IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
one more time, this time dear forumers I request your final review:

Dear Sirs,

I am writing on behalf of a sizable number of Federal Skilled Worker Category 1 (FSW1) applicants who share a public forum and have applied for Permanent Residence to Canada on or after 26th June 2010.

We are wondering if you could please consider clarifying the following questions which we have compiled regarding the immigration process under this category since the new rules were introduced?

Since these questions have been frequently asked in our forum and represent the concerns of many applicants, could we please also ask you to consider adding the questions and their answers to the Frequently Asked Questions section of your website if you think there is sufficient value and merit?

We believe this will help clarify things for many on or after 26th June 2010 applicants and therefore help reduce phone calls and queries to CIC.

We are very grateful to you for considering us for immigration to Canada, so please take our request for information in the spirit we intend, that we just wish to make things as clear as we can from both sides.

Quite a few of our concerns related to the role of CIO and VO for post 25 June applications. While most of us are familiar with the roles both play in processing FSW applications previously, we are not sure whether this has changed following the 26 June 2010 Ministerial Instruction. We believe that understanding whether there has been a corresponding shift in role would not only implicitly help mitigate the current concerns which we have described below, but also manage the expectations with regards to timeline for many.

1) Acknowledgment Of Receipt - timelines

Based on the previous process, we understand that after eligibility review at CIO is successfully completed, the applicant should expect to be informed by way of an Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR) as their application is forwarded to the visa office for background checks and further processing.

During the past few weeks several members have phoned CIC to enquire on the status of their application. Prior to 19th October they have been told that it would take approximately 10 weeks before they receive an acknowledgment from CIC. Since then, during three past few weeks, many members are now being told it would take 33 weeks. This is obviously a large jump and falls well outside the previous estimate of 45 to 90 days to get an AOR.

Can you please tell us why there is now such a long expected delay, in light of several members being told by CIC's Call Centre that eligibility reviews have been completed for applications up to the end of September/start of October and yet even the applicants whose application received at the start of July have not received an AOR.

There are still currently no timelines outlined on the CIC website in this regard, and we believe it will save significant number of unnecessary phone calls of applicants to CIC if some expected timelines can be given.

2) CAP limits

Based on the previous process, we understand that on receipt of an application it undergoes a completeness check. If that is successful, the funds are encashed and the application then goes through an eligibility review. If deemed eligible, the applicant is informed and the application is forwarded to the visa office.

We note you have now published some figures on the CIC web site, which is being updated every few days, regarding how many applications have been received as counting towards the cap for each NOC.

Where there great confusion is - do these figures published on the CIC website represent those applications which have only passed the completeness check, or which have also passed an eligibility review? Several parts of your website elude to the phrase "considered for processing" but it is unclear at which side of the eligibility review these applications are being counted.

3) Returned applications

Several of our forum members have reported that their application has been returned prior to encashment of funds, but that they have only just learnt about this and they have never received the application back. They now have to go through the timely and costly process of re-printing their application and re-gathering all their supporting documentation in order that they can submit another application.

We understand that standard Canada post in Canada and local standard post in the applicant's country are being used to return applications, but this is evidently leading to some applications being lost, which has led to a lot of distress for a few of our forum members. May we respectfully suggest an amendment to the process, that as part of the processing fees with the initial application an option for returns fee is included with the fee payment so that a courier may be used to return important documents such as the originals which are included in our applications? Such a fee would be much smaller than cost of having to re-compile the application if original documents are lost in transit using traditional post.

There are also growing concerns amongst our forum members of identity theft/fraud if their applications with such a large quantity of personal information is lost in the post.

4) Police clearance certificates

Current PCC guidelines state that they cannot be more than 3 months old when submitted to a respective visa office (VO). Applicants do not know when their application reaches the VO, and since it takes 1 to 6 months to get a new PCC in some countries, this will likely cause delays for some applications. Additionally, some applicants who have lived in other countries for more than 180 days in the past, and have never entered those countries again, have PCCs that are older than 3 months. Could you please clarify if these two instances with PCCs dated more than 3 months from the date of issue remain valid for immigration application purposes?

