No till now no communication

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
mats said:
Hi friends,can some give me the details about how many days to stay to get the citizenship and how much time I can manage to stay out of Canada after the landing without endagering the possibility of getting the citizenship etc.Even the link to this information will do.
Hi,

U need to be in canada for at least 2 years in 5 years and file taxes for all five years to make sure that you do not loose PR status.

Also, you need to be in canada for at least 3 years out of 4 years and file taxes for all 4 years to be eligible to apply for citizenship test.

Param

AUA

Aug 2, 2011
United Kingdom
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2011. Application Received: 12-09-2011
Doc's Request.
Sent with Doc.
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
PER: 12-12-2011
IELTS Request
sent with Doc.
File Transfer...
None Updated spouse: 27-02-2012 Send PCC and BD: 14-05-2012, Updated new baby: 13-06-2012. ECAS Status show "We Started Processing Your Application on": 15-08-2012
Med's Request
20-08-2012. Med's Received: 23-08-2012
Med's Done....
23-08-2012 RPRF Dlved to LVO:30-08-2012 Med's Dlved to LVO:04-09-2012 Med's Received: 15-09-2012 on ECAS
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-09-2012. Decision Made: 21-09-2012 Submitted Passport in Person: 25-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
01/11/2012
actungbabyk said:
Dear forum member, my friends

Happy to share with you guys, by the grace of the almighty god, we received our passports back with maple leaf stamped in it along with COPR and instructions. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we are excited and on the top of the world. Believe its party time now.... :p :p :p :p

All the best to all waiting for the good news....

Thank you all for the support and guidance.

Thank you all..

Congratulation, am very excited for you and your family.

I hope you have fun my dear.

Cheerrrrrrrrrrrrrrsssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.............

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
KumarSri77 said:
Hello, I got my request for medicals and PCC letter this week. Please advise how much time the NDVO will retain our passports for before they return it with the stamped visas.

Thanks

Kumar
;D
Hi,

NDVO can take anything between 15 days to 6 months, depending on how quickly CSIC gives you criminality check clearance.

Param

mats

Nov 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-01-2011
AOR Received.
18-03-2011
Med's Done....
18-03-2012
Passport Req..
Sent 19-03-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Mar-2012
LANDED..........
12-July-2012
Hi Param,when is the start date for this 5 yr.
Let me give you a hypothetical situation.
I did Medicals in let say 01-Jan-12.I get PR in 31-Jan-12.I do the landing on 15-Feb-12.I exit from Canada by 01-Mar-12 and stay out of Canada till 01-Mar-14 and be inside Canada from 01-Mar-14 to 01-Mar-17.Is that fine for me to apply for the citizenship? Or do you see a problem.
So which date would be the start date for the 5 year?

Paramvir said:
Hi,

U need to be in canada for at least 2 years in 5 years and file taxes for all five years to make sure that you do not loose PR status.

Also, you need to be in canada for at least 3 years out of 4 years and file taxes for all 4 years to be eligible to apply for citizenship test.

Param

geribubaboy

May 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
[move][color=green]Rome[/color][/move]
NOC Code......
[move][color=purple]4021[/color][/move]
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
[move][color=blue]03.12.2010[/color][/move]
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
[move][color=green]17.12.2010[/color][/move]
Med's Request
[move][color=green]***02. 2012***[/color][/move]
Med's Done....
[move][color=green]***03.2012***[/color][/move]
Passport Req..
[move][color=green]***04. 2012[/color][move]
VISA ISSUED...
[move][color=green] May 2012[/color][/move]
LANDED..........
[move][b][color=red]June 2012[/color][/b][/move]
mats said:
I did Medicals in let say 01-Jan-12.I get PR in 31-Jan-12.I do the landing on 15-Feb-12.I exit from Canada by 01-Mar-12 and stay out of Canada till 01-Mar-14 and be inside Canada from 01-Mar-14 to 01-Mar-17.Is that fine for me to apply for the citizenship? Or do you see a problem.
Read this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp
Regards

samar1233

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
actungbabyk said:

Happy to share with you guys, by the grace of the almighty god, we received our passports back with maple leaf stamped in it along with COPR and instructions. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

we are excited and on the top of the world. Believe its party time now.... :p :p :p :p

Thank you all..
Congrats

samar1233

Star Member
Nov 26, 2011
Dear Seniors,
I have a query that I had not added surname of mu Daughter in any doc inc Passport. In landing papers and Visa Given Name is Blank and name is printed in front of Surname e.g.

Given Name ____________ Surname XXXXX YYYYYY

Kindly confirm whether this is routine work where there is no Surname or this is a mistake by VO.

Regards,
Samar.

Jeniya

Star Member
Oct 4, 2010
Kottayam, Kerala
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/10/2010
Doc's Request.
Submitted/CIO
AOR Received.
8/02/2011
IELTS Request
Submitted/CIO
Med's Request
18/03/2011
Med's Done....
23/12/2011
Passport Req..
for new born Submitted to NDVO on 28/12/2011
VISA ISSUED...
31/01/2012
LANDED..........
by April fisrt week
samar1233 said:
Dear Seniors,
I have a query that I had not added surname of mu Daughter in any doc inc Passport. In landing papers and Visa Given Name is Blank and name is printed in front of Surname e.g.

