Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
Dr.Hasib said:
hey Shalom,
how r u doing? where are u staying? Vancouver or toronto? 8)
I live in Brampton, Ontario. its not far from Toronto.
What about you?
Best wishes mate.

CHHOTTI

Aug 8, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/11
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
30/11/2010
AOR Received.
23/03/2011 & 2nd AOR - 29/04/11 dt. 19/04/11
IELTS Request
sent in original- 6
File Transfer...
04/04/2011 actual recd..by vo......e-case changed to in process 06/04/12 and line added "started processing on 03/04/12
Med's Request
26/7/2012
Interview........
By grace of god got it cleared on 13/6/12
Passport Req..
Email dt. 17/10/12 and hard copy receive 19/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
November 2012
LANDED..........
whenever the right time will come by grace of GOD - plan for March 2013
edwin_joshy said:
Hi Ritu,

In India, they will give back the old passport after cancelling it and you will get the new passport within 2-7 days
(Some times you will get it on the same day itself) under the tatkal scheme. Under Tatkal scheme , police verification is carried out after the issue of Passport and they will issue PCC after getting the verification from police. Alternatively You can get a PCC from the Superintendent of Police in your area for onward submission at VO along with other documents. As your child is a
minor there will not be any problem with verification and all possibly there will not be such verifications.

Edwin
Thanks Edwin and mitali

Shalom1

Nov 7, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
4th Nov 2011
IRG said:
Hi Shalom,
Nice to hear from you, thanks very much, finally its our time))))
How are you? hows your family? have u settled in ok?
Please share your experience, where did you land? how did you get a job? where do you live? did you get childcare, schools....?

My husband did CIIP course yesterday, and they mentioned Wayne Joyce (Cappuccino) as example of successful immigrant )))
IRG,
Its nice hearing from old folks in this forum. I am happy for the progress so far for your family.
We are doing well. We live in Brampton, Ontario (not far from Toronto).

On arrival, we spent almost 2 months with relations and they were nice to us.
The only problem was I did not get the right information to kick start my job search. I have background in finance and investment in the UK. The banking and financial services in Canada are totally different from what is obtainable in UK. It took me about 3 months to get the full details of the provincial and industry regulations in finance. I had to take some exams in order to get my licenses.

I have done four exams for far (3 in insurance and 1 in investment). I did the investment exams this week and hoping to get my result next week.

Though I am not working at the moment, I am already in talk with a bank pending the result of my investment exams which is becoming a benchmark in the banking industry (my opinion).

As per CIIP, I did not find them very useful on arrival on the issue of getting professional jobs. They referred me to an immigrant centre for a 4 months course but I had to pull out as the course was mainly for clerical (junior) positions. They had no idea of what I needed to get my financial licenses. They tried to help anyway.

I think Wayne got a job with the help of lady Cougar's husband. To be honest, CIIP information is relevant just that
they could not give me information I needed for my profession.

My advice: search the regulatory requirements (if any) of your job in the province you intend to land. If I had done that, I would have finished my exams around march and be working by now.
Also bring as much funds as you can. Things are expensive here particularly if you have a family.

You can PM me for any further info.
I wish everyone good luck.

Shalom

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Thanks Satya

satyasuman said:
1) I don't know about Vancouver. But, if its Ontario, it is not possible to do so. You have to be in the country for at least 3 months to apply for health card.
2) I believe so. Because, When you apply for G, they dont ask whether you were in the country or not. Also, keep in mind that there is a driving license exchange program with few countries. If its USA, you can get a G license directly.. provided your current license is at least 2 years old. If it is India, You can get an abstract from DL office and you can get a G2 directly. Most importantly, you dont have to wait for a Year to get G license.
3) Only Citizens of canada can enter into USA without US visa. I hope you understand.

Thanks,
satya.

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
20 June ecas line appeared on 12/july
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
DM on 31/8/12 visa issued on 28th aug 2012
CHHOTTI said:
Hello friends,
I need some advise, my son's passport expiring on 19th July 2012, I am expecting MR anytime now, we are about to file his application as tatkal, is there anyone who had experience in this before , my son is 5+, foes he need police verification or not? How many days it wil take to reissue passport? If we don't have passport at the time is it possible to get medical done or not?
Response in this regard anticipated.
Good luck to all
Ritu
I wonder y u have waited so long for the re-issue....though it is a simple process....relax and apply online under Tatkal scheme Sub-category ---Due to expirt in one year....you must have both the valid passports of parents to be shown at the Passport Seva Kendra....No Police Verification is required in case of minor under Tatkal.....U will get it in Maximum 3 days time if no amendment is required in name or else

apply today online...visit there on monday...and collect it by thursday for sure

relax

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
edwin_joshy said:
Hi Ritu,

In India, they will give back the old passport after cancelling it and you will get the new passport within 2-7 days
(Some times you will get it on the same day itself) under the tatkal scheme. Under Tatkal scheme , police verification is carried out after the issue of Passport and they will issue PCC after getting the verification from police. Alternatively You can get a PCC from the Superintendent of Police in your area for onward submission at VO along with other documents. As your child is a
minor there will not be any problem with verification and all possibly there will not be such verifications.

