App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
31.12.2012. Citizen: 2017-09-08
Calgary has not been as bad as Toronto. We had temperatures in the positive for most of January. It's gotten a bit colder now but the snow isn't very much.

donmar

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20, 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
It has been a long time since I posted anything but can you imagine it has been 3 years since my file was sent to the visa office in Kingston. My status just changed to "in process" on January 21, 2014. I thought my file was lost. Glad to know that something is happening at the Kingston VO.

Donmar

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Wow, that must be frustrating. I remember you and can recollect that you submitted your application before mine.

So much for processing in the order of submission. I really don't know the thought process of CIC when it comes to processing applications.

luli55

Jan 31, 2014
Hello,

I am new here, so I would like to update my application status:

S.NO. NAME NOC CIO DATE RCVD VOFFICE STATUS
1- Luli55 2131 N/S 14th NOV 13 Paris

The CAP reached the first week of December, just 2 weeks after my application was recieved, so I am not sure if it entered. Up to now I haven't recieved any news from CIC. I just sent an email to ask about it and I hope the answer soon.

Cheers,

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
luli55 said:
Hello,

I am new here, so I would like to update my application status:

S.NO. NAME NOC CIO DATE RCVD VOFFICE STATUS
1- Luli55 2131 N/S 14th NOV 13 Paris

The CAP reached the first week of December, just 2 weeks after my application was recieved, so I am not sure if it entered. Up to now I haven't recieved any news from CIC. I just sent an email to ask about it and I hope the answer soon.

Cheers,
I think you will find better results if you look for a thread for 2013 applicants. Good luck.

donmar

Star Member
Jun 30, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 20, 2010
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Advance123, I just forgot about it. It was when a friend of mine who applied around the same time as I did told me that she got medical request that I decided to check the online status. I will continue to wait until they fell fit to send me mine. Life still goes on.

Donmar

haral

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats. can you share your experience...how did you cope with initial cultural shock? how long did it take to get the first job? how much does it pay? is it enough to keep your savings intact? are you overall happy with your decision to move there?
Advance123 said:
Hi guys, Just checking this forum for after a long while. I've completed my first year in Canada, Calgary to be specific. It's been a good ride.
This forum was so exciting between 2010 and 2012. I hope the spirit of it would be kept up. For all those waiting, its only a matter of time. I wish you all the best for your application.

DXB_GUY

Oct 23, 2010
Canadian citizenship: 5 key ways the rules are changing

The Harper government is calling the proposed overhaul of the Citizenship Act the first comprehensive reform to it since 1977.

Here are five important proposed changes:

1) It will take longer. Under new legislation, permanent residents will have to have a “physical presence” in Canada for four years out of six years, compared to the current three out of four years.

2) Tougher language requirements. More applicants will have to meet language requirements and pass a test, with the government expanding its age range for those requirements to those aged 14-64, compared to the current range of 18-54.

3) Citizenship can be revoked. The government would have the power to strip citizenship from dual nationals who are members of an armed force or groups engaged in armed conflict with Canada, and from those convicted of terrorism, treason or spying.

4) Criminal charges abroad come into play. The new legislation would bar people with foreign criminal charges and convictions from getting citizenship. Current laws only bar citizenship for those with certain domestic criminal charges and convictions.

5) Fast-track for those who join the military. Permanent residents who are members of the Canadian Armed Forces will have a fast-track to citizenship.

Other changes include:

<bullet> Fees for applications for citizenship will go up from $100 to $300 so that an applicant for citizenship would pay a total of $400, including the fee for the right of citizenship for all successful applicants.

<bullet> Legislation is also being proposed to tighten regulations against fraud with a $100,000 fine or up to two years in prison for an unauthorized individual who knowingly represents or advises on a citizenship application or hearing for a fee.

<bullet> Any individual who commits citizenship fraud faces a fine of up to a $100,000 and or five years in prison. The penalty for a summary offence would include a fine of up to $50,000 and/or two years in prison.

