N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Cappuccino said:
Given that they had reduced the intake of FSW1 applications from hundreds of thousands per year, to a mere 10,000 max per year, one has to wonder why they don't eliminate the backlog by actually processing the damn applications?

Of course I never expected they could clear the backlog in a year, but I had hoped they would be able to make significant gains in reducing it owing to the vastly reduced intake since June 2010.

If they dream up some law to be able to cancel old applications, they will surely have to spend money refunding all the processing fees?

300,000 applications, let's say an average of $1500 processing fees (could be more) = $450,000,000. I know that's only a very rough guess, but that's half a BILLION dollars. Why not spend that money instead on extra resources to tackle and actually process the backlog?

In order not to flood the market with immigrants who do not have in-demand skills, it would of course be necessary to "ease" the backlog into the system. I don't for a minute suggest it would be wise to process the entire backlog in one year, even if CIC had the resources to do so. But since they clearly don't have the resources / ability / motivation to clear the backlog efficiently I don't see this being a problem anyway.

And whereas I agree with the need to prioritize newer applications in order to meet labour market needs, I think cancelling older applications altogether is grossly unfair on those older applicants who applied in good faith, and may not be eligible under the new rules to apply. They have had the patience to wait this long, I think they deserve the courtesy of being processed.

Wayne.
Spot on Wayne. You forgot to add the extra cost of prolonged litigation to your estimate. There is also an extra cost of damaged reputation to the Canadian immigration system. I am not sure what Kenny is playing at here cause immigrants not in the so called demand list are still being admitted into Canada via other streams a la provincial nomination, family reunification etc so, I don't see the problem whit progressive processing of the backlogs over the next few years.

9j

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Cappuccino said:
+1 for the info anyway, dude.

I also find this paragraph interesting:
"What we are going to be encouraging prospective immigrants to do more and more is try to get a job lined up before they get to Canada. And that will allow us to help bring them in very quickly in the future. So the doors are always going to be open," he said.

Is that an indication that they may be considering eliminating FSW1 altogether, so you cannot come to Canada without a job offer?

Wayne.
Anyone familiar with the Canadian skilled worker PR programme over the last few years can not say they didn't see that coming. We may be witnessing the last call for the FSW1 mate.

9j

maneee26

Star Member
Oct 3, 2010
chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
New AEO sent on-27.10.2011
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
14.02.2012- medical line added on-25.02.2012
Interview........
waived.... decision made: 23.04.12
Passport Req..
31.01.2012 - PP/PCC sent on-15.02.2012
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
july first week
Dear canadestin,

These are my details

Application received on december-14, 2010
PER received on 7 march 2011
AOR received on 3 April 2011
started processing on DEC 2, 2011
MR/PP/PCC/RPRF request on 31 jan 2012
Medical done 14 feb, 2012
PP,PCC,RPRF,MR COPY SENT ON 14 FEB 2012
DOCS reached on 15 feb 2012
Medical received line added on 25 FEB 2012
STILL ecas status is In Process
till now RPRF DD is not encashed

When can i expect my visa......

kinjal

Jun 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
8 th august-2011
Doc's Request.
All doc received on 8th August-2011
AOR Received.
PER- on 3rd November- NDVO AOR confirm by e-mail on 23rd Jan-2012
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Request
MR, RPRF and PP request on 03-02-2012
Med's Done....
Med done on 10-02-2012; MR, RPRF and PP Reached at NDVO 20/02/2012
Passport Req..
PP required on03-02-2012; 23-03-2012 e-cas: DM
LANDED..........
Very Soon
few members (timeline almost same as u r ) received new address in their e-cas status....u can expect ur PP back in a month...best luck

maneee26 said:
Dear canadestin,

These are my details

Application received on december-14, 2010
PER received on 7 march 2011
AOR received on 3 April 2011
started processing on DEC 2, 2011
MR/PP/PCC/RPRF request on 31 jan 2012
Medical done 14 feb, 2012
PP,PCC,RPRF,MR COPY SENT ON 14 FEB 2012
DOCS reached on 15 feb 2012
Medical received line added on 25 FEB 2012
STILL ecas status is In Process
till now RPRF DD is not encashed

When can i expect my visa......

spicey

Champion Member
May 11, 2011
I WILL SOON MISS PARAMVIR FROM THIS THREAD

ALSO WILL MISS DAASH IN THIS STYLE

PLEASE CANADASTINE!!! PLEASE ALWAYS CHECK US OUT

MITALI! MITALI!! MITALI!!!

