, it seems the 67 point system will be raised and made more difficult... :eek: So yes, I hope all of us get through this year as well...

Cam
Scary stuff, really does feel like the gates are closing on Canada. I hope we can all get in before they implement the changes too, especially as whenever they make stuff stricter, it has an effect on earlier/existing applications. For example they announced that they will be making it harder to get LMOs in April 2011, but already people are having their LMOs denied for weak reasons.

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
CanadaJimmy said:
Scary stuff, really does feel like the gates are closing on Canada. I hope we can all get in before they implement the changes too, especially as whenever they make stuff stricter, it has an effect on earlier/existing applications. For example they announced that they will be making it harder to get LMOs in April 2011, but already people are having their LMOs denied for weak reasons.

Do you know on what grounds cam123 is suggesting that they're gonna increase the 67 passmark? ???

asoo62

Star Member
Oct 16, 2010
Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 Sep 2010
AOR Received.
31 Jan 2011
Med's Request
6 Apr 2011
Med's Done....
28 Apr 2011
Passport Req..
12 Jun 2011
Dear Katy
Do you have a photo of your money order ? If yes, check the information on it to see by which organization it has been provided? because some money orders ARE traceable (I did trace mine) and then you can check whether or not it has been cashed.
Hope everything ends well for you

katyspring said:
Do you know on what grounds cam123 is suggesting that they're gonna increase the 67 passmark? ???

nzds05

Star Member
Jul 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Resent and received on 1st DEC 2010 received by M.KRSWDA
AOR Received.
PER received on 2nd of March 2011
File Transfer...
received by VO on 25th March.
Med's Request
1st August, 2011
Med's Done....
1st Sept 2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
22th Sept 2011, passport received on 5th by VO
VISA ISSUED...
11th Oct, 2011
LANDED..........
must before 1st of Sept 2012
katyspring said:
hello, Katy

sorry to hear your situation. as i know for the IELTS results, you can order up to 5 copies of it. just contact your country IELTS department.

C

Cam1234

katyspring said:
Hi Katy:

It was in an interview I read with The Minister of Immigration, Jason Kenney. Apparently immigrants who came to Canada in the 80s and 90s got good jobs and did not suffer as much as immigrants who settled in Canada the past decade.

Minister Kenney hopes to enact policies to make it easier for immigrants to obtain employment when entering the workforce. To accomplish this he said, we need to have stricter levels for their English language fluency and education level in general, so that they can compete in Canada's workforce. A stricter point system was also mentioned as one of the tools being considered to bring in the best and the brightest into Canada.

I don't know where I read this Katy, I read a lot of articles, if I come across it again, I will post the url. By the way from what I have read, what the minister is doing will not solve the problem entirely. Raising standards for immigrants to a level where only the smartest and best educated can get in is not the solution. Apparently the problem is the Canadian corporate culture, which does not accept the credentials and education certificates of other countries and refuse to offer employment to individuals who have no Canadian work experience... making it difficult for immigrants to land that first job.

The good news is that things are getting better and laws are being enacted to force the hand of employers to accept immigrants more readily... the bad news, there is still a lot of work left to be done.

Cam
PS. I am truly sorry to hear about your application, it seems that you are following the best course of action regarding this dilemma. I hope that the morons at TNT have not realized that they have indeed delivered your application, and that you get your PER from CIO shortly :)

katyspring

Nov 17, 2010
Tehran,Iran
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21/12/2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
09/03/2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
30/03/2011
Med's Request
29/09/2011
Med's Done....
06/10/2011
Passport Req..
16/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
23/01/2012
Cam1234 said:
Hi Katy:

It was in an interview I read with The Minister of Immigration, Jason Kenney. Apparently immigrants who came to Canada in the 80s and 90s got good jobs and did not suffer as much as immigrants who settled in Canada the past decade.

Cam
PS. I am truly sorry to hear about your application, it seems that you are following the best course of action regarding this dilemma. I hope that the morons at TNT have not realized that they have indeed delivered your application, and that you get your PER from CIO shortly :)
Dear Cam, Thank you for clarification, and also for your supportive comments. That's the summit of my hopes too, but would it somehow actualize?

I pray for that!

ashokrenwa

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Not yet
Nomination.....
Not yet
AOR Received.
18-03-2011 - Dated 10th March
IELTS Request
7 Band - Score
File Transfer...
FEB - 2011
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
:D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :

REPEATED ---- FOR THE BENEFIT OF ALL, SIMPLE but IMP INFO

CIO's email ID:

FSW-Centralized_Intake-Office@cic.gc.ca

[no spaces anywhere]

NOTE1: E-mail them only if its more than 6 weeks after your application has reached CIO..

NOTE2: Dont be surprised with the automated reply.. "CIO does not work LIVE" They will reply in a week or two

Dont e-mail too frequently atleast have a gap of 3 weeks..

CIC call centre number: +16139444000, then dial 1-2-1-2-0

TIP-- "at one point of time the IVR will ask you for your reference number" USE it if you have it..

IF YOU DONT THAN??????

please punch any number like eg: #985 and stay online

it will repeat to punch in the reference number again telling you that the number punched in earlier was invalid
punch in any vague numberlike i told before eg: #985 AND now the IVR will ask you to stay online so that a call center
agent can assist you.. it will say the hold time as 10 mins may go upto 20 as well and you will surely speak to someone.

NOTE3: Call Center works Monday to Friday 8AM to 4PM THEIR LOCAL TIME:

NOTE4: EVERY ONE CAN ENQUIRE ABOUT THEIR CASE.. However,, I would advise not to call them...there are a bunch of goats sitting in the call center and do nothing but make the same sound..33 weeks,, you will be lucky to get a COW??

HA, ha ha.. i joke and laugh myselves somtimes..

ALL

THE

BEST

TO

EVERYONE

aSHOK....

C

Cam1234

Hi Ashok:

May I point out that if everyone posted on this board with a font your size, that the thread would become completely illegible... and no one would come here to post anymore.

Could you please use a font size like everyone else, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Cam

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Shalom1 said:
Hi Wayne,
I have sent you a PM.

Cheers
Shalom
I have replied thanks :)

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
indira_prab said:
Hi Wayne,

Yes, that's pretty much it!:)

If an application has got a PER from the CIO, and they are confident enough that NOTHING might raise in the background and documentation checks, and of course the security and medicals, nothing could stop them receiving the PR.

As for the AOR from the VO, they may not have received the physical files yet, and may be they send out the AOR first while they ask for the PCCS(if not submitted before) etc., and then put the file on queue for the Background checks.

As for the time-lines, yes i too guess May and June 2011 or even before that for the faster VOs :).

Thanks,

Indira Prabhakaran.
Except of course that many applicants included their PCC with their application, so would not expect to receive a PCC request from VO unless the 12 months of the PCC expired before a final decision was made.

So do they receive nothing from VO until medicals? Or at least confirmation that their paper record has safely arrived at VO?

Wayne.