NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Received 02-09-2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with App.
AOR Received.
21-12-2010 [img]http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc386/hazooma/Maple.gif[/img]
IELTS Request
Sent with App.
mchowdhury said:
I had also called CIO today. It took almost half an hour to finally get through. The agent said the current time is 33 weeks. When I asked whether it was from the time my application reached, or is it from the time payment was encashed/charged -the answer was that it is the time from when the application reached CIO. The agent also mentioned the earlier timeline was 10 weeks, but as of now its 33 weeks for receiving a letter from them but the timeline is subject to change.
The agent was very polite and friendly.

Like most people here, I thought the new rule was going to be 120 days faster than the earlier batch since we already provided all supporting documents! but I guess the review through all these docs would take some time.
I also think 33 weeks is the maximum time limit by which we should receive a letter (informing us whether an application is accepted for further processing or not).
I really hope it happens much earlier than 33 weeks!

This is extremely disappointing. At least they should return the rejected applications so as to give a second chance to reapply. Totally unfair!! I'm really so mad!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It sounds to me that the eligibility test will be either black or white. No chance for the applicant to be asked for further documents or clarification. May God help us!!!

mani5553

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011, 2nd AOR 1st April 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
23rd May 2011
Med's Done....
26th May 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sept 2011
LANDED..........
14th November 2011
I have not been able to come online for the last few days. I created my account after sending my application and somehow couldn't come online because of work obligations. I must admit that I am really confused after going through some posts entered by the members during my absence. So many theories are being floated and everybody is coming up with a new theory or update. Most demotivating one being the 33 Weeks thing ??? I was expecting things to move faster post 26/6 because of changes in rules but the picture is looking bleak right now. I don't really know if we would be receiving AORs in near future or would be hearing directly from VO because we have already submitted all the docs.

But its great to see everybody working as a cohesive unit and trying to bring as many updates as possible and helping new members like me. I hope we all sail through :)

Cheers !!!!

mani5553

Sep 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2010
AOR Received.
8th Feb 2011, 2nd AOR 1st April 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
23rd May 2011
Med's Done....
26th May 2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
23rd May 2011
VISA ISSUED...
23rd Sept 2011
LANDED..........
14th November 2011
OMG ..... applications being returned are getting lost in transit :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

This is shocker of a news ??? ???

apsa4ever

Jul 19, 2010
Hi everyone,
I am really sorry to hear that some applications were returned and my special sympathy with noolan who lost his application
but I just have a few questions:
1- How did you know that your applications were returned?
2-Does CIO call applicants like noolan's brother when they return their applications ?

I am asking because I have a similar situation here as my application was received on 19 July and till now my BD wasn't encashed and when I called CIO they told me that they don't have any information regarding my application and they sent an e-mail with my details and told me that they will come to me after 30 days.
please tell me

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
apsa4ever said:
Hi everyone,
I am really sorry to hear that some applications were returned and my special sympathy with noolan who lost his application
but I just have a few questions:
1- How did you know that your applications were returned?
2-Does CIO call applicants like noolan's brother when they return their applications ?

I am asking because I have a similar situation here as my application was received on 19 July and till now my BD wasn't encashed and when I called CIO they told me that they don't have any information regarding my application and they sent an e-mail with my details and told me that they will come to me after 30 days.
please tell me
Hi ,

Thanks for your kind words...This is how they called my brother, PLZ read page 202....

Dear All,
Today I called CIC. The person who talked to me was extremely friendly. After confirming all details, she told me that she can confirm that they received my application on the 19th of July, but she said she could not see any reason why the CC has not been charged. she was putting me on hold again and again and it looked that she was trying to ask other department about my file, but no luck. This continued for almost 25 minutes. At the end she said that she is gonna send a message to the concerned department, and asked me if i could provide her any contact number. I asked her if it was ok to call my brother, who is in Canada, and she said absolutely!!!so she took my brothers phone number and said that some one is gonna give my brother a call once the status of my file is confirmed. and told me that if you/ your brother do not hear anything from them for 30 days, just give us a call and tell the agent that the last time they sent a message on the 25th of October......
my waiting game continues........

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
nzds05 said:
hi, Noolan

sorry to hear your new, but before it seems that CIC never contact our applicants regarding anything, why did they contact your brother regarding your returning files? did you or your brother ring them first?
the CIC seems still work in the last Century, they contact us only by letter or phone, the best way is email!!. what bloody office.
Hi nzds05, sorry for the late reply. difficult to keep up with the pace of the forum. Read page 202 and you will see that i gave them a call and the person said they are having difficulty locating my application....she wanted my phone number, and i asked if it was ok to call my brother who is in canada, since some time the phone is not very good where I am from and also there is 10 hours time difference btw
me and canada. she took my brother's phone happily and called him yesterday....

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
canady said:
Dear noolan and Go Canada,

I'm terribly sorry for what happened to both of you and to the other guy(i can't remeber his name) for having your applications back. :( :( :(

noolan...so sorry for the loss of your package.What a nightmare!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

If you remember guys, i asked people who were not encashed to call the CIC to verify the matter and i said that there is a possibilty that their package were retuned and lost!!! but no one gave a comment on what i had said(i really don't remeber the page!!!)