C

Cam1234

Advance123 said:
The Canadian government is considering cancelling all the backlog applications.

Danger for all old applicants.

Read

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2012/03/07/pol-immigration-backlog-kenney.html
Hi Advance123:

Hope all is well. The question becomes, are post June 2010 applicants considered part of the backlog they are talking about?

Cam

satyasuman

Aug 8, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo- Transferred to NewYork VO
NOC Code......
2171/2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
File Transfer...
23-04-2012 to NY Visa Office
Med's Request
17-07-2012
Med's Done....
13-07-2012; Sent to CIC on Aug 3. Received by CIC on Sep 5
Passport Req..
1-10-2012 - Email; Passports sent on Oct 26 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
5-11-2012 - Received passports on Nov 6 2012
LANDED..........
7-11-2012.
Hello Folks,

This post is for people who are in US and working on h1 visa.

Folks,
I just found last night that people who are in US, working on H1 visa are eligible to apply for a provincial program PR's in Alberta and getting PR's in just 2 to 3 months. I have a friend who is in alberta and he told me this last night that few of his team mates just came from US like that. So, think about it. I am planning to do some research on this as well because I worked in US too. So, If any one has any info on this, please share it.

Thanks,
satya.

thebeast184

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2011
Calgary, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted with App
AOR Received.
FEB 2011
IELTS Request
Submitted w App
Med's Request
Aug 2012
Med's Done....
Sep 2012
Passport Req..
Oct 2012
VISA ISSUED...
NOV 2012
LANDED..........
JAN 2013
Alberta canceled the H1 Program in 2010. I was going to apply under that stream initially

Rod

satyasuman said:
Hello Folks,

Folks,
I just found last night that people who are in US, working on H1 visa are eligible to apply for a provincial program PR's in Alberta and getting PR's in just 2 to 3 months. I have a friend who is in alberta and he told me this last night that few of his team mates just came from US like that. So, think about it. I am planning to do some research on this as well because I worked in US too. So, If any one has any info on this, please share it.

Thanks,
satya.

chetana

Star Member
Oct 3, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2010
Doc's Request.
Bd encashment 15-10-2010,PCC submitted with application
AOR Received.
9th Feb,2011
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
3rd March,2011 changed to in process on 17th March
VISA ISSUED...
10th MAY 2011
Dear old friend, i am going to land toronto on 15 March.please,tell me formalities before landing like any forms,docs,etc.cheers

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Cam1234 said:
Hi Advance123:

Hope all is well. The question becomes, are post June 2010 applicants considered part of the backlog they are talking about?

Cam
I believe the backlog will consist of the pre February 28 2008 applicants more than any other.

Post June 26 2010 applicants are being processed according to new regulations. I believe they are finding it difficult to integrate earlier applications into the new process.

Whichever way, it would be a very unfortunate circumstance for whoever is affected.

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your friend gave you old news about AINP (AINP end on Aug 23, 2010):

http://www.albertacanada.com/immigration/immigrating/ainp-srs-US-visa-holder-criteria.aspx

U.S. Visa Holder criteria

The AINP is currently not accepting applications under the AINP U.S. Visa Holder Category. Applications postmarked after August 23, 2010 will be returned to you. Applications postmarked on or before August 23, 2010 that meet all program criteria will be accepted for processing and will be processed according to AINP Processing Times.

The criteria below will be used to assess applications submitted on or before August 23, 2010.

The criteria for the U.S. Visa Holder Category (includes but is not limited to):

•You must intend to and be able to live and work permanently in Alberta.
•You must be currently working in the United States and possess a valid visa in one of the following temporary skilled worker visa categories: H-1B, H-1B1, H-1C, E-3 at the time the AINP makes a final decision on the application.
•You must have a minimum of one year of work experience in the United States in one of the qualifying visa categories listed above.
•Your current occupation must be on the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category. This list is reviewed regularly and occupations may be added or removed based on Alberta's current labour market needs.
◦To determine whether your occupation is under pressure in Alberta, you should first go to the National Occupational Classification (NOC) website to determine the four-digit NOC code that best matches your current job description in the U.S.
◦You should then consult the AINP Occupations Under Pressure List for the Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category to find out if your four-digit NOC code is on the list.
If your application does not meet AINP criteria, it will be declined. If your application is not complete, it will be returned to you and you cannot reapply as the AINP is currently not accepting applications under the U.S. Visa Holder Category.