Any clarification you can give us regarding the above would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely yours,

XXX

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi sorry for my delay in replying, have been out all day and now just got back to my PC, and am currently having a beer to celebrate Vettel (rather than cheating scumbag Alonso) winning the Formula 1 Driver's championship! ;)

Anyway, the letter reads fine to me. Will just have to send it and see what happens. Hoping we won't get a standard cut+paste meaingless response but that they will actually tell us what is going on!

Cheers,
Wayne.

canady

Sep 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CAIRO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
Dear Coffee,

Please add to the letter the following:

1) What will be the contents & instructions which will be in the AOR ??
2) Why they don't send the rejection letters for those who failed in the eligibility review so they can have a fair chance to rectify their application & resubmit ?

Thanks for your effort guys

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
DesiMike said:
Senior members and other folks:
Got a situation here. One of my relative's (whom I helped to prepare application) Permanent Residence application is returned back by Sydney CIO, because application is incomplete (doesn't meet the requirements of section 10 of the IRPR).

The reason given for incompleteness of the application is that birth certificates of both applicant and his spouse were not submitted with the application. Following documents are requested by the Sydney CIO:
1) Affidavit for birth certificates, including birth date and name of parents.
2) IELTS test will expire soon, must have updated test score.

We had included following explanation with the application as a reason for not submitting the birth certificates:
"As per visa London office specific documents checklist, a birth certificate is normally acceptable if registration was made shortly after the birth. Birth certificates are not being provided as registration of the birth was not done shortly after the birth."

Above explanation is based on Section 2 "IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS" Page 4 of London Visa Office Specific Instructions (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf) (It also serves Pakistani applicants). It states that:

FOR APPLICANTS FROM PAKISTAN
• Original birth certificates for you and your spouse or common-law partner, with certified translations into English or French. A birth certificate is normally acceptable if registration was made shortly after the birth. The birth certificate must:
o bear the name of the person whose birth it records, and
o have been issued by an official responsible for the registration of births in the municipality or district in which the birth took place.

Although we will re-submit the whole application with the additional document(s) requested by the Sydney CIO, but we also want to contest that our previously submitted application was not incomplete based on the “London Visa Office Specific Instructions” to reserve a spot within 20,000 cap. In the instructions, there is no mention of providing affidavit in case birth certificate is not submitted.

I have following questions from you folks:
1) If my understanding of not submitting the birth certificates was correct or not based on above London Visa Office Specific Instructions?
2) In case if 20,000 cap limit is reached, can I contest CIO decision on the returned application along with the re-submission of application to reserve a spot within 20,000 cap?
3) I need to confirm if we need to provide two affidavits for the birth certificates. That is, one from principal applicant and one from spouse?
3) Should I re-submit the same application which was returned? It has the stamp and comments from CIO officer?

Thanks
Can anyone address above issue please?

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
canady said:
Dear Coffee,

Please add to the letter the following:

1) What will be the contents & instructions which will be in the AOR ??
2) Why they don't send the rejection letters for those who failed in the eligibility review so they can have a fair chance to rectify their application & resubmit ?

Thanks for your effort guys
hello Canady,

I suggest we put few specific questions in the letter to obtain specific and timely response. from my own experience, I would personally tend to put aside long and heavy letters until I am forced to have a look at. I propose to send our letter with keeping it short and focused on 3 issues (these became actually 4).

I hope we get an answer, and from there we at least hopefully will get an understanding on timing of AORs. if I receive AOR first, I will share its contents immediately ;D

as to rejection letters issue, don't you mind that we send this question with the next letter after we build some sort of a dialogue?

regards,

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I don't know your answers, but my thoughts are: As you indicated birth certs were not done soon after birth what documentation did you use to satisfy this requirement? CIO have asked you to provide some other proof of birth date in the form of "Affidavit for birth certificates, including birth date and name of parents." Although the "s" at the end of certificates makes it sound like one affidavit required for BOTH, I would err on the side of caution and provide a separate affidavit for each.
By asking you to provide an updated IELTS it sounds as if they plan to date your application when it is resubmitted AND/OR they think it might take you longer than the date of validity on your IELTS to return the package.
From our friend's experience I understand how stressful it is having to resubmit an application and I wish you good luck for the success of your improved app.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
DESIMIKE: Sorry, meant to add, if you HOPE they will accept your application with original receipt date, you should send back the same application and their letter with your cover letter and explanation on top.

