Toronto,ON
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
21 Jan 2012
dgm said:
although i am not sure if this applies to everybody but my consultant informed me that i won't be able to know whether my bank draft was encashed by CIO already since it it not like a personal check that could be checked wheteher it was encashed or deposited. BDs are as good as cash according to them. not sure how true this is ::) :-\ :'(
Go to your bank(from where u got your BD)...ask them to check whether your BD has been encashed or not...

smunir

Oct 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dr.Hasib said:
[size=10pt]Does it mean it will take 33 weeeks to get first AOR??????????????????????????????????[/size]
YUP..... but it's not 33 weeks.... rather, it's 33 weeks MAX

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
smunir said:
YUP..... but it's not 33 weeks.... rather, it's 33 weeks MAX
So if we're lucky we might get AOR in 32 weeks? ;)
Wayne.

nitroxn

Jul 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8/8/2010
Doc's Request.
8/8/2010 Full docs submitted
IELTS Request
Submitted
Hi Everyone,
This is the latest count on the VISA cap limit. Seems a bit odd because less than 3000 applications have eligible so far. I heard somewhere that CIC receives in excess of 20,000 applications per month. Either the new process that requires complete documentation has deterred applicants or much of the applications are awaiting eligibility review.

Still no word on AOR, probably will get it from regional VO.

http://www.cicnews.com/2010/10/20000-limit-federal-skilled-workers-applications-starting-add-10807.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/total-number-of-federal-skilled-worker-applications-received-by-cic.html

Keep cool everyone....

Coffee

Jul 24, 2010
Moscow
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-08-2010
AOR Received.
1 Dec 2010
IELTS Request
taken and filed
Med's Request
29 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
15 May 2012
Cappuccino said:
So if we're lucky we might get AOR in 32 weeks? ;)
Wayne.
heads up!!!

this story with 33 week and little info sharing (other than publishing 'complete' application info) makes me frustrated.

but, we did our part well (let's hope), and are left with our own communication to CIC and patience.

shall we send out our letter, say, on Thursday?

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Annual Report to Parliament on Immigration

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/pub/immigration2010_e.pdf

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Reading the Report on Immigration, I thought it is a good idea for those who is willing to apply under 1122 and think he will not manage in this year CAP - You can try to go for Territory Nomination. At least in Ontario it is a Priority Specialty!
Just another option for fast migration!

sbo

Mar 2, 2010
Kuwait
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sent Application on May 7,2013
IELTS Request
sent with initial application
Cur-Rozen said:
Reading the Report on Immigration, I thought it is a good idea for those who is willing to apply under 1122 and think he will not manage in this year CAP - You can try to go for Territory Nomination. At least in Ontario it is a Priority Specialty!
Just another option for fast migration!
What do you mean by Territory Nomination? I was planning on applying under NOC 1122, by the end of this month, as I'm still waiting for some docs. But, now I've decided to wait until next year, as I'm sure I wouldn't make through the CAP. What other option do I have to be able to apply this year? What's Territory Nomination? Please explain...Thanks!

indira_prab

Champion Member
Apr 16, 2010
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
2151 - Architects
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16th Oct 2010 BD Encashed...: 25th Oct 2010 PER Received..: 10th Feb 2011
File Transfer...
3rd March 2011 AOR Received.: 11th March 2011
Med's Request
31st March 2011 PCC Request..: 31st March 2011 RPRF Request: 31st March 2011
Passport Req..
31st March 2011 Med's Done....: 6th April 2011 Passports sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF/PCC sent: 7th May 2011 RPRF En-Cashed :17th May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
27th May 2011
LANDED..........
10th Sep 2011
sbo said:
What do you mean by Territory Nomination? I was planning on applying under NOC 1122, by the end of this month, as I'm still waiting for some docs. But, now I've decided to wait until next year, as I'm sure I wouldn't make through the CAP. What other option do I have to be able to apply this year? What's Territory Nomination? Please explain...Thanks!
That's the provincial nomination :) I guess the job offer confirmed by HSRDC is the key to that!

Indira Prabhakaran.

pun123

Mar 22, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2010/2010-11-01a.asp

News Release
Government of Canada announces 2011 immigration plan

Ottawa, November 1, 2010 — The Government of Canada will maintain high immigration levels to help sustain the economic recovery, Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism Minister Jason Kenney announced today upon tabling the annual immigration plan in Parliament.

It is estimated that Canada will welcome between 240,000 and 265,000 new permanent residents in 2011. Sixty percent of these immigrants will come through economic streams.

“Canada’s post-recession economy demands a high level of legal immigration to keep our work force strong,” he said. “At the same time, we are maintaining our commitment to family reunification and refugees.”

