IELTS Request
Originals sent with full application to CIO
Cam1234 said:
:p BOAR CONTESTANTS :p

Cam1234 Dec 15 2010
Cappuccino Dec 1 2010
Pippin Feb 1 2011
Smiler11 Dec 10, 2011
Jeanne Dec 1 2010 ** Date already taken, Please choose another...
Canada 1 Jan 25 2011
CanadaJimmy Nov 22 2011
JINCYMARAMON Jan 15 2011
Canady Dec 20 2010
Temasek Nov 17 2010
jignesh79 Dec 20 2010 ** Date already taken, Please choose another...
mchowdhury Jan 14 2011
wenstumped Jan 26 2011
Cur-Rozen Feb 2 2011
Kolhapuri Jan 20 2011

;D Best of Luck to Everyone! ;D​
OK, let's make it 2 Dec 2010!! :)

C

Cam1234

Cam1234 Dec 15 2010
Cappuccino Dec 1 2010
Pippin Feb 1 2011
Smiler11 Dec 10, 2011
Jeanne Dec 2 2010
Canada 1 Jan 25 2011
CanadaJimmy Nov 22 2011
JINCYMARAMON Jan 15 2011
Canady Dec 20 2010
Temasek Nov 17 2010
mchowdhury Jan 14 2011
wenstumped Jan 26 2011
Cur-Rozen Feb 2 2011
Kolhapuri Jan 20 2011

Bindu

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
By God's Grace on 01-12-2010
File Transfer...
2nd AOR by GOD's Grace on 21-Feb-2011
Med's Request
Recieved by Allmighty GOD Jesus Christ's grace on 08-03-2011
Med's Done....
Completed the Med by God's Grace on 14-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport and RPRF sent by God's Grace on 17-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Status changed to Decision Made on 25th June 2011 , Visa Issued by God's Grace on July 15th 2011
LANDED..........
Landed by God's Grace in Toronto on 11th Aug 2011
My bet date to recieve 1st AOR for post 26 june applicants would be Jan 10 2011 ( Canadian Date)

other assumptions below ***** New Delhi Visa Office******

Medicals requested -- 10 JUNE 2011
Passport request -- 25 July 2011 ( these dates are for people with No foreign travel before / after applying for Canadian PR)
Visa Stamped --20 Aug 2011

Cheers
Bindu

Cam1234 said:

Cam1234 Dec 15 2010
Cappuccino Dec 1 2010
Pippin Feb 1 2011
Smiler11 Dec 10, 2011
Canada 1 Jan 25 2011
CanadaJimmy Nov 22 2011
JINCYMARAMON Jan 15 2011
Canady Dec 20 2010
Temasek Nov 17 2010
mchowdhury Jan 14 2011
wenstumped Jan 26 2011
Cur-Rozen Feb 2 2011
Kolhapuri Jan 20 2011

Bindu

Aug 30, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2010
AOR Received.
By God's Grace on 01-12-2010
File Transfer...
2nd AOR by GOD's Grace on 21-Feb-2011
Med's Request
Recieved by Allmighty GOD Jesus Christ's grace on 08-03-2011
Med's Done....
Completed the Med by God's Grace on 14-03-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Passport and RPRF sent by God's Grace on 17-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
Status changed to Decision Made on 25th June 2011 , Visa Issued by God's Grace on July 15th 2011
LANDED..........
Landed by God's Grace in Toronto on 11th Aug 2011
Hi Team,

Is there any email id for CIC where we can send our queires reagrding the delay in AOR for post 26 2011 applicants,I did search the CIC website but could not find any relavent one, was thinking that we can get a concrete answer via email than calling CIC.

