Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
Paramvir said:
Hi Babybaba,,

Nine months wait for RBVO is actually pretty long. Kudos to you for being so patient.

I hope POSVO processes your case quickly now and you get MR quickly..

Cheers and Best of Luck for remaining journey to PR Canada,,

Param

Thanks Param. I am a bit hopeful now, because i thought they lost my application. At least i know that it isn't lost. I'm really hoping and praying i get my MR quickly.

Best of luck to you.
Regards
Babybab

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
koel said:
hi

an important question please.

my sister has decided to file her application for PR, but we are confused about her work experience. She has worked for two years in the NOC and two years in a profession not mentioned in Current NOC. So, it makes 4 years of work experience. Can she claim for 21 points for 4 years of her work experience or will she be awarded only points for her 2 years of work in NOC.
she will awarded ful points for her work experience of 4years.....provided she worked for atleast 1yr in the Occupation mentioned in NOC

Babybaba

Feb 19, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Port of Spain
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-12-2010
AOR Received.
09-03-2011
maq2010 said:
First of all Congrats to u.I also applied for immigration.How much time it takes.Please give me a reply.
Hey there,
From what I've seen in the past months, the time it takes for the immigration process to be completed is dependant on your Visa office. So i suggest you ask someone with your same Visa office. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Regards

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
March 14, 2011 (In Process on Aug. 31, 2011)
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Sept. 30, 2011 (Meds sent by the DMP on Oct. 7, 2011)
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
Sept. 1, 2011 (Sent on Oct. 11th, 2011)
VISA ISSUED...
Issued on Dec. 12th, 2011
LANDED..........
Landed on Aug. 16th, 2012
Points will be awarded based on number of years of work experience provided atleast 1 year of workex is related to the NOC under which one applies.

koel said:
hi

my sister has decided to file her application for PR, but we are confused about her work experience. She has worked for two years in the NOC and two years in a profession not mentioned in Current NOC. So, it makes 4 years of work experience. Can she claim for 21 points for 4 years of her work experience or will she be awarded only points for her 2 years of work in NOC.

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
canadestin said:
she will awarded ful points for her work experience of 4years.....provided she worked for atleast 1yr in the Occupation mentioned in NOC
for my knowledge,,,,

So,, according to you ,,, Even if you have only one year experience in desired NOC and say 3 years elsewhere... Still you wld get full points for experience (points for 4 years).???

mycan

Sep 1, 2011
Brampton
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yes
CONGRATS & best wishes for your bright future

Destined said:

Feeling happy to share with you all that My status has been updated to "Decision made" 2 days back.... Just waiting for the passports with Maple leaves....
8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Methali, Wayne , Anil , Pavan , Indira Heart felt special thanks to you for your personal support through out..& My thanks, regards n best wishes for all the forum members and specially to DAVID COHEN bcoz of his website "canadavisa.com" I was able to get very good information.

Will update you once I receive my passport....

Regards
Destined

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yes, you will get full points.

Paramvir said:
for my knowledge,,,,

So,, according to you ,,, Even if you have only one year experience in desired NOC and say 3 years elsewhere... Still you wld get full points for experience (points for 4 years).???

mitali

VIP Member
Sep 7, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paramvir said:
for my knowledge,,,,

JasonBourne said:
Points will be awarded based on number of years of work experience provided atleast 1 year of workex is related to the NOC under which one applies.
canadestin said:
koel said:
hi

Hi Koel,

For your sister to be eligible she has to have

1. One CONTINUOUS year of experience from the current NOC and should be in the last 10years

2. She will be awarded EXTRA points for other work ONLY if they fall in the SKILL CATEGORY of O, A or B ; need not have to be from the current NOC ; but cannot be just any work; the rest of the work experience does not have to be continuous; should also occur in the last 10 years.

How to determine skill levels:

With any NOC code, you can see from the numbers what category it is.

If it starts with 0 like 0311, it is a manager position and falls under skill type 0

If it doesn't start with 0 but the 2nd digit is 1, like 1122, it is a skill level A position.

If it doesn't start with 0 but the 2nd digit is 2, like 1222 or 3 like 7311, it is a skill level B position.

If it doesn't start with 0 and the 2nd digit is 4 or 5, it's a skill level C and if the 2nd digit is 6, it's a skill level D.

Skill Type 0

This includes senior management occupations and middle and other management positions.

Skill Level A

Occupations at this level usually require university education at the bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate level.

Skill Level B

Occupations at this level usually require education obtained at a college or vocational institute, apprenticeship training, or three to four years of secondary school followed by more than two years of on-the-job training, specialized training courses or specific work experience.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/html/Matrix.html

Mitali

canadestin

Champion Member
May 29, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Paramvir said:
for my knowledge,,,,

yes..u willget full points.....but other 3yrs as Posted by Mitali should fall in the SKILL CATEGORY of O, A or B ; from current NOC

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
mitali said:
Hi Koel,

1. One CONTINUOUS year of experience from the current NOC and should be in the last 10years

2. She will be awarded EXTRA points for other work ONLY if they fall in the SKILL CATEGORY of O, A or B ; need not have to be from the current NOC ; but cannot be just any work; the rest of the work experience does not have to be continuous; should also occur i the last 10 years.

If it starts with 0 like 0311, it is a manager position and falls under skill type 0

If it doesn't start with 0 but the 2nd digit is 1, like 1122, it is a skill level A position.

If it doesn't start with 0 but the 2nd digit is 2, like 1222 or 3 like 7311, it is a skill level B position.

If it doesn't start with 0 and the 2nd digit is 4 or 5, it's a skill level C and if the 2nd digit is 6, it's a skill level D.

You can find this and other info about NOC codes at http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2006/Introduction.aspx
Mitali
Now,, talks the Champion... 8)

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
canadestin said:
yes..u willget full points.....but other 3yrs as Posted by Mitali should fall in the SKILL CATEGORY of O, A or B ; from current NOC

That sounds sense... :D

JasonBourne

Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
PER dated Feb 16, 2011
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Sept. 1, 2011
Med's Done....
Interview........
Done on Aug 25, 2011
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Did you work for the immigration office before??? ;D

mitali said:
Hi Koel,

2. She will be awarded EXTRA points for other work ONLY if they fall in the SKILL CATEGORY of O, A or B ; need not have to be from the current NOC ; but cannot be just any work; the rest of the work experience does not have to be continuous; should also occur in the last 10 years.

SKILL LEVEL O : Management occupations
SKILL LEVEL A : Require University education
SKILL LEVEL B : College education or apprenticeship training.

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2006/html/Matrix.html

Mitali

Paramvir

Apr 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
mitali said:
OMG...... Canadestin, Jason ad Param ....how come all three of you are awake...hehehehee....this is uncanny... 8)

Mitali
Lots of time before we rest..... ;)