Like many other countries with ageing populations and low birth rates, in the not too distant future Canada will not have enough people to keep our work force growing. While the majority of new entrants to our labour force will continue to come from within Canada, without immigration, the size of our work force will shrink. Within the next five years, all of our labour force growth will come from immigration.

Highlights of the 2011 immigration plan include a higher range of admissions for spouses and children in the family category. In keeping with recent reforms to Canada’s refugee system, the 2011 plan also includes an additional 1,125 refugees resettled in Canada as part of the commitment to increase total refugee resettlement by 2,500 over three years. In 2008, the last year for which figures are available, Canada resettled more bona fide refugees than any country but the United States. Canada resettles over one in 10 of the world’s refugees.

“These refugees are selected and screened by Canada, and come here legally,” noted Minister Kenney. “We look forward to giving them a safe, new beginning.”

Within the economic category, the 2011 plan balances projected admissions between federally and provincially selected workers to meet Canada’s national and regional labour market needs. Provincial programs help distribute the benefits of immigrants across the entire country. Twenty-five percent of economic immigrants are now destined for provinces other than Ontario, British Columbia and Quebec, compared to 11 percent in 1997.

The Federal Skilled Worker Program remains a significant portion of the economic category. The program admits a range of workers, including technicians, skilled tradespersons, managers and professionals, who help to supplement the Canadian-born work force.

The annual immigration plan is part of Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s annual report tabled in Parliament by November 1 each year.

doc manu

Star Member
Sep 10, 2010
new delhi
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1st sept 2010
IELTS Request
original send with application
File Transfer...
20th april 2011
Med's Request
10th june 2011
I VE GOTTEN A VERY SHOCKING NEWS ...YESTRDAY I CALLED UP CIO FOR THE STATUS OF MY APPLICATION....MY APPLICATION WAS RECEIVED ON SEP 1ST .....BUT ACCORDING TO THEM DEY VENT RECEIVED ANY APPLICATION BY MY NAME OR DATE OF BIRTH ALTHOUGH I VE THE TRACKING COURIER WHICH CONFIRMS DELIVERY...I ALSO CHECKED MY BANK AND DRAFT IS NT ENCASHED AS WELL ....I FELL SO FRUSTRATED N I DONNO WAT TO DO WHERE THE HELL MY APPLICATION HAS GONE..........

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Coffee said:
heads up!!!

this story with 33 week and little info sharing (other than publishing 'complete' application info) makes me frustrated.

but, we did our part well (let's hope), and are left with our own communication to CIC and patience.

shall we send out our letter, say, on Thursday?

I agree the main frustration here is how little information CIC is giving. Owing to the vast length of time some people in the past have had to wait for Permanent Resident Visas (many years) and some are still awaiting, I think most of us would accept a delay - even an 8 month delay - if CIC gave us valid reasons for introducing such a delay, and informed of us exactly how this new process is going to work.

If the case is that MOST of the grunt work for processing is going to be done by CIC now, then the knock-on effect of this is that very little work will need to be done by the visa office. So this means that although things take longer at CIC that may be balanced out by a shorter process at visa office.

But the fact that CIC are not communicating WHY we should expect such a long anticipated delay is what is most annoying. It could conceivably be 8 months before some people (those who cannot tell when their bank draft is encashed) even know if CIC received their application!

Such poor communication is IMO unacceptable.

Wayne.

C

Cam1234

Bindu said:
Hi Asaif,

Please have a look at the june applicants spread sheet from the link below, they are waiting for the 2nd AOR as per the old process after sending the full doc's to VO .

And please remeber what we see in the forum is just the tip of the iceberg, there is a crowd out there waiting for 2nd AOR and Med request who havent joined any forums

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Av1EkeYofwNIdDAwMGFLZ2VCcUVVcmxKWllJMUt0WHc&hl=en&authkey=CIjkqtYF#gid=0

Also have look at the May 2010 applicants spread sheet

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/ccc?key=tz43u6W2K5-WXcXCi0JUfLw&hl=en#gid=0

Also the applicants from March, April (2010) and pre 2008 applicants are still submitting there full docs to the VO, hope you now agree when I mean there will a flood of full docs to the VO if the post 26/06/2010 AOR's are released this month.

Regards
Bindu
Another good post Bindu, thanks. What those spreadsheets are telling me is that the majority of pre June 26 applicants have received their AORs. I don't think CIO will hold back Post June 26 applicants and flood VOs as you say, rather they should slowly give out a few AORs to the first applications submitted in July, sometime this month... Just my opinion.
Cam

kolhapuri

Oct 2, 2010
Dublin
NOC Code......
Citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
13 Dec 16
Based on Docmanu's horror story, all the people who have not got thier BD's or CC's encashed or are not aware of it due to several reasons (agent or bank not confirming) and have submitted thier application for more than 2 weeks now, CALL CIC NOW.