Cheers
Bindu

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.capic.ca/newsfiles/1RDIMS-NATIONAL-CICIP_Meeting_Record_04-30-10_English.pdf

they have next meet on 19 November, let us watch what comes as news

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
29 November 2010

Cam1234 said:

Cam1234 Dec 15 2010
Cappuccino Dec 1 2010
Pippin Feb 1 2011
Smiler11 Dec 10, 2011
Canada 1 Jan 25 2011
CanadaJimmy Nov 22 2011
JINCYMARAMON Jan 15 2011
Canady Dec 20 2010
Temasek Nov 17 2010
mchowdhury Jan 14 2011
wenstumped Jan 26 2011
Cur-Rozen Feb 2 2011
Kolhapuri Jan 20 2011

DesiMike

Star Member
Mar 29, 2009
Senior Members:
Please address my issue given below:

DesiMike said:
Senior members and other folks:
Got a situation here. One of my relative's (whom I helped to prepare application) Permanent Residence application is returned back by Sydney CIO, because application is incomplete (doesn't meet the requirements of section 10 of the IRPR).

The reason given for incompleteness of the application is that birth certificates of both applicant and his spouse were not submitted with the application. Following documents are requested by the Sydney CIO:
1) Affidavit for birth certificates, including birth date and name of parents.
2) IELTS test will expire soon, must have updated test score.

We had included following explanation with the application as a reason for not submitting the birth certificates:
"As per visa London office specific documents checklist, a birth certificate is normally acceptable if registration was made shortly after the birth. Birth certificates are not being provided as registration of the birth was not done shortly after the birth."

Above explanation is based on Section 2 "IDENTITY AND CIVIL STATUS DOCUMENTS" Page 4 of London Visa Office Specific Instructions (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/E37023.pdf) (It also serves Pakistani applicants). It states that:

FOR APPLICANTS FROM PAKISTAN
• Original birth certificates for you and your spouse or common-law partner, with certified translations into English or French. A birth certificate is normally acceptable if registration was made shortly after the birth. The birth certificate must:
o bear the name of the person whose birth it records, and
o have been issued by an official responsible for the registration of births in the municipality or district in which the birth took place.

Although we will re-submit the whole application with the additional document(s) requested by the Sydney CIO, but we also want to contest that our previously submitted application was not incomplete based on the “London Visa Office Specific Instructions” to reserve a spot within 20,000 cap. In the instructions, there is no mention of providing affidavit in case birth certificate is not submitted.

I have following questions from you folks:
1) If my understanding of not submitting the birth certificates was correct or not based on above London Visa Office Specific Instructions?
2) In case if 20,000 cap limit is reached, can I contest CIO decision on the returned application along with the re-submission of application to reserve a spot within 20,000 cap?
3) I need to confirm if we need to provide two affidavits for the birth certificates. That is, one from principal applicant and one from spouse?
3) Should I re-submit the same application which was returned? It has the stamp and comments from CIO officer?

Thanks

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Bindu said:
Hi Team,

Is there any email id for CIC where we can send our queires reagrding the delay in AOR for post 26 2011 applicants,I did search the CIC website but could not find any relavent one, was thinking that we can get a concrete answer via email than calling CIC.

Cheers
Bindu
Hi Bindu,

courtesy of Wayne, he drafted a letter on behalf of forumers for sending to CIC. please see page 273 for original of the draft, and summary of comments by members (I will post again for reference).

plan is to send tomorrow or on Monday.

regards,

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Coffee said:
consolidated comments so far, please correct if I am missing anything:

comments summary:

1. Based on the draft letter, it has been assumed that the application package is forwarded to the respective VOs following the Eligibility Review. It may or may not be the case, and perhaps clarification on this would be useful in managing our own expectations. [Temasek]
2. give priority to AOR timing and move section up as item 1 [Coffee]
3. on return fee - to propose to add extra line in the fee payment form whether an applicant wishes to incur extra $xx for faster return (i.e. make this optional) [Coffee]
4. PCC validity clarification (no stays in country after leaving - is PCC still valid if dated more than 3 months) [Cam1234]

are we getting closer to the final draft, dear forumers?

also, how are we posting/sending the letter? as I said, I will send the letter on behalf of participants of our thread from my private mail, but is there a facility with CIC website that allows communication and ensure response? or do we better send it to the attention of Minister directly using e-mail address?
dear Bindi and other members,

any comments other than listed?