Given Name ____________ Surname XXXXX YYYYYY

Kindly confirm whether this is routine work where there is no Surname or this is a mistake by VO.

Regards,
Samar.

It is normal

Please refer to the second page top portion of the instruction letter which came along with your visa (6page Letter starting with Dar Applicant)
you will be relieved

Regards
Ajimon

rilov

Star Member
May 27, 2010
queencougar said:
Thanks so much TC and everyone.

Landing, well it was no problem. :D

We went over the US border and back in a day, as we are very close to the USA border here.
London did not do a thing with our passports so I have no idea why we had to send them! We just got them back with one of those documents that has several copies with a perforated tear strip down each edge and instructions to take this to the border with us.

After a nice lunch across in the States on Superbowl Sunday, we got back to Pacific Crossing at about 4.30pm. There was no-one at all in the offices when we went in there and there was only one Border Guard on duty at the desks.
We went up with our paperwork and he immediately said,
"I think I know what we are doing here!" and then sent us to sit down while he worked through all the papers.

He called me back first and asked me a few questions (Has your status changed since you applied?, Have you any new dependents? etc).
He also said he assumed that we had already done all the stuff about our possessions since we had been here a while and we replied that yes, we had done all that!
Then he folded up my copy of the COPR very neatly indeed and gave me a Canada flag pin badge, a big Canada flag on a stick, shook my hand and said, "Welcome to Canada!"

Then he did the same for Neil, who is the Principal Applicant.
He said to us both, "You are now three quarters Canadian!".
I asked him how much Tim Hortons coffee did we had to drink to make us 100% Canadian and he laughed and said when our blood was the same colour as the coffee!

So, we left the offices happily with our flags and went home - we can call it that now!
The PR cards come later - they tell us about 6 weeks perhaps until they arrive.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting and be assured that the landing part is straightforward and very enjoyable. ;)
Congrats...

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
Congrats & all the very best for your future in Canada

actungbabyk said:

Thank you all..

bahar855

Feb 22, 2011
ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 Feb 2011, transferred to Ottawa in July 2012
AOR Received.
29 March 2011
IELTS Request
sent with Docs
Med's Request
July 15 ,2013 Doc requests: Sep 25,2013
Med's Done....
July 17,2013
Passport Req..
Jan 30, 2014
yosemite said:
Bahar,

I so agree with you...i am beyond frustrated looking at the time Buffalo is taking...really dont understand why they are so slow...when most other VOs are so fast....
Yes, I am thinking about establishing a petition or so and asking Buffalo to speed up! Or maybe we can all together send email to a governmental organization to ask them do sth for this problem,it is unacceptable to be that much slow !

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
mats said:
Hi,

For PR: 2 years out of every 5 years from date you land in Canada.

For Citizenship: 3 years of last 4 years from date you intend to apply for citizenship.

Regards,
Param

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
Hi,

My passport is about to expire in another 8 months. Yesterday I couriered NDVO a request to expedite my case. Donno if they would heed to my request or it will fall on deaf ears.

Param

theshivster

Oct 7, 2010
Ireland
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-04-2011
AOR Received.
17-05-2011
IELTS Request
sent with app 8.5 band score
File Transfer...
RBVO 21 June 2011 IN PROCESS 20 Jan 2012
Med's Request
Med's Done....
02.10.2012 (there is only one DMP here and we were waiting on new passports) Meds line added 19.11.12
Passport Req..
07.02.2013 sent 11.2.13 arrived 12.2.13
VISA ISSUED...
Visa Dated 28.02.2013 Canadian Address on Ecas 02.03.2013 Decision Made Sunday 03.03.2013
LANDED..........
Prinicipal Applicant Landed 14 May. The rest of us landed on 2.9.2013
queencougar said:
Thanks so much TC and everyone.

Landing, well it was no problem. :D

We went over the US border and back in a day, as we are very close to the USA border here.
London did not do a thing with our passports so I have no idea why we had to send them! We just got them back with one of those documents that has several copies with a perforated tear strip down each edge and instructions to take this to the border with us.

After a nice lunch across in the States on Superbowl Sunday, we got back to Pacific Crossing at about 4.30pm. There was no-one at all in the offices when we went in there and there was only one Border Guard on duty at the desks.
We went up with our paperwork and he immediately said,
"I think I know what we are doing here!" and then sent us to sit down while he worked through all the papers.

He called me back first and asked me a few questions (Has your status changed since you applied?, Have you any new dependents? etc).
He also said he assumed that we had already done all the stuff about our possessions since we had been here a while and we replied that yes, we had done all that!
Then he folded up my copy of the COPR very neatly indeed and gave me a Canada flag pin badge, a big Canada flag on a stick, shook my hand and said, "Welcome to Canada!"

Then he did the same for Neil, who is the Principal Applicant.
He said to us both, "You are now three quarters Canadian!".
I asked him how much Tim Hortons coffee did we had to drink to make us 100% Canadian and he laughed and said when our blood was the same colour as the coffee!

So, we left the offices happily with our flags and went home - we can call it that now!
The PR cards come later - they tell us about 6 weeks perhaps until they arrive.

Best wishes to everyone still waiting and be assured that the landing part is straightforward and very enjoyable. ;)
tim hortons - yum! congrats x