Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
always+ve said:
This is a general question to all those who have received their PER sometime back and its been quite a few days ever since... "Does anyone plan to send a query to their respective visa offices regarding the status of their case?"

Please reply so that we who have got a weird reply from our VO have some clarity whether we r the exceptions or part of the rule.

Thanks

Regards
Dear +ve,

ND VO gave us a rude shock. Sending the whole bunch of documents again would be a nightmare for me.

Like You, I am also from the first lot of people getting PER (23rd Nov) and it’s been 52 days today. I have been checking my mails and eCAS couple of time a day expecting to get some news on my application.

I am also planning to send an enquiry to ND VO and lets hope they are now updated with the new rules and give us a favorable reply.

Since I am in Delhi, I was wondering if there is some kind of Helpdesk or Enquiry Counter in Canada Embassy here, so that I can go personally and get things clarified.

In the mean time, I would also advise everybody to start preparing a complete set of documents, so that we can submit them to VO in the worst case if we really had to.

The only thing I am worried about is the documents which we submitted in original.

1. IELTS scorecard, I am sure we can’t get a duplicate copy of this.
2. Original Letter of references from past employers. It was a pain to arrange them all. Getting them again is not at all possible for me.
3. Transcripts, I am lucky here. One of my friend advised me to get 2 copies from my university. I listened to him and have 1 spare copy now.
4. Birth Certificate, I don’t know why :'( but I submitted the original and I don’t have another copy of it.
5. PCC, I submitted the original, it was a harassment to get it earlier.

Regards,
Grasshopper

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
always+ve said:
This is a general question to all those who have received their PER sometime back and its been quite a few days ever since... "Does anyone plan to send a query to their respective visa offices regarding the status of their case?"

Please reply so that we who have got a weird reply from our VO have some clarity whether we r the exceptions or part of the rule.

Thanks

Regards
I dropped them an email but not expecting any meaningful reply (if a reply at all).

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Sent with app - 8.5 band score
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Hi people,

Ok, I've done a bit more tidying on the spreadsheet. Rather than deleting inactive users we now have an inactive users tab. So basically rather than faffing about marking people in red and then waiting - I am simply moving anyone who hasn't posted on the thread for over a month onto the inactive users tab. If they then return to the thread it is only a few seconds to copy them back over to the live tracking sheet.

I will try to do this once per week, and have done applications received up until the end of September. I have also added the date the user last posted on our thread on the inactive users tab.

Hopefully this will keep our spreadsheet as live and accurate as reasonably possible, whilst at the same time ensuring nobody's details are deleted.

So if you see your name missing it will be on the inactive users tab. Simply post here and we will transfer it back on request :)

Best wishes.
Wayne.

Cur-Rozen

Sep 28, 2010
Ontario, Vaughan (city above Toronto)
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20,2010
AOR Received.
Jan 13, 2011
IELTS Request
attached (L7.5 R9 W6.5 S6.5, BS7.5)
File Transfer...
2AOR - 8.03.2011
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Cappuccino said:
Hi people,

Ok, I've done a bit more tidying on the spreadsheet. Rather than deleting inactive users we now have an inactive users tab. So basically rather than faffing about marking people in red and then waiting - I am simply moving anyone who hasn't posted on the thread for over a month onto the inactive users tab. If they then return to the thread it is only a few seconds to copy them back over to the live tracking sheet.

I will try to do this once per week, and have done applications received up until the end of September. I have also added the date the user last posted on our thread on the inactive users tab.

Hopefully this will keep our spreadsheet as live and accurate as reasonably possible, whilst at the same time ensuring nobody's details are deleted.

So if you see your name missing it will be on the inactive users tab. Simply post here and we will transfer it back on request :)

Best wishes.
Wayne.

Well done! Thank you for the efforts :)

made711

Star Member
Aug 17, 2010
Belgrade, Serbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with app. (8.5 band score)
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
carl128 said:
Congratulations made711, I say, your PER is the sweetest for me coz you gave us hope....Your PER has somehow pulled out the dagger in our chest..

Another day has passed and CIO employees went home already. As long as I dont receive a NER even without PER upto this date Ill try to be at peace.

BTW made711 may I know if you contacted them thru email to inquire about your status? if you did, how often?
I've contacted them only once. and they said that our submission is under review...