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the spreadsheet, but mine is Nov 22 2010, not 2011 :p

Cam1234 said:

Cam1234 Dec 15 2010
Cappuccino Dec 1 2010
Pippin Feb 1 2011
Smiler11 Dec 10, 2011
Jeanne Dec 2 2010
Canada 1 Jan 25 2011
CanadaJimmy Nov 22 2011
JINCYMARAMON Jan 15 2011
Canady Dec 20 2010
Temasek Nov 17 2010
mchowdhury Jan 14 2011
wenstumped Jan 26 2011
Cur-Rozen Feb 2 2011
Kolhapuri Jan 20 2011

canada0801

Sep 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Transferred to NYC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-10-2010 CC Charged.........: 03-11-2010
Doc's Request.
submitted with application; new PCC resubmitted with MR
AOR Received.
02-17-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
received by Buffalo VO >> transfer to NYC
Med's Request
01-29-2012
Med's Done....
03-16-2012
Interview........
tbd
Passport Req..
tbd
VISA ISSUED...
tbd
LANDED..........
tbd
Are there any kind of press releases or anything published by CIC anywhere that would indicate when are they going to be issuing AOR ?

I think the toll free number people who posted here call is not a direct CIC line but a contractor. If latter is the case then they may not have any information about processing other than what we all can read on CIC website and the '33 week responce' could be a scripted text and a way of decreasing a call volume (since they don't have an updated info, why encourage more and more callers calling every day and asking what they can't answer to anyway).

If CIC doesn't release any information about current processing and AOR dates then all the guessing game is just that, a guessing game.

I won't wager a bet about AOR in absence of any valid evidence of current processing times :)

But the more i read the posts about former applicants who are now landed in Canada and those who falied, the clearer picture i get of a set of requirements and the general patterns of processing.

Based on what i understand and know so far the only wager i can bet is the likelyhood of our own applications' passing eligibility, getting AOR, medicals and a subsequent visa stamp in a passport.

Aside from that, the only other thing that is possible to predict with somewhat acceptable accuracy of probability is the overall length of processing, which i think shouldn't exceed 1 year for many applicants since the time of application.

Good luck to all.

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Wayne, thanks again for the original draft. could you please also have a look at para 4 regarding PCC that I drafted, your help as a native English speaker (and more writer :) will be greatly appreciated!

dear members,

please contribute to bringing the below public document to the final draft before sending to CIC.

Temasek, I am not sure if I captured well your idea, can you please share with proposed amendment to the draft?

thanks,

Coffee

Dear Sirs,

I am writing on behalf of a sizable number of Federal Skilled Worker Category 1 (FSW1) applicants who share a public forum and have applied for Permanent Residence to Canada on or after 26th June 2010.

We are wondering if you could please consider clarifying the following questions which we have compiled regarding the immigration process under this category since the new rules were introduced?

Since these questions have been frequently asked in our forum and represent the concerns of many applicants, could we please also ask you to consider adding the questions and their answers to the Frequently Asked Questions section of your website if you think there is sufficient value and merit?

We believe this will help clarify things for many post June 26th 2010 applicants and therefore help reduce phone calls and queries to CIC.

We are very grateful to you for considering us for immigration to Canada, so please take our request for information in the spirit we intend, that we just wish to make things as clear as we can from both sides.

1) Acknowledgment Of Receipt - timelines

We understand that after the eligibility review at CIO is successfully complete, the applicant should expect to be informed by way of an Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR) as their application is forwarded to the visa office for background checks and further processing.

During the past few weeks several members have phoned CIC to enquire on the status of their application. Prior to 19th October they have been told that it would take approximately 10 weeks before they receive an acknowledgment from CIC. Since then, during three past few weeks, many members are now being told it would take 33 weeks. This is obviously a large jump and falls well outside the current estimate of 45 to 90 days to get an AOR.