<bullet> The minister of citizenship and immigration will be given the power to give citizenship to some individuals in extraordinary circumstances. And he will be given sole authority to revoke citizenship for those who obtained citizenship by fraud — either through residence fraud, concealing criminal inadmissibility or identity fraud.

•The creation of a body that supervises immigration consultants and holds them to a series of professional standards;
•The ability to deny citizenship to criminals charged with or convicted of serious crimes outside Canada as well as criminals serving a sentence outside Canada.

Applicants will have to have been physically present in Canada for four of the previous six years, instead of three out of four; will have to sign a declaration attesting that they plan to live here; will not be able to count time spent in the country before acquiring permanent resident status; and will have to file Canadian income taxes during the residence period. Fees for applicants will be tripled, though Canada still charges much less than Britain or the U.S.

The government is also extending language and knowledge requirements to everyone aged 14 to 65, in place of the present ages 18 to 54. That would mean both elderly relatives and younger family members have to bone up on either French or English and study Canadian customs and culture, to gain acceptance. Penalties for fraud will be sharply increased and permanent residents serving in the armed forces will get a break, qualifying a year faster than other applicants.

Smile Forever

Oct 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
london
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2011
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
March 2011
File Transfer...
processing began in oct 2011
Med's Request
waiting......
Med's Done....
waiting.........
Passport Req..
waiting........
VISA ISSUED...
waiting.........
LANDED..........
still waiting........
DXB_GUY said:

The Harper government is calling the proposed overhaul of the Citizenship Act the first comprehensive reform to it since 1977.

1) It will take longer. Under new legislation, permanent residents will have to have a “physical presence” in Canada for four years out of six years, compared to the current three out of four years.

2) Tougher language requirements. More applicants will have to meet language requirements and pass a test, with the government expanding its age range for those requirements to those aged 14-64, compared to the current range of 18-54.

3) Citizenship can be revoked. The government would have the power to strip citizenship from dual nationals who are members of an armed force or groups engaged in armed conflict with Canada, and from those convicted of terrorism, treason or spying.

4) Criminal charges abroad come into play. The new legislation would bar people with foreign criminal charges and convictions from getting citizenship. Current laws only bar citizenship for those with certain domestic criminal charges and convictions.

5) Fast-track for those who join the military. Permanent residents who are members of the Canadian Armed Forces will have a fast-track to citizenship.

Other changes include:

<bullet> Fees for applications for citizenship will go up from $100 to $300 so that an applicant for citizenship would pay a total of $400, including the fee for the right of citizenship for all successful applicants.

<bullet> Legislation is also being proposed to tighten regulations against fraud with a $100,000 fine or up to two years in prison for an unauthorized individual who knowingly represents or advises on a citizenship application or hearing for a fee.

<bullet> Any individual who commits citizenship fraud faces a fine of up to a $100,000 and or five years in prison. The penalty for a summary offence would include a fine of up to $50,000 and/or two years in prison.

<bullet> The minister of citizenship and immigration will be given the power to give citizenship to some individuals in extraordinary circumstances. And he will be given sole authority to revoke citizenship for those who obtained citizenship by fraud — either through residence fraud, concealing criminal inadmissibility or identity fraud.

•The creation of a body that supervises immigration consultants and holds them to a series of professional standards;
•The ability to deny citizenship to criminals charged with or convicted of serious crimes outside Canada as well as criminals serving a sentence outside Canada.

Applicants will have to have been physically present in Canada for four of the previous six years, instead of three out of four; will have to sign a declaration attesting that they plan to live here; will not be able to count time spent in the country before acquiring permanent resident status; and will have to file Canadian income taxes during the residence period. Fees for applicants will be tripled, though Canada still charges much less than Britain or the U.S.