@ johnyusa Thanks a lot... Kind of blue, what can I say, I'm Miles Davis fan :)

@ ash ali :D Cheers!

Ziaul

Jan 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 August,2010
AOR Received.
PER on 24Nov,2010
File Transfer...
February2,2011
Med's Request
9 Janu, received 14 January, 2013
Med's Done....
17 January, 2013; Arrived to Phillipine 22.1.2013
Interview........
04 Dec, 2012; Dhaka
Passport Req..
08 March, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
16 May, 2013; Received 22 May'13
LANDED..........
27 Sep'2013
Dear friends,
Who got their PERs on earlier i.e. on Nov/early Dec,10, should make quary to their respective VOs.
For quary, first I mailed. Then made a call by phone.When the answers were not satisfied, then write them letter and sent by post yesterday to know about my status . Without estatus, we are just in dark now.Copy of my letter is as below.When everybody will make quary, I believe, must we will get a pathway for further processing.
If any more suggession regarding this matter,please write.
Regards
Ziaul
Letter sent to VO............

Date: 13 January,2011
Ref: Application: B*********
UCI: ********

To
Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore

Sub : Prayer to get application status of ‘Permanent Resident’ in Canada

Dear Sir,

I have applied for permanent resident in Canada on 7August,2010. CIC,NS gives me a reply on 24November,2010 with file no which are attached with this letter.They confirm me about my file transfered to your office and ask me for further communication with your office. Yet, I am not able to get my status of application online or any way.

So, I am anxiously waiting what have to do now and to know about my application status.
Your kind cooperation will release my anxiety.

With regards :

Md. Ziaul Haq
Email : ....................
Mobile : ..................

Enclose : Letter of CIC, Canada

Amro Elsayed

Sep 7, 2010
Riyadh Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-09-2010
Doc's Request.
10-09-2010
AOR Received.
06-01-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with the app.
File Transfer...
10-3-2011
Med's Request
17-5-2011
Interview........
Waived
Dear Wayen i take a look at the Inactive users in the spread sheet and i returned one applicant as this one i added from the Arabic forum i will keep you updated about the people from the arabic forum

Amro

thoro

Dec 28, 2010
phils..
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.08,10
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
wishing
LANDED..........
soon
nursemich said:
Thank you carl, I just hope to receive my visa by June..

congrats nursemich...hope i will have same fate as yours....

thoro

Dec 28, 2010
phils..
Category........
Visa Office......
manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec.08,10
AOR Received.
waiting
IELTS Request
sent with application
VISA ISSUED...
wishing
LANDED..........
soon
Cappuccino said:
Hi, welcome to the thread :) I have added your details to our spreadsheet, can you please confirm whether or not you included your PCC with your application?

Thanks.
Wayne.
thank you ver much for the response...i havnt included my PCC with my application...
this means a lot to me....

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
27-Aug-2011[br][br]ECAS[br]Recd By VO.....: 11-Feb-2011[br]In Process.......: 15-Mar-2011[br]Decision Made.: 25-Jun-2011
Ziaul said:
Dear friends,
Who got their PERs on earlier i.e. on Nov/early Dec,10, should make quary to their respective VOs.
For quary, first I mailed. Then made a call by phone.When the answers were not satisfied, then write them letter and sent by post yesterday to know about my status . Without estatus, we are just in dark now.Copy of my letter is as below.When everybody will make quary, I believe, must we will get a pathway for further processing.
If any more suggession regarding this matter,please write.
Regards
Ziaul
Letter sent to VO............

Date: 13 January,2011
Ref: Application: B*********
UCI: ********

To
Canadian High Commission
Immigration Section
Robinson Road, P.O. Box 845
Singapore
901645 Singapore

Sub : Prayer to get application status of ‘Permanent Resident' in Canada

Dear Sir,

I have applied for permanent resident in Canada on 7August,2010. CIC,NS gives me a reply on 24November,2010 with file no which are attached with this letter.They confirm me about my file transfered to your office and ask me for further communication with your office. Yet, I am not able to get my status of application online or any way.

So, I am anxiously waiting what have to do now and to know about my application status.
Your kind cooperation will release my anxiety.

With regards :

Md. Ziaul Haq
Email : ....................
Mobile : ..................

Enclose : Letter of CIC, Canada
Hi,

So if all FSW1 applicants follow your advice and contact their visa offices this will generate over 5000 extra queries across the visa offices. I fail to see how this will speed anything up?