Meeting the criteria listed above does not guarantee a nomination or permanent residence.

Eligible applications under this category are processed as per our regular processing times unless the Candidate has a job offer in Alberta (see below).

Candidates with a job offer in Alberta
Eligible candidates with a valid job offer in Alberta will receive priority processing.

•Proof of a valid job offer is your employment contract or offer of employment letter from an Alberta Employer for full-time employment within the Province of Alberta. The job offer must be in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A or B) in a field related to your current occupation in the U.S. and to your post-secondary education. The document must be on the official letterhead of the Alberta Employer you will be working for and signed by an authorized representative of the company.
•The Alberta Employer must be incorporated or registered by or under an act of the legislature of a province or the Parliament of Canada and operating as a business that has an established production capability, plant or place of business in Alberta.
•If you submit an invalid or fraudulent job offer, the AINP will decline your application.
How to submit your job offer
•If you submitted an application to the AINP on or before August 23, 2010, please mail or fax a copy of your job offer, job description, and your AINP file number to:
Strategic Recruitment Stream – U.S. Visa Holder Category
Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program
Suite 940, Telus Plaza North Tower
10025 Jasper Avenue
Edmonton, AB T5J 1S6
Fax: (780) 427- 6560
Note: If you have don't have a file number, include the date you submitted your application to AINP.

OMM

satyasuman said:
Hello Folks,

Folks,

Thanks,
satya.

9jcanada

Champion Member
Oct 16, 2010
Calgary Alberta
App. Filed.......
12/01/2011
AOR Received.
10/06/2011
Med's Request
09/02/2012
Med's Done....
14/02/2012
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
26/03/2012
VISA ISSUED...
04/05/2012
LANDED..........
August 2012
Advance123 said:
I believe the backlog will consist of the pre February 28 2008 applicants more than any other.

Post June 26 2010 applicants are being processed according to new regulations. I believe they are finding it difficult to integrate earlier applications into the new process.

Whichever way, it would be a very unfortunate circumstance for whoever is affected.
Given the speed at which some VOs (Buffalo, Accra...) are processing the so called "new applications", it won't be long before many applications become backlogged as well.

9j

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Hi edwin,

Thank you. Based on your advise I applied for DL extract for my wife in Bangalore & got it.
I have applied in Mysore for myself & waiting.
The fee is only Rs.10/-

mycan

edwin_joshy said:
Mycan

you may apply on white paper..
but should provide a true copy of your driving license. fee has to be paid , around Rs 50 only (may differ in Karnataka)

Edwin

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
chetana said:
Dear old friend, i am going to land toronto on 15 March.please,tell me formalities before landing like any forms,docs,etc.cheers
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t36735.0.html

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Well said boss.
Atleast they should show that min courtesy for backlogs.
They may do anything of future applicants.

Cappuccino said:
Given that they had reduced the intake of FSW1 applications from hundreds of thousands per year, to a mere 10,000 max per year, one has to wonder why they don't eliminate the backlog by actually processing the damn applications?

Of course I never expected they could clear the backlog in a year, but I had hoped they would be able to make significant gains in reducing it owing to the vastly reduced intake since June 2010.

If they dream up some law to be able to cancel old applications, they will surely have to spend money refunding all the processing fees?

300,000 applications, let's say an average of $1500 processing fees (could be more) = $450,000,000. I know that's only a very rough guess, but that's half a BILLION dollars. Why not spend that money instead on extra resources to tackle and actually process the backlog?

In order not to flood the market with immigrants who do not have in-demand skills, it would of course be necessary to "ease" the backlog into the system. I don't for a minute suggest it would be wise to process the entire backlog in one year, even if CIC had the resources to do so. But since they clearly don't have the resources / ability / motivation to clear the backlog efficiently I don't see this being a problem anyway.

And whereas I agree with the need to prioritize newer applications in order to meet labour market needs, I think cancelling older applications altogether is grossly unfair on those older applicants who applied in good faith, and may not be eligible under the new rules to apply. They have had the patience to wait this long, I think they deserve the courtesy of being processed.

Wayne.