+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applications after 26/6 in any NOC CONNECT HERE TO GET THE STATUS

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
hi, i am a member of this forum, want to ask somrthing infact i also got email stating to send all original docs and i did that but unfortnately i did not send in university sealed envelope since it was not mentioned in the mail from visa officer just on 10 of july igot letter from visa office stating that heconsider my B.pharm and Mphil docs counterfiet and he gave me 30 days to respond on 31 july i wrote a letter to officier ensuring the originality of docs and as evidence i also sent verified photocopies in sealed envelope of BPharm, MPhil also i sent letter from dean of facult, chairperson and the superviser all of them in sealed envelope , further to potentiate i also added verified photocopies of commulative marksheets of matric and intermediate. todayi saw DHL status that my docshave been recieved by IAN at visa office. i want to ask if thismuchis enough to satisfy visa officer??i cant do more then that since i did not have original docs inmy hand by now.
please comment
regards

Cay_sha

Star Member
Oct 29, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2010
AOR Received.
08-02-2011
IELTS Request
sent - 7.0 band score
File Transfer...
08-02-2011
Med's Request
29-04-2011
Med's Done....
09-05-2011
Passport Req..
28-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-07-2011
LANDED..........
25-04-2012
Anurag said:
Dear friends

I would like to share my Canada Experience with you. I thought it would be good for you too to get to know about Canada and get mentally prepared.

Landed here in March this year and applied for PR card which I received in two months time. This card is required to return to Canada if you are abroad like you came to India and want to go back to Canada then you need this card to board the plane and enter Canada. You all should make sure that photos you send are of wright specifications, in India photographers don't have experience of taking such photos and give us rubbish which is fine for processing but you will get stuck in getting PR card, as these peoples are highly specific.

Got Fido connection and mobile phone on contract. Here you don't pay for the mobile phone its free you just have to sign a contract that you will stick to the connection for two or three years depending upon on the scheme. Not all phones are free like i phones for which you pay few hunderd dollars to get it out of $600 which is its actual cost, the rest amount is waived if you stick to the plans for 3 years. Other mobile services are Roggers, Koodo, Chat-R, Wind, Telus etc. Keeping a mobile phone is not easy its costly. You pay for incoming as well as outgoing and receving text messages too. Moreover Caller Id is not free you pay $7 to get this service so that you get to know who is calling you. A good package with unlimited messages national and international with unlimited talking in a specific area will cost you $35 + taxes. If you use internet then you may add another $40 to your bill, for me its $25 for 500Mb and another $5 for another 500Mb. Its really costly. and in between you can't leave the services of mobile phone due to contract you signed if you break you have to pay $400 ohhh my god. So sign the contract of mobile phone wisely.

Getting a room on rent is easy, you get several bhai from India and can get a basement for $500-650 a month, some include electricity bill while others don't. I paid $50 to get electricity bill transferred to my name and the bill comes somewhere around $ 30. I use token laundry and it takes $2 to wash and $ 3 to dry clothes. For your home you need a vacuum cleaner that may cost $100 or more.

Indian food is available in plenty but I didn't find the taste. it's okay okay type, I buy chole, rajma, palak paneer, baigan bharta, paav bhaji etc instant pak for $1.99 + taxes each. My monthly fooding costs me somewhere around $220 a month and sometimes more when I go out like $13 + taxes for a buffet.

Job market is not good for people like us, our education is not valid here and we have to do credential assement for $270 for various agencies like ICAS, or WES. finding a job in our field is very very difficult moreover to get a job you need canadian experience which all employers ask for (how can we get it, we are not offered a job so how can we gain this experience), few of you think its easy but is not at all. Sitting at home in initial days will bring frustation and I too completely broke down, because you earn nothing and spend so much. Bus ticket for a rout is $3 and pass is in hundred dollars its costly but I have it to go here and there. Keeping a car is not at all easy, u can purchase a car easily for $1000 + depending upon the model, my friend purchased Honda civic for $4500, but friends insurance is in several hundred dollars a month for new users. If u want to drive get Indian plastic card license with international license from local RTO and a letter of verification stating that ur license is genuine. After writing the written test you will get G1 license or learner's license and immediately G2 for road test and then your license. Exam fees is hundred dollars approx. For learning how to drive $25/ class is charged by few indians who teach here.