Personally my advice is to NOT contact the visa office until there is cause for concern - i.e. the timescales slip way beyond that which is expected before hearing from them. Since nobody has heard from visa office yet I don't think anyone really has cause for concern at this stage.

Every minute spent answering "what is happening to my application?" queries after 5 mins is a minute not spent processing our applications.

Wayne.

Cappuccino

VIP Member
Jun 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-Aug-2010
AOR Received.
15-Dec-2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
13-Apr-2011
Med's Done....
19-Apr-2011
Passport Req..
28-June-2011
VISA ISSUED...
21-July-2011
LANDED..........
thoro said:
thank you ver much for the response...i havnt included my PCC with my application...
this means a lot to me....
OK updated now,
Wayne.

wenstumped

Jul 25, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

So if all FSW1 applicants follow your advice and contact their visa offices this will generate over 5000 extra queries across the visa offices. I fail to see how this will speed anything up?

Personally my advice is to NOT contact the visa office until there is cause for concern - i.e. the timescales slip way beyond that which is expected before hearing from them. Since nobody has heard from visa office yet I don't think anyone really has cause for concern at this stage.

Every minute spent answering "what is happening to my application?" queries after 5 mins is a minute not spent processing our applications.

Wayne.
I agree with Wayne about this. There is absolutely no point in all of us contacting our VOs simultaneously and distracting them from what they should be doing, ie; processing our applications. On the other hand, if this starts to look like clear miscommunication between the CIO and VOs as to how to deal with post June 26th applicants, then only the people who received their PERs in Nov should contact the VOs. We have some 20 odd members on our forum of which 9 belong to ND VO. If there is a problem just these people sending in enquiries should be sufficient to get the VO's attention. What do the other members think?

Grasshopper

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Brampton, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Hi,

Wayne.
Hi Wayne,

You are correct, but only concern here is that Incase (I know this is a rare possiblity), we need to submit all documents again, we should not be exceeding the 120 Days timeline. I am already done 52 days.

Regards,
Grasshopper.

asaif

Sep 3, 2010
London, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cappuccino said:
Apart from what is right and what is wrong, this is the game:
- If no one contacts the VO, no processing delay, but we'll all stay in the darkness (which is OK since we are quite sure that we are safe, and it's just a matter of time). This is the base scenario.
- If one contacts the VO and nobody else does, he/she might get a response that calms his/her anxiety, while that will cause slight delay in the processing of all applicants, So he/she makes a gain at the expense of everyone else.
- If everybody contact the VO, most probably they will all get very late and meaningless responses, with processing delay due to the large number of enquiries. Everyone loses.
Clearly, for the public good, everyone shall refrain from contacting the VO, however, each of us will think he can benefit a little bit more by "cheating" while everyone else "complying". So everyone will cheat and we'll all end worse off :((
This is the Prisoners' Dilemma, one of the most studies problems in Game Theory.
The bottom line is, no matter how much we advice people not to contact the VO, each one has enough incentive to do and he/she will do.

aaycee

Dec 27, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2010
Doc's Request.
Document Submitted: 17-03-11
AOR Received.
2nd AOR: 18-2-2011
IELTS Request
Med's Request
25-02-11
Med's Done....
9-03-11
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
25-02-11
VISA ISSUED...
22-7-11
LANDED..........
4th October 2011 Winnipeg :)
asaif said:
Apart from what is right and what is wrong, this is the game:
- If no one contacts the VO, no processing delay, but we'll all stay in the darkness (which is OK since we are quite sure that we are safe, and it's just a matter of time). This is the base scenario.
- If one contacts the VO and nobody else does, he/she might get a response that calms his/her anxiety, while that will cause slight delay in the processing of all applicants, So he/she makes a gain at the expense of everyone else.
- If everybody contact the VO, most probably they will all get a very late and meaningless response, with processing delay due to the large number of enquiries. Everyone loses.
Clearly, for the public good, everyone shall refrain from contacting the VO, however, each of us will think he can benefit a little bit more by "cheating" while everyone else "complying". So everyone will cheat and we'll all end worse off :((
This is the Prisoners' Dilemma, one of the most studies problems in Game Theory.
The bottom line is, no matter how much we advice people not to contact the VO, each one has enough incentive to do and he/she will do.
Eggjactly ;)