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Desimike, This is my interpretation -
When they ask us to submit the CIO requirements and VO requirements, we have to satisfy both and not pick and choose that is convenient. If there is overlap or discrepancy, then satisfy the more stringent requirement. In your case, I think you were correct in complying the VO requirement but not the CIO requirement. Birth Certificate is an important document for CIO (i know in south east asia it is not that important in small towns). So you will have to submit two affidivits for you and spouse.
IELTS - As Pippin says above, they expect you will resubmit and then by the time you resubmit, it is outdated so they want a new one.
You will have to submit a seperate affidavit.
You can resubmit the same application with the required changes. The marking may help you reclaim the spot.
As for claiming your spot, it is a lottery, you get it or you dont. No harm trying though, if you get it, it is good. Of not, too bad. (That is why i buy lottery :D)

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
I have a suggestion.

Maybe we can also suggest for CIO to come up with a capability for applications to file online? Sending required forms and docs in scanned copies. payment can also be done online. Saves a lot of time and money. I think Australia already have this mode type. Not sure if this idea was already raised before.

VO can verify the authenticity of the scanned docs when the application reaches that stage.

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Help me to understand the processing fees

Guys i am resending my application to CIO ...can any body let me know whether i need to include visa office specific fees with my Initial application ?

Me and my wife are the applicants so my understanding is that i need to pay 2 * 550=1100 CAD but when i go thru the visa office check list they mentioned some kind of fee which i am not sure about it ?

Experts please help me to understand this fee structure ?

blueray333

Jul 14, 2010
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2010
Doc's Request.
inc. in app.
AOR Received.
25-11-2010
IELTS Request
inc. in app.
File Transfer...
25-11-2010
Med's Request
07-02-2011
Med's Done....
12-03-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
21-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
VO specific fees are not required during initial submission. It will only be asked once your file gets transferred to your VO.

So at this point, no need to send the fees for VO.

Victory

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
March 09, 2011
Med's Done....
VO Received April 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 22, 2011
LANDED..........
Soon
How is the process of application after June,26?

Nearly 4 months past.

If who have answer please share here.

arasah

Oct 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent
File Transfer...
Med's Request
12-12-11
Med's Done....
07-01-12
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-12-11
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-12
LANDED..........
Landed December 2012
As CIC posted the completeness applications from 19 Oct to 9 Nov' 2010, now total completeness applications number is 3,531 (though mistakenly posted in cic website is total number 3,532). So, in last 21 days CIO received and completed average 62.14 applications per day. If this happen in coming days, CIO will receive and complete the completeness number of applications 14,479 (62.14 X 233 days-remain) more number of applications up to 30 June 2011. In that case, only NOC 1122, 2121, 3113, 3131, & 3152 will fill the maximum limit of CAP 1,000. So, number of applications will be reduced and ultimately total completeness number of applications will be 12,335 as on 30 June, 2011 and rest number 20,000-12,335 = 7,665 will not be filled up. You can say 38% of total target will not fill-up in this year (26 June 2010 to 31 June 2011).

What an effects of new category and CAP, which CIC has introduced to reduce the number of applications under FSW1. Have any comments!

Victory

Star Member
Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
March 09, 2011
Med's Done....
VO Received April 21, 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 25, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 22, 2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Good analysis.Thanks for your figures.

They will have changing numer for next year because this year is start for new process.

But 3,531 application just is encash only.

chinsan

Aug 26, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent on Oct, 1, 2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
07,Jan, 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
Received by Visa office on 04, March, 2011
Med's Request
April 27, 2011
Med's Done....
May, 25, 2011 Medicals received July 26/07/2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 26, 2011, Submitted 08/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
11/08/2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
;D

hi Guys,

My BD has been encashed as per my bank. I forgot to ask the date, but it maybe in October...Anyway it has been encashed for sure. Please update the spreadsheet.

Thank God..... ;D