I didn't get job in my field and many many many are here its same with everyone except those who have big links and good references. For ordinary people like me its difficult. So, what I did is to take up labour jobs, hard physical work which many of us think is very easy but its not. Unlike India for 8 hrs you have to work fastly and seriously otherwise you are fired the next day. I earn $10.25 per hour and maximum for other labours working for several several years is $11-12 per hr. and you work for 40 hrs a week, and 8 hrs a day from Mon to friday and when on saturdays and sundays u think to go out you find shopping malls closed as they open for a short period on weekends.

So overall from my point of view I enjoy quality life but not money wise

I earn $2000 by working in two shifts and get $1600 after tax deduction.

$1600 my salary - $100 for mobile and internet bill - $600 room rent - $200 food - $ 120 bus pass - $ 25 electricity bill - $ 25 clothes washing - $50 if you eat out = I actually save $480 which is equivalent to indian rupees 24000. with this many many like me can't purchase own home ever here and can't send anything back to home. Only thing I want to say in this paragraph life is very hard unlike what many of us think and is not cakewalk.

bye think twice.

Hi

I landed 3 months ago. I live in Montreal. I did a lot of reaserch before i landed so i knew that at least the first year will be very hard. I was prepared for that i won't be working until i learn french. My husband has a job - it's a labour job, but he also knew that at the beginning it will be like this. He earns 15 CAD/hour. He works 8 hours a day/5 days a week. We've rentend an apartment - more expensive that we thought - it's 1100 CAD/month. But we have two children and i wanted them to live in good conditions and friendly environment. Also schools are better in the neighbourhood that we live in. Before we came here i've done some reaserch about banking market and i've chosen a bank - thanks to this we both got unsecured credit cards when we came here, so we've started to built our credit history immidiately - but first i made an appointment in my bank and talk about "how to build the best credit history". Thanks to this, after 1,5 month, we got a credit to buy a car - for newcomers (we could buy it for cash, but we wanted to built more credit history). Actually - we need to buy another one because with two children and totally different places of mine and my husbands daily destination, with one car will be very difficult.
Insurance isn't cheap - that's true. But i compared different offers, called insurance broker and find the right one for us (760 CAD for the FIRST ALL YEAR - the next year will be cheaper). I failed my first driving test :( but i have another one at August 28th i now i know what to do to pass it :)

One of the firs thing i've done after landing, was a visit in local Integration Center for Immigrants. They:
1. Gave me all forms for child and tax benefits - thanks to this, now we have over 1000 CAD/month extra income.
2. Helped me to register in full time french course - thanks to this i'll have extra 460 CAD/month income + they pay for my daugters day care (so its another 150 CAD/month extra for us).
3. When i finish my french (or in any time if i want - they'll give me an "mentor" - he'll be searching a job with me - he'll help me with proper preparing documents for employers and wiht preparations to interviews. It will be "one to one" actice search and i know in person people who had find their jobs in their fields within three months.

Before i came here, i knew that i won't be working while learning french (that's about 15 months) so i did everything i could to secure as much extra income for my family as it's possible.

I don't need an internet in my cell. I signed three years contract with my wireless operator - the first two months i paid about 80 CAD/month for TWO cell line (mine and my husbands). But i've done more research, my husband registered his own company (his employer requires that, but it's actually good because tax reduction is very small). Right now i pay 48 CAD/month for TWO cell lines (with - it's business plan with extra discounts and it's fully suficient for both of us (250 voice minutes, Call & name display, Voicemail and many others i only pay extra for international text messages, but generally i use Skype to communicate with my family and friends).

I got a monthly plan in HYDRO - thanks to this i pay less for elektricity.

I also knew that i'll need an evaluation of my education done outside Quebec if i want to think about good job and i secured money for that. Evaluation costs 109 CAD in Quebec, but i 've paid 500 CAD for translations. It takes a few months and will be done while i'll be learning french.

I don't say that it's paradise - it's not. It's very hard actually. But i was prepared for that and i know that in a few years i won't regret decision about living in Canada. I also know that for my children - it's one of the best things that i could give them.