Edwin
Certainly no police verification is required for mInor...dont forget to take both passports of mother and father

Raj chandigarh

Jul 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
sep 2010
AOR Received.
jan 2011
IELTS Request
with application
File Transfer...
jan 11
Med's Request
june 2012
Med's Done....
Interview........
hope not
Passport Req..
june 2012
VISA ISSUED...
hiparam14 said:
Dear raj,
I am in the same boat as yours, I submitted my PP , RPRF and Medicals on 5th june and my RPRF DD is cleared on 13th june. Medical received line appreared in Ecas on 29th june 12. ANd now waiting for DM.
Do tell me your status.
regards.
No update yet.....i ll check Demand draft status on monday

CHHOTTI

Aug 8, 2010
australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney (Australia)
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27/01/11
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
30/11/2010
AOR Received.
23/03/2011 & 2nd AOR - 29/04/11 dt. 19/04/11
IELTS Request
sent in original- 6
File Transfer...
04/04/2011 actual recd..by vo......e-case changed to in process 06/04/12 and line added "started processing on 03/04/12
Med's Request
26/7/2012
Interview........
By grace of god got it cleared on 13/6/12
Passport Req..
Email dt. 17/10/12 and hard copy receive 19/10/12
VISA ISSUED...
November 2012
LANDED..........
whenever the right time will come by grace of GOD - plan for March 2013
Raj chandigarh said:
Certainly no police verification is required for mInor...dont forget to take both passports of mother and father
Thanks for your inputs friends but me and my husband both are living in Australia but we already sent our passport attested copies, have sent affidavit (in favour of my father in law) duly attested by Indian high commission duly signed by both of us...I really don't know how its functioning now. That guy who is helping my father in law he did not let us know first so when they went on appointed date they ask for certain documents, which they did not have then and Now this person is saying I already sent the request online waiting for date to go to Passport sewa kendra but this person is saying whatever is mentioned online "tatkal application get their passport within 3-5 days", its fake. This person already have rs. 10000 from my father in law... So let's see what he does on Monday.
Thanks a lot
Ritu

maplesyrup8

Dec 3, 2011
Dear All,

Please advise, the LA visa office requested an original and updated letter of reference from my current employer, it must include total annual salary plus benefits and number of hours worked per week. The problem is that my boss did not put them in the letter that she made despite the knowing that these info are asked by the consulate. It will not be easy for me to request for another letter because my boss is not that approachable. Do you think my letter will be OK. They also requested POF, FBI and other police clearance from my home country God bless...

Here is my timeline:
Category........: FSW1
Visa Office......: Buffalo
NOC Code......: 3152
App. Filed.......: Dec 2010
AOR Received.: March-2011
IELTS Request: Submitted with Application
File Transfer...: Los Angeles - April 2012
E Cas............: In Process since 2nd week of June 2012
Med's Request: soon
Med's Done....: soon
Passport Req..: soon
VISA ISSUED...: soon

Thank you friends in advance for your help.

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
08/03/11 (PER - from CIC)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application, Score 8 bands
File Transfer...
07/04/11 (AOR - from VO), RBVO 04/04/11; IP 02/12/11
Med's Request
06/02/12 (MR, RPRF, PCC & PPR)
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
sonu_rp said:
Hi Seniors,

Please guide me to understand GCMS.

I got GCMS on 28.06.2012.

As per the GCMS : They have given me 72 points.

Medical : Passed
Criminality : Passed

But i could not find any BFD's on that even no all the due date also passed.

For Security i am not able to understand , if they have started or not ....No start date, no due date, no status...Only written "Security Screening". What to understand from this please guide.

Regards,
Apologies, Sonu... could not reply to your PM... Please check now

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
RNSS said:
Hi,
I am new at this forum and saw very useful information here. I need advice from friends here. My status changed to in-process in feb 2012 and same till yet. I recently received a letter from CHC London in which they asked for updated docs along with original degrees and transcripts in 60 days. Did they ask it from any of my friends here. I am confused whether I should send the original degrees and transcripts of all education (matric, Intermediate, Bachelors and Masters). Also please advise if it has to be in university sealed envelopes or just normal envelope. They have not mentioned anything about it in their requirements but I wonder what should I do? Please share your experience and was anyone asked about it.
Hi,

I haven't been asked for updated docs like this but I think if you have been asked for originals, undoubtedly you have to send the originals! And if they haven't asked for Uni sealed envelopes then don't bother about it!

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
satyasuman said:
1) I don't know about Vancouver. But, if its Ontario, it is not possible to do so. You have to be in the country for at least 3 months to apply for health card.
2) I believe so. Because, When you apply for G, they dont ask whether you were in the country or not. Also, keep in mind that there is a driving license exchange program with few countries. If its USA, you can get a G license directly.. provided your current license is at least 2 years old. If it is India, You can get an abstract from DL office and you can get a G2 directly. Most importantly, you dont have to wait for a Year to get G license.
3) Only Citizens of canada can enter into USA without US visa. I hope you understand.

Thanks,
satya.
Hi Satya,

Hope you doing fine. Just wanted to add that even if it is India, if one has the letter from respective RTO then you can appear for G directly (the G2 is waived)... one only has one chance though for G... if you fail in that you go back to G2! That's what is the case with me and many of our fellow forumers who are recent newcomers :)

-Bhakti

BhaktiUjjwal

Mar 10, 2011
Toronto, Canada
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
4152 Social Workers
App. Filed.......
01/10/10
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
10/02/12
VISA ISSUED...
2/4/12
LANDED..........
16/5/12
Stuart74 said:
Hey everyone,
Last night my ECAS UPDATED a line, still saying "IN PROCESS" but after clicking that it now has the line "MEDICALS RECEIVED", they were delivered on the 23rd May so took about a month to update.
Now waiting for the next progress!!
Regards
Stuart
Congrats! :)