Any way,

PLs PLs noolan and Go Canada..reapply...do whatever it takes to reach your goals...never ever give up. We all know that it is a very long very hard way for all of us that needs us to be patient, isistant and confident.No one said it will be easy. We should all insist to break all the barriers infront of us. By the power of God we'll finally do it.

noolan,
I suggest you must immediately send all the documents again even if just photocopies and write a detailed explanation and complainig letter of what happened.They should be fair and reserve your place towards the cap.But make sure to discover the previous mistake and correct it.If you can't take another original result of the IELTS, send a photocopy and make whatever the place where you took the exam(the british council for example) send original copy on your behalf to the CIC even if will be for fees.And explain all this in your letter.

May God help all those who recieved back their application to resnd it and to be accepted. :)
Thanks canady!!! I am gonna re apply. still thinking where to start...

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
canady said:
This is extremely disappointing. At least they should return the rejected applications so as to give a second chance to reapply. Totally unfair!! I'm really so mad!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

It sounds to me that the eligibility test will be either black or white. No chance for the applicant to be asked for further documents or clarification. May God help us!!!
If they are stockpiling all applications - rejected and passed eligibility review - until they reached their cap (and it seems they are getting less applications than they anticipated which is why they seem to have extended it for 33 weeks) then this is both dishonest and unfair. They are introducing arbitary delays that they have no reason to introduce. As Canady says, this leaves candidates no possibility to reapply and fix whatever the application failed for, if it is fixable.

But SOOO many people have reported 33 weeks that the number must have some significance, maybe it's a standard answer from CIC to fob people off and stop them phoning.

Also I agree the number of applications which have been lost seems staggering. 4 or 5 on this thread alone so far, and I think our thread represents what 5% at the most of the total post-June-26 applicants worldwide?

Wayne.

noolan

Star Member
Apr 1, 2009
Cappuccino said:
Hi Noolan,

I am very sorry to hear about this news. This might explain why several people have been waiting for so long without encashment.

The important thing to find out here is did they say WHY they returned your application in the first place? Since your NOC is not 1122 you have strong chance to resubmit an application and to still be accepted, but this is only any good if you can ensure that whatever mistake you made on your original application is not repeated.

Best of luck,
Wayne.
Hi wayne!

my apology for late reply..difficult to keep with the pace of the forum now....They did not say anything why they returned it. The person who called just said that the only info on the system is that it was received on 19th july and returned on the 21st....I am gonna appoint my brother as rep and he is gonna send documents from canada, so if anything is wrong they will return it to him,......and we can take it from there. lets see how it goes....I know 1 million people are waiting ...so many apply everyday, but i will try my best to take my application to the logical end of the process.......we will see.......

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
IRG said:
Guys, my thoughts are - even still the processing time is 8 mths, i think its overall total processing time including final eligibility review and final VO decision, within this time frame we should get our AOR's, and after it will be processed till final decision reached by VO.

I hope thats the way, i dont think they will go back to long years queue again, doesnt make any sense.
I hope and pray that you are right!

carl128

Jul 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-09-2010 and received 08-09-2010; PER received 08-03-2011
AOR Received.
March 31, 2011
IELTS Request
Feb 25, 2011
File Transfer...
RBVO-April1, 2011
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Interview........
May 31, 2011
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
Hopefully in 2011
as of today, some may applicants are still receiving AORs..

Processing Times at Visa Offices in All Regions
ALL REGIONS
30% of cases finalized in: 5 months
50% of cases finalized in: 7 months
70% of cases finalized in: 8 months
80% of cases finalized in:10 months
This was pre 6/26

Now, Why will they anounce that the new MI will fast track the application and reduce the backlog from previous years. I think the 33 weeks is timeframe for us to call once we did not hear anything from them.

My own personal opinion on why upto now theres no AORs yet.

Since we are at the last quarter of the year, they are holding on our applications until november to give time to VO to finish their quota. Because if they will send our papers now then we will be flooding the VO. Imagine the backlogs from 2003-2009. That is why, I think they are still finishing the applicants from march-june. And once we receive the AOR this november or december then it will be smooth ride from then on (hopefully).

Sachin11

Star Member
May 4, 2010
Hello Everyone

Yesterday was a very sad day for me as I received my application pack returned for not submitting my date of birth certificate. I am a July applicant. Can someone tell me the solution as I do not have this certificate for myself and my spouse. They are not considering DOB mentioned in passport and 10th Certificate. I was born at home and birth was not registered with Muncipal Corporation office

Would appreciate if someone can help me in drafting the explanation for the same to cio

Thanks for the help

Regards
Sachin

kathe

Sep 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2010
AOR Received.
17/02/2011
Med's Request
24/05/2011
Med's Done....
27/06/2011 RPRF Sent...:27/06/2011 RPRF Cashed...: 29/06/2011
Passport Req..
14/07/2011 Passport submitted...: 10/08/2011
VISA ISSUED...
18/08/2011
LANDED..........
Soon
Pippin said:
Like Noolan, Berry and others whose fees have not been encashed since their applications arrived in July/August, there are other applicants who have major issues requiring CIO help. If people are incessantly calling Nova Scotia to ask about the 33 weeks, etc. those who have legitimate problems will not get service. Please be grateful that your BD or CC have been charged. Be relieved that you appear to be on your way to the next step. Stop calling CIO and help the really distressed applicants find answers and the peace that you already possess. Thank you.
Totally agree Pippin as supposing that keep calling unless necessary could have impacted on the CIC routine processing activities and might have caused setback.