PA5510N

Oct 21, 2011
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2009
VISA ISSUED...
12-07-2013
LANDED..........
In Sha Allah on 03/09/2013
Cay_sha said:
Hi

I landed 3 months ago. I live in Montreal. I did a lot of reaserch before i landed so i knew that at least the first year will be very hard. I was prepared for that i won't be working until i learn french. My husband has a job - it's a labour job, but he also knew that at the beginning it will be like this. He earns 15 CAD/hour. He works 8 hours a day/5 days a week. We've rentend an apartment - more expensive that we thought - it's 1100 CAD/month. But we have two children and i wanted them to live in good conditions and friendly environment. Also schools are better in the neighbourhood that we live in. Before we came here i've done some reaserch about banking market and i've chosen a bank - thanks to this we both got unsecured credit cards when we came here, so we've started to built our credit history immidiately - but first i made an appointment in my bank and talk about "how to build the best credit history". Thanks to this, after 1,5 month, we got a credit to buy a car - for newcomers (we could buy it for cash, but we wanted to built more credit history). Actually - we need to buy another one because with two children and totally different places of mine and my husbands daily destination, with one car will be very difficult.
Insurance isn't cheap - that's true. But i compared different offers, called insurance broker and find the right one for us (760 CAD for the FIRST ALL YEAR - the next year will be cheaper). I failed my first driving test :( but i have another one at August 28th i now i know what to do to pass it :)

One of the firs thing i've done after landing, was a visit in local Integration Center for Immigrants. They:
1. Gave me all forms for child and tax benefits - thanks to this, now we have over 1000 CAD/month extra income.
2. Helped me to register in full time french course - thanks to this i'll have extra 460 CAD/month income + they pay for my daugters day care (so its another 150 CAD/month extra for us).
3. When i finish my french (or in any time if i want - they'll give me an "mentor" - he'll be searching a job with me - he'll help me with proper preparing documents for employers and wiht preparations to interviews. It will be "one to one" actice search and i know in person people who had find their jobs in their fields within three months.

Before i came here, i knew that i won't be working while learning french (that's about 15 months) so i did everything i could to secure as much extra income for my family as it's possible.

I don't need an internet in my cell. I signed three years contract with my wireless operator - the first two months i paid about 80 CAD/month for TWO cell line (mine and my husbands). But i've done more research, my husband registered his own company (his employer requires that, but it's actually good because tax reduction is very small). Right now i pay 48 CAD/month for TWO cell lines (with - it's business plan with extra discounts and it's fully suficient for both of us (250 voice minutes, Call & name display, Voicemail and many others i only pay extra for international text messages, but generally i use Skype to communicate with my family and friends).

I also knew that i'll need an evaluation of my education done outside Quebec if i want to think about good job and i secured money for that. Evaluation costs 109 CAD in Quebec, but i 've paid 500 CAD for translations. It takes a few months and will be done while i'll be learning french.

I don't say that it's paradise - it's not. It's very hard actually. But i was prepared for that and i know that in a few years i won't regret decision about living in Canada. I also know that for my children - it's one of the best things that i could give them.
its really good experience.. please keep posting .. wish you best of luck and you will achieve your goals

kassiopeq

Aug 11, 2011
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/02/2012 (cc charged 06/03/2012)
Nomination.....
PER: 12-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Hello everyone,

I have a question for you. If either my husband (primary on our application) or I find a job in Canada, while awaiting our application to be evaluated, can we apply for the temp. work permit and await the decision on our FSW application in Canada, while working?????

Just wondering,

Kassiopeq

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
kassiopeq said:
Hello everyone,

I have a question for you. If either my husband (primary on our application) or I find a job in Canada, while awaiting our application to be evaluated, can we apply for the temp. work permit and await the decision on our FSW application in Canada, while working?????

Just wondering,

Kassiopeq
Sure!! You can do that I think. Also, You will have to update the immigration office with your new job offer so that it is a gaarantee approval on your application (till medicals). I came to canada on WP and applied for PR in FSW category. I kept on extending my WP so far. What I want to say is, WP and PR are two different areas and wont have a conflict. This is my opinion though.

Thanks,
satya.

kassiopeq

Aug 11, 2011
US
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/02/2012 (cc charged 06/03/2012)
Nomination.....
PER: 12-03-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with App
Thanks Satya,
I thought that might be the case, yet I was not 100% sure.