The government is also extending language and knowledge requirements to everyone aged 14 to 65, in place of the present ages 18 to 54. That would mean both elderly relatives and younger family members have to bone up on either French or English and study Canadian customs and culture, to gain acceptance. Penalties for fraud will be sharply increased and permanent residents serving in the armed forces will get a break, qualifying a year faster than other applicants.

there is only one point which i dont agree on...obviously we DO PLAN to live in Canada PERMANENTLY...that is the reason we are putting our time our efforts to gain PR....however we need money to survive....there can be a time in our lives, when we find a better job elsewhere in this world, then we are left with no option but to move out in order to survive...

citizens of every country move globally to secure their future...this would be highly discriminatory of Canada if they would threaten us to cancel citizenship if we move out...no country does that....and this is highly ridiculous....

i would love to live permanently in canada for the rest of my life that is why i am planning to move there...however a situation may arise in which i am left without a job in canada and offered one abroad...then i would definitely move out till i get a better option in canada....

canada should focus more on making its economy stronger rather than imposing unnecessary conditions...

Sarah1

Feb 7, 2014
DXB_GUY said:

Other changes include:

Question about no.1
If it goes through, will it affect current PRs who accumulate days for citizenship, or for the future landing immigrants?

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Advance123 said:
Hi guys, Just checking this forum for after a long while. I've completed my first year in Canada, Calgary to be specific. It's been a good ride.
This forum was so exciting between 2010 and 2012. I hope the spirit of it would be kept up. For all those waiting, its only a matter of time. I wish you all the best for your application.
good old days!!

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
donmar said:
It has been a long time since I posted anything but can you imagine it has been 3 years since my file was sent to the visa office in Kingston. My status just changed to "in process" on January 21, 2014. I thought my file was lost. Glad to know that something is happening at the Kingston VO.

Donmar
congratulations!! waiting is and will be the only passing time from now on!!

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
DXB_GUY said:

so improvement is the longer version of waiting!! good one!!

Advance123

Oct 30, 2010
Canada
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
haral said:
congrats. can you share your experience...how did you cope with initial cultural shock? how long did it take to get the first job? how much does it pay? is it enough to keep your savings intact? are you overall happy with your decision to move there?
Cultural shock for me was not much of an issue since I moved from the UK nonetheless I was a little bit shaken by the cold weather.

If your expenses are not over the top, you can hold onto your savings but the likelihood of that is slim. Canada is expensive.

If you are lucky to get a job once you arrive you will be more than okay. It took me 5 months to begin earning income. Most people settle for low income jobs to keep afloat which pays between $9 and $12 per hour. These jobs could be difficult to get especially if you land in Toronto. To get the type of job you really want you may need to make sacrifices with regards to income. Overall patience and hardwork are the key words. No automatic employment is waiting for anyone and thee are many people in the system scrambling for the same jobs you are hoping for.

I have no regrets coming to Canada. I have made more progress in one year than I made in 8 years being in the UK.

Everything depends on your attitude. If you retain strong attachment to your home country you will find it difficult to adjust. You may not have as much money to throw around as you had back home. Taxes!

If you have made up your mind to be truly Canadian then let moderation be your driving force.

mute_man

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2011
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
SG
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 January 2011
Nomination.....
23 June 2011
AOR Received.
20 July 2011
Med's Request
05 March 2014
Med's Done....
15 March 2014
Passport Req..
05 March 2014
VISA ISSUED...
16 April 2014
LANDED..........
12 July 2014
Advance123 said:
Cultural shock for me was not much of an issue since I moved from the UK nonetheless I was a little bit shaken by the cold weather.

If your expenses are not over the top, you can hold onto your savings but the likelihood of that is slim. Canada is expensive.

If you are lucky to get a job once you arrive you will be more than okay. It took me 5 months to begin earning income. Most people settle for low income jobs to keep afloat which pays between $9 and $12 per hour. These jobs could be difficult to get especially if you land in Toronto. To get the type of job you really want you may need to make sacrifices with regards to income. Overall patience and hardwork are the key words. No automatic employment is waiting for anyone and thee are many people in the system scrambling for the same jobs you are hoping for.

I have no regrets coming to Canada. I have made more progress in one year than I made in 8 years being in the UK.

Everything depends on your attitude. If you retain strong attachment to your home country you will find it difficult to adjust. You may not have as much money to throw around as you had back home. Taxes!

If you have made up your mind to be truly Canadian then let moderation be your driving force.
good one!! +1!