Can you please tell us why there is now such a long expected delay, since we are under the impression that by removing the 120 day part the application process should have become quicker? Several members have been told by CIC that eligibility reviews have been completed for applications up to the end of September/start of October, yet even the applicants whose application was received at the start of July have yet to receive an AOR.

There are still currently no timelines outlined on the CIC website in this regard, and we believe it will save significant number of unnecessary phone calls of applicants to CIC if some expected timelines can be given.

2) CAP limits

We understand the current process is that on receipt of an application it undergoes a completeness check. If that is successful, the funds are encashed and the application then goes through an eligibility review, prior to the applicant being informed and the application being forward to the visa office.

We note you have now published some figures on the CIC web site, which is being updated every few days, regarding how many applications have been received as counting towards the cap for each NOC.

Where there great confusion is - do these figures published on the CIC website represent those applications which have only passed the completeness check, or which have also passed an eligibility review? Several parts of your website elude to the phrase "considered for processing" but it is unclear at which side of the eligibility review these applications are being counted.

3) Returned applications

Several of our forum members have reported that their application has been returned prior to encashment of funds, but that they have only just learnt about this and they have never received the application back. They now have to go through the timely and costly process of re-printing their application and re-gathering all their supporting documentation in order that they can submit another application.

We understand that standard Canada post in Canada and local standard post in the applicant's country are being used to return applications, but this is evidently leading to some applications being lost, which has led to a lot of distress for a few of our forum members. May we respectfully suggest an amendment to the process, that as part of the processing fees with the initial application an option for returns fee is included with the fee payment so that a courier may be used to return important documents such as the originals which are included in our applications? Such a fee would be much smaller than cost of having to re-compile the application if original documents are lost in transit using traditional post.

There are also growing concerns amongst our forum members of identity theft/fraud if their applications with such a large quantity of personal information is lost in the post.

4) Police clearance certificates

Police clearance certificates (PCC) are valid for 3 months from issue date. Whilst it takes from 1 week to 6 months to obtain PCCs, some applicants never visited again certain countries where they spent more than 180 days. Could you please clarify if PCCs from countries that the applicant never entered again and dated more than 3 months from the date of issue remain valid for immigration application purposes?

Any clarification you can give us regarding the above would be greatly appreciated ([size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]especially AOR![/size][/size][/size][/size] I will remove this AOR joke part, my bit of emotions).
Best wishes,
X

CanadaJimmy

Nov 4, 2010
BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
While thats a reasonable letter, it would require responses from a number of different departments within the immigration system, which will probably mean it would be ignored as one letter. Breaking it into 4 separate letters may work better.

harvin

Star Member
Oct 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct-20-2010, CC charged Oct-27-10
IELTS Request
Sent along with app 8.5
File Transfer...
RBVO - Mar-25-11
Coffee said:
Wayne, thanks again for the original draft. could you please also have a look at para 4 regarding PCC that I drafted, your help as a native English speaker (and more writer :) will be greatly appreciated!

dear members,

please contribute to bringing the below public document to the final draft before sending to CIC.

Temasek, I am not sure if I captured well your idea, can you please share with proposed amendment to the draft?

thanks,

Coffee

Dear Sirs,

I am writing on behalf of a sizable number of Federal Skilled Worker Category 1 (FSW1) applicants who share a public forum and have applied for Permanent Residence to Canada on or after 26th June 2010.

We are wondering if you could please consider clarifying the following questions which we have compiled regarding the immigration process under this category since the new rules were introduced?

Since these questions have been frequently asked in our forum and represent the concerns of many applicants, could we please also ask you to consider adding the questions and their answers to the Frequently Asked Questions section of your website if you think there is sufficient value and merit?

We believe this will help clarify things for many post June 26th 2010 applicants and therefore help reduce phone calls and queries to CIC.