Thanks again,
Kassiopeq

Kolkata_27

Jun 20, 2011
Gujarat, India.
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=blue][b]N[/b]ew [b]D[/b]elhi[/color]
NOC Code......
[color=blue][b]1122[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]SEP/2010[/b]
AOR Received.
[color=blue][b]PER - JAN/2011[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[b][color=blue]Ecas -- in process with date (x-dec-2011) [color=brown]Off ...[color=green]ON without address... [color=red]Off again... [color=green] On again as it was[/color][/b]
SatishMan said:
Dear Friends,

I am back after a long time with good news that i cleared my G driving licence within two months i landed to canada and i know that its the first requirement over here.

Regards
Satish
Share more things plz...
Like rent, mobile cost, car & insurance cost, health ins cost
And about JOB......PLZ
THANKS

Kolkata_27

Jun 20, 2011
Gujarat, India.
Category........
Visa Office......
[color=blue][b]N[/b]ew [b]D[/b]elhi[/color]
NOC Code......
[color=blue][b]1122[/b][/color]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[b]SEP/2010[/b]
AOR Received.
[color=blue][b]PER - JAN/2011[/b][/color]
Med's Request
[b][color=blue]Ecas -- in process with date (x-dec-2011) [color=brown]Off ...[color=green]ON without address... [color=red]Off again... [color=green] On again as it was[/color][/b]
Thanks for info....
plz keep posting...... +1

IRG

Oct 7, 2010
Dublin
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Sept 2010
Doc's Request.
submitted all originals
AOR Received.
PER - 24 Jan 2011
File Transfer...
ECAS - RBVO 3 March 2011, In Process - 4 Oct 2011
Med's Request
11 Oct 2011, Med Forms Reissued 24 Apr 2012
Med's Done....
Signed by DMP-28 Apr 2012, Sent to LVO-14 May 2012, Delivered to LVO 18 May12, ECAS line added-18 June 12
Passport Req..
4 JUL 2012, Passports sent 20 JUL 2012
VISA ISSUED...
16 Aug 2012, COPR recieved 23 Aug 2012 (visa exempt)
Cay_sha said:
Hi

Cay Sha, thats very good experience!!!
Well done you! Thanks for sharing your story, very encouraging !!!
Wish you best of luck! ;) :)

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
I've been away for a while.

Just had a son late June. I have submitted update documents to London VO.

We are awaiting our son's medical request. We received ours in March.

Congrats to all who have received visas.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Advance123 said:
I've been away for a while.

Just had a son late June. I have submitted update documents to London VO.

We are awaiting our son's medical request. We received ours in March.

Congrats to all who have received visas.
Congratulations advanced. I am delighted at the arrival of your son. Trust both mother and the baby are doing fine. Are you still in naija or back in the UK. We'll be landing in 2 weeks by God's grace. I'll keep the forum updated how we get on.

9j

agshaheryar

May 24, 2012
Faisalabad
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
AOR Received.
24-12-2009
IELTS Request
Sent with Full Docs
File Transfer...
30-06-2010
Med's Request
16-03-2012
Med's Done....
26-04-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR1 01-11-2012 & PPR2 16-11-2012
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2012
LANDED..........
April 02, 2013
9jcanada, wish you happy landing. It would be helpful for many your experience in Canada. Pray for all of us who are still waiting.

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
9jcanada said:
Congratulations advanced. I am delighted at the arrival of your son. Trust both mother and the baby are doing fine. Are you still in naija or back in the UK. We'll be landing in 2 weeks by God's grace. I'll keep the forum updated how we get on.

9j
Thanks very much 9j. I was in Naija in February but I've been back since to expect my son and complete this application.

Mother and child are fine.

I wish you safe landing and please keep in touch.

asyed97

Star Member
Dec 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july 05 2011
AOR Received.
sep 07 2011
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
july 2012
Med's Request
Nov 7 2013
Med's Done....
Nov 22 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
Feb 17 2014
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Hi,

I applied in July 2011 from USA and got PER in September and still waiting to hear from visa office, my issues is we recently moved and since my son's passport was expiring in August 2012,I got it renewed and want to update the information, but don’t know where to send the information since the Buffalo visa office is closed (Ottawa, Detroit or New York) or shall I wait till I hear something from the visa office.

Any suggestions and help will be appreciated
Thank you

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
agshaheryar said:
9jcanada, wish you happy landing. It would be helpful for many your experience in Canada. Pray for all of us who are still waiting.
Thanks. I'll surely update the forum on our experience. I pray for speedy processing with your application.

9j