We are very grateful to you for considering us for immigration to Canada, so please take our request for information in the spirit we intend, that we just wish to make things as clear as we can from both sides.

1) Acknowledgment Of Receipt - timelines

We understand that after the eligibility review at CIO is successfully complete, the applicant should expect to be informed by way of an Acknowledgment Of Receipt (AOR) as their application is forwarded to the visa office for background checks and further processing.

During the past few weeks several members have phoned CIC to enquire on the status of their application. Prior to 19th October they have been told that it would take approximately 10 weeks before they receive an acknowledgment from CIC. Since then, during three past few weeks, many members are now being told it would take 33 weeks. This is obviously a large jump and falls well outside the current estimate of 45 to 90 days to get an AOR.

Can you please tell us why there is now such a long expected delay, since we are under the impression that by removing the 120 day part the application process should have become quicker? Several members have been told by CIC that eligibility reviews have been completed for applications up to the end of September/start of October, yet even the applicants whose application was received at the start of July have yet to receive an AOR.

There are still currently no timelines outlined on the CIC website in this regard, and we believe it will save significant number of unnecessary phone calls of applicants to CIC if some expected timelines can be given.

2) CAP limits

We understand the current process is that on receipt of an application it undergoes a completeness check. If that is successful, the funds are encashed and the application then goes through an eligibility review, prior to the applicant being informed and the application being forward to the visa office.

We note you have now published some figures on the CIC web site, which is being updated every few days, regarding how many applications have been received as counting towards the cap for each NOC.

Where there great confusion is - do these figures published on the CIC website represent those applications which have only passed the completeness check, or which have also passed an eligibility review? Several parts of your website eludeallude to the phrase "considered for processing" but it is unclear at which side of the eligibility review these applications are being counted.

3) Returned applications

Several of our forum members have reported that their application has been returned prior to encashment of funds, but that they have only just learnt about this and they have never received the application back. They now have to go through the timely and costly process of re-printing their application and re-gathering all their supporting documentation in order that they can submit another application.

We understand that standard Canada post in Canada and local standard post in the applicant's country are being used to return applications, but this is evidently leading to some applications being lost, which has led to a lot of distress for a few of our forum members. May we respectfully suggest an amendment to the process, that as part of the processing fees with the initial application an option for returns fee is included with the fee payment so that a courier may be used to return important documents such as the originals which are included in our applications? Such a fee would be much smaller than cost of having to re-compile the application if original documents are lost in transit using traditional post.

There are also growing concerns amongst our forum members of identity theft/fraud if their applications with such a large quantity of personal information is lost in the post.

4) Police clearance certificates

Police clearance certificates (PCC) are valid for 3 months from issue date. Whilst it takes from 1 week to 6 months to obtain PCCs, some applicants never visited again certain countries where they spent more than 180 days. Could you please clarify if PCCs from countries that the applicant never entered again and dated more than 3 months from the date of issue remain valid for immigration application purposes?

Any clarification you can give us regarding the above would be greatly appreciated ([size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]especially AOR![/size][/size][/size][/size] I will remove this AOR joke part, my bit of emotions).
Best wishes,
X
Please note one change in red color above. I would also include the following w.r.t PCC.

"It takes anywhere from 1 week to 6 months to obtain PCCs. Can you please clarify whether the applicants would be provided with enough time to obtain and submit the PCCs instead of the 3 month timeline that is usually provided? Also, some applicants have never visited again certain countries where they spent more than 180 days in the past. Could you please clarify if PCCs from countries that the applicant never entered again since their last vist and dated more than 3 months from the date of issue remain valid for immigration application purposes?"

C

Cam1234

canada0801 said:
If CIC doesn't release any information about current processing and AOR dates then all the guessing game is just that, a guessing game.

I won't wager a bet about AOR in absence of any valid evidence of current processing times :)
I guess you won't buy a lottery ticket unless you have the winning numbers, I understand... ;)